South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:52 AM   #1  

Default need some re-assurance

You all know I am fairly new here. I just got my book in the mail yesterday. Have been doing SBD since Saturday, but without the book I did make a few mistakes. I also just got my period yesterday, which I know makes me gain weight. I joined the YMCA last week, have gone the last two nights and done 1/2 hour on the treadmill. (went 3 times last week) I have about 50 pounds to loose. I LOVE this WOE...it's very easy for me...I stepped on the scale this morning (don't ask me why) and I have gained like 3 pounds...Please reassure me that this will work....that's it's monthly water weight, that I am not the only person like this....I am 44 and have been fat for the last 12 years...I am so excited about this, and hopeful...now I am getting a little worried...any input would be SO appreciated.

stay the course,
tina
Old 08-06-2003, 10:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Tina, sweetie... it's your period. Do NOT stress. Drink lots of water, stick with the program, and next week you will see results!! Think of this as a learning time. You've got your book now... take these few days to really read it and get familiar with it. By the time your period is over, not only will you have lost some weight, but you'll know the program inside and out!
You're going to be fine... hang in there...
love and hugs
ellis
Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #3  

Thanks Ellis, I'll try to calm down, take a breathe and hold tight....

tina
Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #4  

Tina,

I feel for you. I know how discouraging it is to work so hard with no results. But keep in mind that the scale isn't the only indicator. Do you feel better? More energetic? You are taking care of yourself and you WILL see the weight come off.

Keep up the good work.
Jule
Old 08-06-2003, 12:43 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Tina~Please don't give up. It is your period and the water retention that can come with it. I am 48 and I can easily gain 5-7 pounds of water during my TOM. Not only will you eventually lose this TOM weight soon (you always do , don't you ) but you will also begin to lose because of this WOE.

By next week, you will have to plan your daily agenda based around where the bathrooms are. No lie!!! You wait and see....
Old 08-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #6  

Thanks guys...you know the bottom line is I have tried everything else....this HAS to work...I am running out of choices, and like I said, I like the plan, so I am in no rush to jump off the wagon (or jump off the beach ) I will hang on and keep you all posted on my (hopefully) progress.

stay the course,
tina
Old 08-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: s195/c176/g150

Hey all, I am new to the SBD program...just started today. I tried the Atkins Diet last winter, and I could only stay on it for a couple weeks, and never lost....any inspiration or tips you might have to keep me on task these next two weeks of Phase 1?
Old 08-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME TRISHIAU!!!
Suggestions-Drink LOTS of water. Don't let yourself get hungry (Eat ALL your meals and snacks!!) A lot of us here had headaches the first week. This is carb withdrawal. Stick with it, because they are gone by the second week!!!
This has been much easier than I or many of the others here thought it was going to be, so relax and enjoy the sun and sand on the beach!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #9  
Mous

Keep off the scale and remember numbers are just that numbers!

They may or may not come down, but the inches WILL.

Have faith. The pounds will melt away when you aren't looking.
Keep to the SBD and keep posting.

Marcie
Old 08-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #10  

Don't give up. I had myself a little pity party last week because I had lost 4, then gained 2 back in phase I. I was seriously questioning the plan...but I'm glad I stayed with it because I am now seeing with results.

Everyone is right. Drink up...and stick with it. You'll be happy you did.

Erika
Old 08-06-2003, 09:13 PM   #11  

Tina:

It is definitely your period ... don't feel bad ... I haven't lost a pound in about 9 days!!! ... drink lots of water and make sure you're eating enough ...

The scale isn't the only thing that matters although it is so much more encouraging when we see a pound slide off ... I've noticed that my clothes are much looser and I feel so much better ....

Hang in there!!!

Kathy
Old 08-06-2003, 09:17 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the support...I feel a little better tonight....it's nice to know I am not alone on this journey (or on the beach!)

stay the course,
tina
Closed Thread