Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #1  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Default March NSVs

NSV=Non-scale victory

Post your NSVs here for everyone to celebrate! Reading about other people's victories can be really inspiring, and they can also help you realize the NSVs you might be experiencing without even recognizing them.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #2  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Great idea!!!!

I had some great NSV's yesterday during my workout with my trainer!

I can now do 25 man pushups and 30 tricept dips with my legs straight out in front of me When I started I couldn't even do 1 jumping jack, or 1 man pushup
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #3  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Great work, insideme!!

I take a dance class and have always gotten winded during our fast-paced warm up, have to stop, or fake my way through trying to catch my breath. I noticed since being consistent about also going to Zumba that my stamina has really improved. Last night for the first time I breezed through the warm up and could've kept going.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #4  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaugT View Post
Great work, insideme!!

I take a dance class and have always gotten winded during our fast-paced warm up, have to stop, or fake my way through trying to catch my breath. I noticed since being consistent about also going to Zumba that my stamina has really improved. Last night for the first time I breezed through the warm up and could've kept going.
That's awesome! It really doesn't take long for your body to start catching up!! Great work! Keep it up!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMe View Post
I can now do 25 man pushups and 30 tricept dips with my legs straight out in front of me When I started I couldn't even do 1 jumping jack, or 1 man pushup
That is AMAZING and all your work really shows -- those progress pics are really impressive, lady!

My NSV isn't work-out related but I was still pretty happy with myself. Went to my first book club meeting since I started the new diet and stayed completely OP; no wine, no garlic bread, no mini-cheesecakes! I just sipped my tea and enjoyed my friends, without cheating. Big thing for me.
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #6  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRinOttawa View Post
no wine, no garlic bread, no mini-cheesecakes! I just sipped my tea and enjoyed my friends, without cheating. Big thing for me.
Are all book clubs just an excuse for carbs and booze? I'm starting to think they are! Great job avoiding temptation; I don't know if I would have been so strong at my own book club.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #7  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've been walking/jogging two times now and each time I feel a bit better about doing so. I'm not as winded as I thought I would get by adding in the jogging and have found I can do it . I've added this to my Wii Fit Plus days, I've kind of mixed them up switching them back and forth. So, now I have Wii Fit Plus days and walking/jogging days. The other NSV for me is becoming a full fledged member of these forums and finally getting a signature.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #8  
Caroline

Today I am wearing my Minnesota Gophers shirt, which I have not been able to fit into since before Christmas. The sleeves are a little snug, but it fits!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #9  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I have gotten used to exercise again and I actually look forward to it and enjoy myself now. (Sometimes I wish I was doing something else, but hey.)
And I can see that my midsection is slimming down. This is my big trouble spot, so it is very rewarding!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #10  
Caroline

Go Heather! I still don't really look forward to exercise, so that's a huge victory in my book.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #11  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Here's mine for today: today was deli day at the office. I took half a tuna sub and scooped out most of the bread. I indulged in a brownie - but then I went for a brisk 15 minute walk around the office park. (Brisk in two senses - a fast pace, and it was quite chilly and windy. Not particularly pleasant.) So, yay me for not overdoing it and for getting moving after eating.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

Just got back from a 12 day visit with my mother and family back home in Florida. Everyone was so shocked and happy with how I look!

I'm only 15 lbs down from when I last saw them in October but as I get closer to goal each pound lost seems to be more noticeable.

I'm 2 sizes down from October and had a blast going to thrift/consignment shops with mom and buying new (used ), smaller clothes for spring! I have a new wardrobe of clothes in size medium! I can't believe it!

I've never been happier about sticking to plan through rough times or forcing myself to exercise when I really, really didn't want to. It's worth all the sweat and tears 1000x over!

Last edited by Riesz; 03-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #13  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks Caroline!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #14  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
I can now do 25 man pushups and 30 tricept dips with my legs straight out in front of me
I am in awe. I'm trying to work on man pushups since I'm pretty sure I'm joining the air force and need to do these in basic training...my current high is 1 xDDD.

I had a mental NSV the other day. I realized that it doesn't bother me if I eat more one day/night. And I can pick right back up the next meal like it was nothing. I think I'm finally settling into normal eating habits

Yesterday I was able to run 4 miles straight for the first time. I'm happy that my endurance is building up when 2 months ago I was out of breath before the first 1/2 mile.

Great job on all your NSV's....These are amazing
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #15  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW ~ these NSV's are awesome ...

I so agree about lifting weights and doing the toning exercises. I do the weights 2-3 times a week; and the toning every day. I do dancing 2-3 times a week, but sometimes more becuz I enjoy it so much. I'm doing 77+ lady type sit-ups a day now (the kind for people with challenges); and for all my other toning & reflex exercises, I can do so many more in less time (some over 100 -- like tummy tucks, butt squeezes, and chair sit-ups).

This week, I am having to take my pants up for the second time; and I have to sew my dresses in the neck so that they are decent . DH was laughing about them yesterday -- the front scoop goes down below my bra -- seriously.

And, if that isn't enuff -- I learned this past month how to stop the night-time munchies and hunger pangs. I am eating a bigger dinner, and at a later time -- starting it after 6 pm so we eat anytime after 6:30. Last night, we ate at 8 pm and I wasn't so hungry later on. Same for breakfast; having a bit more, but still staying within my calorie goal too.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote