South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 07:40 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Let's Smile at the Beach today DAILY 8/6

These smiles are for YOU!

Gee, I waited till 5:15 to post.

I want to talk about moods today.

Have you ever wondered what triggers these moods?

Happiness is the best mood that there is. You glow with inner and outer smiles for a long time and it is catching. Whay aren't we happy more often?

Sadness over takes our entire body. Our face muscles relax and we mope around. We can make a happy person sad just from being around us.

Deprression is the worst mood that there is. We can hole up within ourselves and are plain miserable. We allow our brain to think the worst of ourselves and we tend to wallow in this state for a long time. We don't know how to snap out of it.

Moods come and go.

We beat ourselves up, we tend to say the He__ with anything that we are trying to change and we don't care about friends, family or ANYTHING.

What are we doing to ourselves?

OKAY, one thing is mistakes are meant to happen. Slips come with progress. Change takes time. We need to allow for these moods to creep into our lives, but we DON'T need to practice them regulary.

How to we get rid of them or prevent them?

By writing, by owning up to them by realizing that we are human and that "thngs" happen to good people and good intentions.

When we first notice that familiar feeling nip it in the bud. Go to a place that you can shout...GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!
Use affermations and post them where you see them first thing in the morning.

I am worth this, I am making a change for me, I am bettering myself because I want to be with family and friends for a LONG time, I love who I am, AND If I falter, I will get up and carry on.

Yes, Moods affect us in many ways, but WE can avert them a little by changing our attitudes, how we handle them and understanding that they will come from time to time.

It is up to us Beachers to acknowledge that we are only as good as we allow ourselves to be and we ARE changing for the better in ALL ways that matter.

One way is by coming here and being HONEST. We are only fooling and hurting ourselves if we aren't.

So, today and really mean it.

Make today a new day filled with the new you....happy, healthy and full of expectations of what is to come.

Have a GREAT day and know that I care what MOOD you are in.

Lady
Old 08-06-2003, 08:00 AM   #2  

Oddly enough, I rarely have moods. If Ido, I know that they are my responsibility and I take care of them.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Are You Snooping In My Head?

Quote:
OKAY, one thing is mistakes are meant to happen. Slips come with progress. Change takes time. We need to allow for these moods to creep into our lives, but we DON'T need to practice them regulary.
Good morning, Lady. I've been moping around, hesitating to post because I'm down over some slips yesterday. You just lifted me up! Thank you so much! You bring melody to my mornings.

Aside from the beer and the following muffin slips, yesterday went well. I do love taking the time to visit with friends. Life gets too darned busy around here and I lose sight of what is really important. I was going to take off early to shop this morning but decided to have a leisurely breakfast with Harry and then take off mid-morning. I am going to dump him off at the Dollarama while I do my errands. He will be like a little kid in there! I am going to give him $20 to fill a bag with stuff for our Food Bank which is running low. (Because of storage problems, I can't give them fresh veggies which is a shame.)

Isn't it amazing to see all the new folks posting?! This is such an easy and sensible way to eat. I still feel so liberated after years and years of recording every darn thing I ate! This is kind of a yes or no plan! (No to crappy store-bought muffins even if the butter is soft!)

On goes the AC and then I'm into the shower and going to make my comprehensive list. I can't believe I'm leaving for Ottawa late Friday afternoon! It seemed so far away when I booked in May. Of course, on the way home in the plane, I'll be planning my next trip. Anybody got a spare bed?

Have a wonderful hump day!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:04 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Lady ~ LOL...I thought something was wrong with my computer, when I logged on and didn't see your post. Moods are also contagious (sp)? ever notice when your in a bad mood it brings down the people around you. and vice versa a person in a good mood can often turn someone in a bad mood around. Kinda like we get what we give. Something to think about...

Morning to all that follow!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:10 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone and Lady, I loved your post...I notice if I smile during the day I feel better and folks smile back! It is contagious (as is the negative moods!)...
Question for you Lady, I read your profile, who is Victoria Grace? Just curious...and are you are writer in "real life"...your posts are so inspirational.

stay the course,
tina
Old 08-06-2003, 08:20 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning beach babes

Lady's post reminded me of the saying "Inner happiness is like peeing your pants~~EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL THE WARMTH "
Yesterday was a Terrific Tuesday and today will be a Wonderful Wednesday.

For those who only weigh themselves once a week~Don't get discouraged if you weigh in and you have not lost anything. Remember that our weight fluctuates up and down each day, and several times within each day, too.
I was alittle sad to see that I had gained a pound on my last weekly weigh-in because I have been sticking to the plan 100%. Well, today the scale was down 2 pounds. Whether I can maintain this weight through the week , time will tell, but it let's me know that this WOE is working

Don't give up. Stay with it! You're worth it
Old 08-06-2003, 08:22 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Sil ...I'll have to remember that saying LOL!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #8  

Hello everyone!

I am still plugging along here. I am beginning Day 3.

I know when I walk into work, I can get a feeling for what the day is going to be like. When someone is in a bad, mean-spirited mood, I think it can make a whole group of people start to feel miserable as well.

Most of the days are caused by our office manager. She is a real witch. As a matter of fact, her name is Barb and we call her Barbzilla (like Godzilla). Doing that causes the rest of us to get into a good mood.

Have a great BEACH day!

Nikki
Old 08-06-2003, 08:36 AM   #9  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Unhappy TALK ABOUT MOOD SETTING!

Good morning Beacher Babes! Talk about moods,Mine was bleek when I got on line and no inspiring message frm u WINDSONG,began to worry if U were alright..Lurked around and then saw u post elsewhere and knew u were OKThnks!! Im starting ph2 2day ,a little scared to add much to my eating list,,dont want to add bk on any of those hard lost lbs 105 2day,soo,hv to hit the pavement early,wl b bk to post again later........HAPPY BEACHIN DAY 2ALL...........GOFISHIN
Old 08-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Lady, you are SO right! (as usual ) I've been really tired over the last few days, and haven't given a darn WHAT I put in my mouth. It didn't help not having the right foods in the house, either. Yesterday we did a big shop, and now we've got scads of "good" food. Even if I do cheat a little, I'll be cheating with the right foods!

DH has a very sore throat, and I'm so afraid of catching it... I wouldn't be able to see Dad when he goes into the hospital next week. DH has SARS masks in the car that he occasionally uses for work... I'm thinking of making him wear one around the house.

It's REALLY humid. Another big rainstorm last night, huh Ruth? For a brief moment, I wished for snow yesterday.

Hello to everyone!
Sil, how are the renovations going?
Bobo, how's your little love doing?
Den, many congratulations to DH on actually SIGNING that contract for the new job! PHEW!! What a relief, huh?

There's a mouse in my kitchen! What the heck is he doing in here in the SUMMER!?!?
Old 08-06-2003, 08:43 AM   #11  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

2BFIT1,,,U r a card...That saying sends my ars out the door laughing ,that quote goes in my memory bank ...........HAVE A NICE BEACHIN DAY,,U JUST MADE MINE...............GOFISHIN
Old 08-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Gofishin, everytime I see your avatar I think you must be some pudgy little thing... but you're practically GAUNT!! You're doing GREAT, girl!!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Even if I do cheat a little, I'll be cheating with the right foods!
Ellis, how can you be cheating if you are eating the right foods???

My removations are coming along just great. The carpet installers will be here Friday. So that means that tomorrow DH and I need to move out ALL THE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT (will that count as my workout for the day??? ) Then all we need to do is install the baseboard trim. The furniture is set to be delivered next Wednesday. But there is a ceiling fan that I've had my eye on~ the panels look like carved wood leaves.

FINALLY, I will have a clean, dust-free and enjoyable exercise/family room. I'm sure this will improve my exercising

How are your renovations coming along???
Old 08-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

GoFishin~~~Ellis is right. Maybe you should change your avitar to something that reflects the real you. Remember what Lady said about "You are what you think you are"
Old 08-06-2003, 09:06 AM   #15  

Good morning all! What a great surprise to find support not just for my new WOE but for my life in general. I'll try to wear a smile today but it's only day 3 and the headaches are killing me. I want some bread!
Closed Thread