Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Default Is my dress too short?

Ok I need some help from my girls in this group. So I'm SUPER excited to finally fit into my sundress (the dress in my profile pic), I bought it last summer but it shrunk in the wash haha so I never got to wear it. But now it fits me and I'm super excited to see the tone come back in my legs. I love super cute sundresses.....so I decided to wear it to work today (its casual dress, you can wear anything)

Ok so this is my problem. I ran into Tim Horton's on my way to work to grab a tea and I swear I got snears from the lady behind the counter, and the men were totally eyeing me up.......

Ok I'm not use to this........is my dress too short? Or do I look fatter than I think I do? I'm being really self conscious here.....maybe I shouldn't show so much leg? But it's 18 here today it's super warm!!! Do I absolutely look horrible? I'm having major self confidence issues now in this dress when I felt all sexy hot this morning Please be honest, maybe I need to lose a few more pounds before I dare wearing these types of clothes?

ETA: I almost feel like people are thinking "omg she's too fat to wear that!"

Last edited by InsideMe; 03-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I really like wearing leggings with dresses that come above my knee--just a preference of my own. I think your dress is really cute. On me, I would totally wear it with fitted leggings, an open toe shoe, oversized handbag and some chunky bracelets.

As your weight goes down, you will probably find the question "Am I too fat to wear this" still replays in your mind again and again. In the end, wear what makes you feel good. That being said, I can'[t imagine feeling good knowing so many others were giving me drama over what was on my back. You just have to decide what is more important to you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Your legs look awesome in that dress! They look toned and nice. The fit is flowing and flattering. You look great in it!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like the dress. I wouldn't call it a sundress, though as it has sleeves. I am unsure if it is too short. I guess the fact that I can't decide means it is too short, maybe a little. What kind of shoes would you wear with it to work ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/265/175

Height: 5'6''

I think it looks great!
Jeckeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I think you look gorgeous! Get used to it!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I think it looks fine so long as you don't bend over at the waist rather than at the knees, which should be done anyway for the sake of your back.

I worked with college students and there was a girl that was trying to sign a piece of paper on a standard card table. She had to use one hand to keep her dress from exposing her backside. But then when she pulled down the hem of the skirt, it pulled the top (strapless tube top type) down to almost expose her chest! So, she's got one hand yanking on the bottom, one hand hoisting the top and she now has no free hand to sign the form. THAT'S too short!!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #8  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I like the dress. I wouldn't call it a sundress, though as it has sleeves. I am unsure if it is too short. I guess the fact that I can't decide means it is too short, maybe a little. What kind of shoes would you wear with it to work ?
I'm wearing the shoes in the picture. I also pulled on a black cardigan.

Thanks everyone.....I just feel HUGE when people look at me like I shouldn't be wearing this...its funny when I was bigger I didn't care, but now I am feeling uneasy in my skin......does this ever get better? I feel strange like out of place? I don't know how to explain it?
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't get me wrong I like the dress but I was a little concerned about the bending, stooping, reaching that might take place , it will pull it up a bit. If you feel comfortable in it, that is what is important.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I think they are not thinking you are too fat, but that it's March 13th in Toronto and you are wearing a summer dress with a cardigan sweater. Their thoughts are maybe "She's rushing summer a bit, huh?" The women that is. Women are judgemental - just a tad, right? The men? They just like seeing the legs!

We used to live in Waterloo, ON and i remember that the May 24 weekend is the weekend it's safe to start planting for summer. Before that and you risk a frost. So, now is more than 2 months before that date and people are slow to change their ideas of what's appropriate - to me - if it's hot, dress for the weather, not the calendar. My MIL though, dresses for the calendar. It was 70 degrees a couple days ago and she had on cords, a wool sweater and a down jacket outside. Now I couldn't help stare at her. Like really? Aren't you HOT?

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-13-2012 at 10:07 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I think they are not thinking you are too fat, but that it's March 13th in Toronto and you are wearing a summer dress with a cardigan sweater. Their thoughts are maybe "She's rushing summer a bit, huh?" The women that is. Women are judgemental - just a tad, right? The men? They just like seeing the legs!
I definitely agree that that's probably what people were sneering at. IF they were sneering. I also think it's totally possible that you felt self conscious and might have somehow expected that they were looking at you a certain way. Oh well, I say heck with 'em! You look fab.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

It's not too short in the front. Though I do run into the problem where something is appropriate from the front then thanks to my butt it is pretty inappropriate from the back. My butt protrudes enough that it definitely changes the length of skirts and dresses from behind.

Or it could also be that it's March in Toronto. OR maybe you misinterpreted their looks and maybe they were looking at you because you're nice to look at
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #13  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I think the dress looks fantastic on you.

Given that, I will say this. I believe I read somewhere you're in IT? A business analyst or something?

I'm also in IT, and we also have a casual dress code (jeans). I would not recommend wearing anything that falls above the knee in a professional office. (if that's where you are) I'd say the same exact things about flip-flops and sleeveless shirts though which I still see in the office and wonder what people are thinking.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #14  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

You look GREAT!!! I have no idea as to whether the dress is professional, but I would totally rock it!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #15  
threenorns

ppl ARE going to look - that's the whole point, eh?

strut your stuff - heaven knows you've the gams to pull it off!

for a professional look - pair with black leggings and black pumps, nice scarf around the neck (something silky and flow-y)

for a casual date, dark hose, and high heels - you can get away with a bit of shine with that print but not those light silver ones - more like a gunmetal. casual jewellery and your hair pulled back.

for a special date, dark hose but sheer, maybe even with a tattoo-like pattern (not the all-over print, i mean) or a back seam; chunky gold jewellry, rich dark lipstick with a high gloss (you've the lips to pull that off, too!), and hair up.

now unless you're walking around in "come [get] me" shoes, there's nothing slutty or skanky about the dress but with a light fabric like that, make sure you pair with a cute set of boy shorts (esp on windy days - i used to have panties that said "bite me" on the bum and another that said " kiss my" and an arrow on either outer edge pointing to the relevent area.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.