Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #1  

Default Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: Mar 12-18

new pages
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #2  

today is my official WI. I lost another pound. Doing the happy dance.

Vickie, good luck today. We miss you, so stop by more often.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Pam. And, congratulations on the pound.

I'm still staying off the scale for a while. This week I am going to cut way back on the amount of fruit I eat, and I'm not going to eat any red meat. I'll eat berries and apples and pears, one of them once a day. I've been having way too much sugar over the last week, and need to cut out all added sugar too. These parties are rough on me. I'm really a cookie monster

I've finally got a slow day, thank goodness. I've got a few errands to run and an appointment with my trainer. Tonight is another of the dreaded gas drilling task force meetings. The industry reps are bullies, I guarantee you.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a late start this morning,had to go to the PO and Mail my St Patrick's Days kisses to my DGC. I found 4 small pkgs that was in the shape of a kiss candy with 4 kisses inside each package. Along with that I send each a $5 bill,should get the package by Wednesday,as I sent it priority mail.Than a friend asked me to stay at a church meeting,so I just got home. Hope that my handy man wasn't around with my light fixture as I was out most of the A.M.

PAM for the pages and congrats on your 1 lb.lose.

RHONDA-I don't eat that much fruit just because even of fruit is healthy for you it has too much natural sugar in them that I find gives me a bad reading on the scale. Here's to next week.

Have to go my dinner is ready,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #5  

made it...all day, no sugar except what was in one apple and 1/2 cup frozen mango. I also had no wheat and no red meat.

I did an upper body workout today because my quads have been hurting for days. So, tomorrow I'll just hurt all over
Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Vickie, how did your test go? You're under a lot of stress. I hope things level out for you soon for you and for us. We need you here.

Maryann, your grands will love the gifts. That's a clever idea putting money in there.

Pam, on losing that pound. We aren't buying oranges much any more. We've been stung quite a bit. It's hard to pick good ones.

Rhonda, your easy day sounds hard to me.

I worked in the yard a couple of hours today then did a little shooting at 40, 50, and 60 yds readying for the TX State Senior Games later this month down near San Antonio. I got a little sunburned. It was great being outside. The sunshine felt healthy. I'm OP.

Tomorrow AM is WI. Curtis and I are going fishing out on the lake after I wi. I won't stay for the meeting. (Bummer!) I have a class reunion this Saturday. Less than 2 weeks to get ready for those Senior Games. Lots going on!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #7  

why am I awake?!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #8  

I think I was up peeing at that time Rhonda, lol.

Sandra good luck with WI. I was down .8 this morning, over yesterdays weight, but I won't count it. My official day is Monday. I even had air popped popcorn last night. I don't add salt, so that might be what saved me from gaining. Hubby had some too, but he adds that butter salt. He loves his salt. I can take it or leave it, prefer to leave it.

Rhonda, you amaze me your dedication to exercise. Good job yesterday.

Maryann, the kids will love their St. Patty's day surprise.

My shoulder was killing me yesterday. I tried self-diagnosing and it's either a rotator cuff tear, or a muscle strain. I don't remember doing anything to make it start hurting. It happened before I painted the dining room, so can't blame it on that. It hurts to hold my coffee cup. I forgot to buy some ben-gay. Can't take ibuprofen, due to heart meds.

Have a wonderful day chickies.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #9  

Pam, I'm curious, what meds do you take that are contraindicated with ibuprofen? I wonder what hurt your arm. I know that sometimes I sleep on my right side and my right arm always hurts afterward.

Yesterday with the trainer was funny. I walked in declaring that I was never doing any more exercise that involved my quads. So, he spent the time showing me new tricep exercises. I knew some of course, but I learned new ones that are as simple as changing the grip so that the three different heads of the tricep get worked. They are simple, but like most exercises, form is everything.

At tap we've been learning a new dance to the tune of Sweet Georgia Brown in a syncopated rhythm. It ain't easy but we're looking forward to performing it.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like it going to rain any second,so I have to take my rain gear to the dentist this morning. Going to have to replace my lower back teeth with a partial bridge that has to be taken out at night YIKES!!!!! I never thought that I would have to do what my mom had to do many years ago,as I have a permanent bridge.Oh well !!!! that's what happens when you go old I suppose.

Other than that I'm going on a senior center trip to Swansea for a Forever Irish event. First dinner in Venus DeMilo and than for entertainment with Andy Cooney singing some Irish Melody's and Liam O' Connor on the accordion and the Lord of the Dance Dancers so its going to Lots of FUN.

RHONDA-You did great wish,you're so in control.wish I had the will power like you have. I had SUGAR SUGAR and some more SUGAR yesterday. Was I up this morning of course I was,now I have to work on getting the weight down.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope they like the gift as I was short this month do to Auto & house insurance along with the dentist,this month I need some green.

PAM-Thanks,I try to make it interesting for them. I was up 2 lbs this morning do to the scones I baked and ate too. Will I ever learn?????Some how I having a sweet tooth problem this time around instead of going for salty snacks. YIKES!!! I know the hurt that comes from the rotary cuff tear. Is there something stronger than ben gay that you can take,until you see the doctor.[[[[[[This is what the Mayo Clinic says about symptoms for Rotary Cuff tears]]]]]
Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Rotator cuff injury signs and symptoms may include:

Pain and tenderness in your shoulder, especially when reaching overhead, reaching behind your back, lifting, pulling or sleeping on the affected side
Shoulder weakness
Loss of shoulder range of motion
Inclination to keep your shoulder inactive

The most common symptom is pain. You may experience it when you reach up to comb your hair, bend your arm back to put on a jacket or carry something heavy. Lying on the affected shoulder also can be painful. If you have a severe injury, such as a large tear, you may experience continuous pain and muscle weakness.

When to see a doctor
You should see your doctor if:

You're experiencing severe shoulder pain
You're unable to use your arm or feel weak in the arm
You have shoulder pain that's lasted more than a week

HOPE THAT HELPS.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #11  

Pam..ouch
Women can get something called Frozen Shoulder.
I had 2 at one time. Mine came from nowhere & improved gradually.
One side improved when I fell on it..wierd..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #12  

Maryann thanks for the info. Have fun at your St Patty celebration. I'm part Irish.

Rhonda, not sure any of my meds contraindicate with ibuprofen. I take niaspan, 2 aspirin, norvasc, lipitor and isosorbide. My cardio dr. told me not to take ibuprofen. He said if I needed anything for pain, take tylenol, which does nothing for inflammation. I don't think it would kill me to take it, but if he says no, I listen to him. I used to take Celebrex for my arthritis, but he told me NO. It can cause heart attacks and strokes. Having heart disease, it's not worth that risk to me.

It's definitely in my shoulder. Nancy, don't think it's frozen shoulder. I'm trying to baby it so it will quit hurting. If I went to my primary dr, she would refer me to ortho dr, which could take awhile to see, and then the pain might be gone, so I'm sitting this one out. If after a month it's not better, maybe I'll get it checked.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #13  

I did a little internet research and learned that Ibuprofen can make your BP go up, if you're taking meds. Interesting. I knew it was hard on the kidneys, which heart meds can also affect. Oh well....

We went to a benefit bar-b-que tonight for a group that works with the homeless and families in distress. I did NOT eat the bread, the brisket, or the cobbler. I had ham, beans, and slaw. So, one more day with no wheat, no added sugar, no red meat. I missed the sugar.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

I dropped by for wi this morning on our way to the lake. I maintained. That's all right. I think my body is just readjusting or something. Next week should be better.

Pam, ouch for shoulder pain. I vote for you to go to the doctor.

Sorry this is short. We're turning in for the night. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning Chicks! Thanks for thinking about me Sandra. They took a biopsy and scheduled another test for the day after Easter. I'm definitely stressed and in a holding pattern. Also a bit uncomfortable after the biopsy. Oh well. Just don't feel like talking much and am wishing I'd gotten all of the rest of this weight off.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote