Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default MRC March 2012 Thread

May the luck 'o the scales be with you this month.

Last edited by JenB72; 03-01-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #2  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Broke the Plateau!!!!

Lost 3 pounds and am at 167.3!!!!!!! 3 pounds!!!! before getting on the scale this am, i was praying, please, please, please let me see 169, i've been good, i've been on plan, i've been exercising, PLEASE!!! and surprise, surprise it registered 167.3!!!!!! i even got on the scales twice because i didn't believe it!!!!!
i've been eating more veggies and salads and it worked! sometimes when i get busy, i'll get the protein in but have been neglecting the veggies for lunch alot of times - usually do have a salad w/ lean protein for dinner...
OH, Happy Day!!!! i woke up my DH to tell him and told him i have to go tell my virtual protein buddies!!! because you guys keep me focused and motivated! YAY!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #3  
Motivated Member

One day at a time, one pound at a time but we can all do it. it all adds up! (heard that on tv the other day on some fitness show)
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #4  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Bigdog that is awesome! very congratulations!!

I had to do my hormone test today, wake up and drool in a tube, so no time for breakfast. Ended up putting my greek yogurt in my frappe maker with a half cup of mixed berries and my mixed berry HNS and some ice, and off we go to work...where someone brought fresh bread for the meeting this morning. I think I am getting paranoid but I swear that my job is trying to make this more difficult. Party last week, then popcorn last Friday, yesterday they made a big breakfast and now this. Eyes on the prize though, I woke up and went to get dressed and my bra is too big around. Fingers crossed, I have not looked at a scale this morning but I may go weigh in tonight.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #5  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Lost 3 pounds and am at 167.3!!!!!!! 3 pounds!!!! before getting on the scale this am, i was praying, please, please, please let me see 169, i've been good, i've been on plan, i've been exercising, PLEASE!!! and surprise, surprise it registered 167.3!!!!!! i even got on the scales twice because i didn't believe it!!!!!
i've been eating more veggies and salads and it worked! sometimes when i get busy, i'll get the protein in but have been neglecting the veggies for lunch alot of times - usually do have a salad w/ lean protein for dinner...
OH, Happy Day!!!! i woke up my DH to tell him and told him i have to go tell my virtual protein buddies!!! because you guys keep me focused and motivated! YAY!
That is awesome...Hooray for you!! It feels good, doesn't it? LOL I never thought I would see the 160's...or the 150's!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Lost 3 pounds and am at 167.3!!!!!!!
That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Way to go Bigdog! That's awesome.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Galadreal - good luck with the weigh in. Clothes that are too large is definately a good sign.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #9  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
Galadreal - good luck with the weigh in. Clothes that are too large is definately a good sign.

Thanks, I really can't judge by my pants and shirts (baggy t-shirts) I only have the one pair of jeans that i wear every day and they get looser as the week goes by...I refuse to buy more pants in a size 18!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

BigDog - Congratulations! Excited for you!

Galadreal - Congratulations! Baggy clothes are a great sign! You're right - eyes on the prize. I work around a TON of take-out and donuts... I'm the only lady and the guys here LOVE their sweets and fried foods!

Camaswa - I tried to post on the February thread, but it was closed... but I wanted to tell you that I hear you about the sizes. You're right about jeans being a nightmare to fit! I try to only buy a few pairs in each size and then their in great condition when I move down. But, they fit soooo differently! I agree about the bootcut jeans and the "curvy" fit. I went to Maurices recently for their jean sale. Found some size 12s that fit, in the curvy... but the skinny fit? Forgedddaabboutit. I looked like a stuffed sausage... muffin top and all and I wanted to cry also... but, you know what? I looked at the triumphs I have had the past few months... I no longer have to travel to the plus size area to shop, I am so much more outgoing and happy, my kids were bragging to their friends about all the activities I get to do with them, my girls seem to have more confidence about their bodies (I'm working on the positive self-talk)... these aren't measured by a number on a scale... or in the back of your jeans... they are who you are and what you are becomming on this journey... and THAT'S pretty great!

I want to do some pretty summer and spring clothes once I reach my goal weight, but I'm scared to buy too much!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #11  

BigDog...
So happy for you... It is a wonderful feeling when you hit it as it feels so good.

Patzi
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #12  

Just weighed in, TTOM is supposed to start tomorrow, and I still lost a pound! Totally shocked!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post
my girls seem to have more confidence about their bodies (I'm working on the positive self-talk)... these aren't measured by a number on a scale... or in the back of your jeans... they are who you are and what you are becomming on this journey... and THAT'S pretty great!
AWESOME ADVICE!!!!!!! Well said!!!!

Last edited by JenB72; 03-01-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #13  

Jen & Bigdog...you guys are awesome. So happy for you, you are both sooooo close. Stay focused. Stay OP. Stay awesome Big smile on my face for you.

re: the jeans discussion...I hadn't thought of Maurices...they do have a large selection of lots of brands of jeans at different prices. I never have luck finding GAP jeans, but I'm borrowing a bunch of my friends clothes and her GAP jeans and dress pants fit me awesome. But I go in to try and find my own and I can't find any. I need a shopping assistant. I'm short but petites don't work, only "shorts", there's a difference...so I end up getting lots altered. I still need khaki's, dress pants, and some nice capris once it gets warm.

Holding at 155. TTOM started today so over the next week is when I tend to drop weight. Hoping 2-3 more weeks and I'll hit goal. But I do feel good here...and yesterday I was just ready to EAT (and eat and eat). I didn't, besides an extra turkey meatloaf muffin.

Has anyone made Kale chips? I think I'm going to try them tonight...
Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

Ugh the saliva test. That was nasty! I was tempted to let my dogs drool in it just to see what it would register. Lol. Especially my big boy GSD. They would have been like...wow u have a lot of testerone! Haha. Of course they told me I needed tons of supplements and hormone creams. I told them I would discuss w my doc and I couldnt take pills. She looked at it and said it was normalq
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #15  
Motivated Member

Thanks guys! Now I have to keep it in the 160s! I've gotten here before 3 years ago and gained it back and more but this time I'm keeping it off

I told my sister who is doing WW and who has lost 40 lbs that we have to keep each other from regaining. We seem to do this over and over. We email each other what we have lost every couple weeks. She lives a few states away...

Good luck everyone
Closed Thread