Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default 10.5 lbs in 6 days is that normal?

ok so i regained alot of weight and scince last thursday ive been counting calories (1630 daily was the myfitness pal recomendation ive been following ) and while im thrilled to have lost that much im wondering is this normal? and maintainable? im full but i wonder should i eat more?

is this going to slow down? will there be weeks i wont loose any at all and then weeks i loose a whole bunch?

Last edited by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY; 03-07-2012 at 06:39 PM.
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

also ive not been working out .... should i be ? if im loosing weight without working out should i save working out for when im stuck ?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post

is this going to slow down? will there be weeks i wont loose any at all and then weeks i loose a whole bunch?
Yes. You have figured it out.
Diet and exercise together will be an effective way to lose weight .

Last edited by bargoo; 03-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #4  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

That happened to me after a week off. I weighed in at 250 after a vacation. A week later, I was back down to 239. I peed like a racehorse that week.

Then, during February. . .slow slow slow. Then four pounds in three days. Sometimes it just starts and stops like that. I have to remind myself that it's not going to be that fast all the time. If you've just started back up, you very well might lose that much that quickly. It won't last.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Did you 'just' begin dieting? When I first started, I lost 7 lbs in the first weekend. That was the biggest loss and have only lost 1.5 - 3 lbs a week since. So, yes, be prepared for it to slow down a bit, but stick to your plan and you'll continue seeing good results
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

If this is your first week, a big loss is pretty common. A lot of it is probably water weight.
Like others have said, you'll have good weeks on the scale and not so good weeks. If I have a bigger loss (4+ pounds) one week, then the next couple of weeks are usually smaller (half a pound or so).
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #7  
threenorns

this is the typical cycle for a female:

week 1: lose a crapload
week 2: lose a lot
week 3: lose some
week 4: don't lose any or even gain some (usually this'll be around "that" time)
week 5: lose a crapload

repeat.

if you find that you're no longer getting the big dips or that your weight loss has plateaued for 3wks in a row or more, then it's a sign you need to shake things up. contrary to what logic says, you need to eat MORE - not less! - because your metabolism has slowed down. eat more, move more, and in 2wks or so, your weight loss should resume.

once you're losing weight again, you can try a fancy cycling technique: every day, alternate 1800cals with 1400 cals. this'll give you the overall recommended 1600 daily average but the days you eat 1800, your metabolism will be stimulated higher so the days you eat 1400 are more effective for calorie burning.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
this is the typical cycle for a female:

week 1: lose a crapload
week 2: lose a lot
week 3: lose some
week 4: don't lose any or even gain some (usually this'll be around "that" time)
week 5: lose a crapload
Mines more like
Week 1) Drop rest of TOM water weight
Week 2) Bye Bye 1-3 additional pounds =D
Week 3) Ok I think I can do this...YESSS 1 more pound gone
Week 4) *throws scale out window
Week 5) Makes up with the scale as the numbers go back down

Losing that amount is common when first starting out, or even if you have a high starting weight. Your calorie intake seems good but like others have said, you will slow down and even stall at some point All normal. Most important thing is not to let yourself get discouraged and fall back into old habits. If you stay committed to this new healthy lifestyle the weight will come off
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #9  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

thank you for all your input im a little more at ease .... i have an idea of what to expect ...

i gained 40 lbs back and i was shocked to see the first 10 lbs of it come off so easily but that makes sense that it would slow down from there ....

i just began watching my calories again ..... yes (alitory)

lol @ your summary of the month threenorns .... and yes calorie cycling does make alot of sense .... when i hit a plateau i will try it thank you for the advice !

baker23 .... thanks for the encouragement .... your weight loss is very motivational ! congrats !!

thank you ladies !!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Yes. Threnoms and Baker are on the mark.

Baker...your weight loss is amazing! What are you doing? Congrats!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #11  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
Mines more like
Week 1) Drop rest of TOM water weight
Week 2) Bye Bye 1-3 additional pounds =D
Week 3) Ok I think I can do this...YESSS 1 more pound gone
Week 4) *throws scale out window
Week 5) Makes up with the scale as the numbers go back down
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

OMG, that was so funny threenorns & baker!

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY -- yes, that's not the usual ALL the time, but not uncommon at the start since you are also losing water bloat. Tracking food usually comes with better sodium as people drop the processed foods and whoosh! All the water retention from sodium goes away.

Just try to relax and take some notes. In time you will know what YOUR normal flux -- from eating, bathroom, period, sodium, etc.

I know my normal is to bloat up and when the WHOOSH! of 3-5 lbs off happens? I'm getting my period within 24hrs. It's not real fat loss.

I also know if I had unexplained "gain" to check the sodium in my food log lately. That's usually why, usually on the weekend from dining out, so a smaller whoosh will happen when that's back in check. It's not real fat gain.

Scales are good tools, but just tools that just show changes in weight. It can't tell me I stuffed my pockets full of rocks and that's why I weigh more. It can't tell I just used the bathroom and that's why I weigh less.

Keep your sense of humor, keep the scale as just a tool and not your mood meter, and you will be fine.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #13  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Baker...your weight loss is amazing! What are you doing? Congrats!
Awww thank you Right now I'm calorie counting and trying to stay around 1800 although some days I go above 2000. I excerise 6 days a week which includes running 2-3 miles a day, and mixing up other equipment Only loosing an average of 4 pounds a month but I am NOT willing to lower my calories xDD I know i'll have to drop them in another 10 pounds or so when I hit another stall but for now...nope

Last edited by baker23; 03-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #14  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

I've lost 8.4 in 3 days ... of course after going up almost 12 due to TTOM.
When you lose weight that fast is water most of it, is not bad at all ... but that is not gonna happend every week (i wish, not the going up but the goinf down hahaha).

But hang in there, with that response looks that you're doing fine.
Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote