Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #1  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Question No maternity leave?

Has anyone here gone back to work right after giving birth?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Most employers won't let you come back until you have been released by your doctor and that is usually at least 4 weeks after delivery.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I didn't have maternity leave,and I was the only one bringing money into the home.That being said,my Dr. gave me the ok to go back to work at 4 weeks post partum....no sooner and she really wanted me to wait at least 6 weeks.I was lucky enough to have 2 weeks paid vacation I hadn't used,so I was able to use that and only had to worry about one paycheck.

I personally don't know of anyone who went back to work immediately,but maybe others have some stories? I know for me,I needed that time to heal.Every time I started to do to much to soon,my body reminded me I needed to slow it down....so depending on what you do at work,you might be given the ok to go back early,for say,an office job or something where you sit mostly.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

My last delivery was about as easy as one could expect. I gave birth around 3:45pm and was released from the hospital the next day at 5:30pm. I was driving within two days as I had to take my son to preschool and was back to all my normal activities albeit a little lighter and slower. The thing that held me back a little is the uterine cramps which were especially bad when breastfeeding/pumping.

As easy as I had it physically, mentally I was still a basket case. Forgetful, emotional, weepy, and just freaking stressed! I went back at 6 1/2 weeks and that was rough. I don't know your situation but try to take some time because I think you'll find you really need it. This is all best case scenario anyway, if you have to have a C section there is an absolute need for recovery time.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

My friend was in a situation where she was the only breadwinner in her family and had no paid maternity leave from work so she went back only a few days postpartum. I'm sure that this was against doctor's advice.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #6  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I know of a coworker who came back to work after 5 days. We're not allowed to go back to work without a Dr. release form. So she must of been health enough to get one so early. I didn't know her well enough to ask personal questions.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

My aunt went back to work after one week. My uncle had brain cancer and she had to support the family. She said it was the worst time in her life, though. I can't imagine how rough that would be.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

when my older son was born, i was the only breadwinner for me and my DH...he wasnt working due to some mental health problems at the time...we were both very young, 20 when our son was born...my son was born on a wednesday, he was overdue by 2 weeks...on the prior day, tuesday, i worked a full day managing a weekly newspaper, got our publication off to the printing presses, cleaned our apartment, and then went to the hospital to have labor induced...and yes, i WAS managing a newspaper at age 20 because my actual editor was in rehab for cocaine use

i was off work for the rest of that week and returned to "part time" work the next monday....however there was so MUCH work to do that i gave up the "part time" work sometime that week and just did full time work to get it all done...my DH stayed home with our son since he wasnt working

with my younger son, i chose to save up annual leave and took about 6 weeks off work (managing a childcare program at the time)...i stayed home for about 5 weeks and then traveled with both my boys to visit my family for a week...

however i didnt have any complications after birth and was driving, going to the stores, etc as soon as i was out of the hospital both time
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I really really wouldn't recommend it. There is so much you can't plan for. I ended up having to quit my job right after my son was born. I needed a blood transfusion, they kept us in the hospital for days, and it just took me forever to recover. I couldn't keep up.

When my daughter was born, 4 years later, I was working full time. Her delivery was uncomplicated so I went back part time after a few weeks. It was really hard. Emotionally, I was a wreck... I should have taken more time.

I know there are people who can do it... but your body needs time to reover, in more ways than one!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #10  

My mom had to do this but honestly if there is ANY OTHER WAY I would do it. I just can't imagine handing my newborn over to another care-giver at such a young/vulnerable age. I would honestly go into debt or move-in with family or whatever I had to do not to leave my baby for at least a couple of months but that might just be me. I just can't imagine doing it. Physically I would be fine...emotionally...I would be a wreck! Although if you only worked a couple of hours a day a few times a week...it would be better...still hard though because of the lack of sleep...
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I don't plan to, and the paperwork for a 6 week unpaid maternity leave is actually right here in front of me. But...I could literally have a baby in a few weeks and there is NOBODY to cover for me yet. They're dragging their feet on figuring out a plan. So they may ask me to come back early.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

If your employer has 50 or more employees and if you've worked for them for at least a year, you don't have to go back for 12 weeks -- even if they ask you. And your job will be protected.

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/fmla.htm

Just putting the information out there. I know every situation and employer is different but I want everyone to be aware of their rights.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote