Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #1  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Stranger in the Mirror

This has been happening to me a lot lately. I'm going about my day and feel so fat and like my stomach is sticking wayyyy out over my pants (or sticking out from my shirt, or whatever). When I finally see myself in the mirror, I'm honestly shocked that I don't look that terrible. That my stomach isn't sticking out much at all. That I look kind of pretty and sort of thinnish. That I really do look different than I did a year and three months ago. That I could pass for "normal" in a crowd.
Weight loss is a strange journey... I am excited about getting to goal and seeing how crazy it gets. And getting to know that stranger in the mirror.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

That's awesome (minus the whole feeling like you are some fat blob). A lot of women have the opposite thing happening to them. They feel hot and sexy, yet when they see themselves in the mirror they feel fat and ugly. It's always hard to adjust to a different body, may it be because of losing weight or gaining. Keep up the great work!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #3  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks, Candeka

Ironically, I felt like that a lot when I'd lost around 25-30 pounds. I FELT hot, but still looked pretty much the same in the mirror. Can't win.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

Height: 5'6"

Heather,
I have the same issue! I FEEL so fat still. I feel like my stomach is HUGE and jiggly and sticks waaaaaay out. I feel like I must have five chins and be the biggest person ever to walk into a room.
Then I see a picture of myself, or I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. That's not me. It probably never WAS me, but because I have such negative self-talk, I believe it was and still IS me.
I wish I had the answer to the question "how do you stop negative self-talk?"
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

that's so awesome to hear I have done the same thing. crazy how us women are after eating a meal, I think, hey I'm full, I must of gained FIVE pounds!! and I feel like my stomach is quite large and I look like I did when I started my weight loss. Then I get on the scale (after dinner) or catch myself in the mirror and I'm surprised it kinda keeps us on our toes huh?
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote