Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Default New to Atkins

I have been on a diet for the past 20 years. My weight has gone up and down so much I can not keep it straight. I have so many different sizes of clothes in my closet, I am wary of throwing anything out. I have been on every diet advertised and I have taken diet pills (over the counter and prescription). I have been successful some but I tend to always give up. I believe I have no will power.

I love food. I love the way it smells, taste and texture. I reward myself with food (thanks mom) I know it is wrong I just cant stop. I am really trying this time. I am so sick of being overweight. I know I will never be skinny and abtastic but I would be happy looking and feeling better.

I have done weight watchers for the past 9 weeks and I have lost 10 pounds. But here is how it went. I first gained 2 pounds, the gained .8 pounds, then I lost 6 pounds, then I gained 2, then I lost 4 pounds, then I lost 2 pounds. The only way I lost was starving myself. The points did not work. I do not know why I followed the plan.

So that is when I decided I am a person you can not eat carbs, that is what sabotages me every time. I also can not eat nuts. I guess it is the way my body handles things.

So today is day 3 of induction. I weighed yesterday and I will way again next week. I did slip up the first day and ate a carrott, I thought they were on the list then when I was reading on the internet I realized how wrong I was. I assume it was better that I ate one carrott and not a snickers bar. Then yesterday I have to have some diet soda. It was about 3 yesterday afternoon and I felt as if I was going to pass out. So I new I needed something and a diet mt dew was all I had left in my work fridge. I gave away all the other food I kept here and I had already had my snack.

So I would love to have any advice or support that anyone has to offer.

Thanks!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Welcome!

I treat myself to diet soda once in awhile too, it's not the end of the world if you have some. I also have a coffee a day.

And you are right, at least that carrot wasn't a snickers bar! I steamed up a frozen veggie mix that had carrots in it last night as well, I didn't feel like picking them out and my weight wasn't affected negatively.

My suggestion is to log everythign you eat, weigh your food too. Also come join our Easter Challenge thread, there is still over a month left and you can set a small goal for yourself. We motivate and support each other to hit our goals
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Ditto everything that Steph said.. and welcome
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I also have a diet soda once in a while and a cup sometimes two if its that kind of day of coffee too no cream or wanna be sugar or real sugar for that matter. And a carrot is not going to kill the whole point of induction. I messed up my first day and was still in ketosis by day two. I was at 30 carbs (to many veggies). Dont stress so much that is what makes diets suck so bad. Buy foods that are on the approved list and make some advanced stuff that will help with not grabbing the wrong things. I personally have read just about all the atkins material I can, some say just to read the 2002 new diet revolution, I feel its really up to you exactly which one you want to read I think the newest atkins (the website) is a lot different than dr atkins intended but again up to you. Either way educate your self on it that way it will be much much easier! Good luck!!!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/310/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi!

I'm new too. I started on March 2. So today is my day 3. I have had the same dieting experience that you stated. I am currently enrolled in WW, but I need to cancel. It was not working for me. I think because It allowed you to eat what you want in moderation, I was choosing carbs and I am a person who just can not eat carbs (Or Should not)

So I'm here too! Welcome!
JP Maidstone is offline   Reply With Quote