Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 338/338/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default New to Beck Diet Solution

Hi there everyone! I'm relatively new to 3FC and very new to Beck. I am excited about the program and hope that it will work out well for me. Today was my first day, which was both easy and challenging at the same time. The tasks asked of me were easy to execute, but I never really sat back and realized just how much weight affects my life until I made my advantages response card!! I have one for my wallet (double-sided), one set taped to the inside of my Beck binder (I have it on audio book, so I had to print out the workbook section), and (my favorite) I've taken some post-it's and made an advantages wall. I really think looking at this specifically will help to keep me on track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img1278km.jpg (52.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg img1279fc.jpg (38.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg img1282g.jpg (35.2 KB, 13 views)
anmiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome anmiller07.

It's super neat that you've charged forth and have colorful Advantages stuck about. I think the Advantages Board is the best idea ever - lends itself to easy modifications as new ideas arise.

It's just boggling, "realized just how much weight affects my life" - and to think we were silently ignoring all that. It's like we didn't notice that a broken leg was affecting our walking, LOL.

Feel free to join us in the monthly thread. It seems intimidating at first, like everybody has known each other for years and you're the new kid at the school and nobody will say hello. But it's easy to break in; just post your first time. Many folks starting on that thread find it easier to ignore writing personal responses for a while until the different posters begin to emerge as specific people.

Glad you've joined us.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. I just got to the part of the book that starts with the Advantages Cards, I have my list written, but tomorrow I am going buy the cards and will keep them with me at work and at home, I run 3 retail stores so things can get busy, but I am committed to reading them before work and when I get home from work, especially when I get home as that can be a difficult time with my eating.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #4  

Could someone summarize what the Beck Diet is???
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #5  
Super Moderator

Welcome CatholicCajun -

Neat that you're already doing your Advantage Cards twice a day - what a good way to set the tone before the wanna-eat-now kicks in when you get home from a hectic day.

Feel free to join us in the monthly thread, where we post for daily (or often as we post) accountability and ongoing chat. It's easy to break into the group even if it seems like a huge mass of people when you start.

Just seeing your name makes me drool for the superb food I get when I visit folks just north of Lake Pontchartrain. What Parish are you from?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #6  
Super Moderator

Hi Muggles -

The start of each month's thread has a few words about the Beck Diet Solution, including this month,
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – March 2012 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can get a good flavor of the book from my post each day which includes a paragraph.

There's also some good information on Dr. Judith Beck's website
http://www.beckdietsolution.com/

Good luck looking around. Feel free to join us if you're inclined.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #7  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Welcome CatholicCajun -

Neat that you're already doing your Advantage Cards twice a day - what a good way to set the tone before the wanna-eat-now kicks in when you get home from a hectic day.

Feel free to join us in the monthly thread, where we post for daily (or often as we post) accountability and ongoing chat. It's easy to break into the group even if it seems like a huge mass of people when you start.

Just seeing your name makes me drool for the superb food I get when I visit folks just north of Lake Pontchartrain. What Parish are you from?
Thank you so much for the welcome! I am from Lafourche Parish "down th bayou" from New Orleans. If you know where Grand Isle is you have to pass through Galliano to get there.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #8  

Thank you! This sounds like what I have been looking for...CBT works. I don't know why it never occured to me to apply it to my weight loss!
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/163/135

Welcome ! CBT does work really well for weight issues. I have found that changing how I think impacts my mood, my motivation, and my progress with losing weight.
Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote