Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:52 AM   #1  

Talking realistic goals

Ok heres my question. Im planning on going for a vacation next year to Canada. Either next June or October and id like to maybe have off between 80-100 pds. My friend is in the military there and I really dont want to be remebered as the fat girl from the states. I already get grief over the accent. ( Accent what accent I dont have no stinkin accent ) Today is my first day towards my goal and I dont want to set it to high and get discouraged quickly . And advice or ideas?
Old 08-06-2003, 08:55 AM   #2  

Just set small, short term goals. Maybe something like 10 pounds at a time, or getting into a pair of pants the next size down. I know that sometimes the scale isn't moving, but I'm still able to get into a pair of pants the next size down and that encourages me and keeps me going.

Sometimes if you look at the big picture, and how far you have to go, then it can seem overwhelming, but if you just look at small increments and take it one step at a time, then it's much easier to stay on track.

You can do this!!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #3  
Jo
Catatonic

My dietician always tells me, "You can't control the scale." And, unfortunately, it's true. What works better for me is focusing on behavior changes -- i.e. making a goal to journal every day, or drink eight glasses of water a day, or exercise so many minutes a week, etc. Timed weight loss goals don't work well for me -- I feel disappointed and cheated if I don't make them. I just keep trying to believe that if I make the changes, eventually the weight will catch up
Closed Thread