S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Kid Chat: Week of Aug. 3rd

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!
Old 08-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

hi guys,

alex rolled over again tonight!! yeah!! i have been trying to work on his scrapbook this weekend. it's not easy when he only wants me. i have gotten as far as day 2!! i also got him a bunch of new books. we will have to read to him every night now.

the poor dog is sick again. they think it's arthritis but i'm not sure (they didn't do xrays). she has trouble walking on the hardwood floors, she is falling a lot, she's dragging her toes and she is having a hard time coming down the steps. i am taking her back to the vet tomorrow. i'm going to ask them to do xrays this time.

hope everyone has had a great day!
Old 08-03-2003, 10:09 PM   #3  
LBH

Karen, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but when Niki started to get bad with her arthitis, I got her on Rimadyl...it is a miracle drug, she was like a puppy on it! She did really good on it until she really started getting worse, like she couldn't get up. I highly recommend it, if that's what the problem is...arthritis or displaysia.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:54 PM   #4  

hi guys,

well, things aren't the greatest for the dog. she is having a few neuro symptoms so she probably has spinal degeneration along with arthritis. the vet says there's no need for xrays unless we consider surgery. which would do nothing for the degeneration and she's 10 yo. we are going to try the other arthritis med (not rimadyl) i can't think of the name. but it costs $53 for 20 pills. if that doesn't work steroids are our last option and she has a history of kidney problems. ugh!!

alex is being so cute...he is playing w/his nursing necklace while he eats.

hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:29 AM   #5  
LBH

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope that medication helps her out a bit. I guess it's stronger than the Rimadyl, because I don't think it was that expensive! The things we do for our pets...
Old 08-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #6  

hi guys,

alex is ready for size 2 diapers!! he weighs at least 13 pds now. done weighing just me and then us. he's growing up so fast!! i'vve gotten up to mother's day in his scrapbook. seeing the little pictures made me realize how much he is growing!!

Lauren: how long did it take for the meds to help your dog. i started the deramax today but i didn't see any improvement.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:45 PM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--Sorry to hear about your dog..I love my pets and hate to see them hurting..Wow..Alex is getting soo big!! We are still in the size 2 diapers...I am still a Huggies Supreme believer!!Of course, since daycare changes diapers every hour, I send the cheaper White Cloud from Walmart...I cant believe the Toots is almost 8 months old!!!!

Lauren--How are things???

Off to bed!! Kaylee has been keeping me up and with my job, I am pooped!!!!
RR
Old 08-06-2003, 06:09 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi Guys,

Karen, I don't remember how long it took, but I believe it probably was withing a few doses, maybe a couple days. WooHoo on the size 2's!!

Peter's in size 3 Pampers Cruisers. Would be size 4 if I used Huggies Ultratrim like we used to. I love the way the Pampers Cruisers stretch. I think within the next month or so he'll probably be moving up to 4's anyway though.

I think I have thrush. Latch on really hurts and it's like a stinging, painful feeling on and off. Once he gets going it usually doesn't hurt as much, but it's still uncomfortable. I made two consultation appts. yesterday. One is this Friday with some midwives, the other is on the 19th with on OB/GYN. I'm going to call my current MW, the one I don't like today though, because it's been going on for a few days now, and I think it's getting worse. There's no visual difference, but the internal pain is enough. I don't see anything in Peter's mouth either, so I don't know. One of the girls on another board said she had it and didn't have any visual signs, except the white spots in her baby's mouth.

Peter slept an hour all day yesterday, then conked out at about 6:45 last night. Woke up at 11 something, 1 and 5...thought he was up for good, but he fell back to sleep around 5:45...hopefully til at least 7!!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #9  

hi guys,

nothing much going on around here today. i need to go to the grocery store but i so don't want to. we are pampers people all the way over here. i tried huggies a couple of times but they always leaked poops.

i'm still waiting for the meds to help the dog. she does not look better to me. i hope they kick in soon. dh is leaving for his two week duty on sunday. i don't want to have to make any yucky decisions while he is gone.

hope everyone is having a good day.

oh, lauren, did you get my pm last week?

Last edited by KarenK; 08-06-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:32 PM   #10  
LBH

Hey Karen, yes i did, I totally forgot to respond!! Thanks for the info on pop ups...I searched, but didn't have time to download anything yet.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:50 PM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

hey.....trying to type with priss banging the keys!!!!!
How are things!???
SHe was sick last night with the runny nosse and cough and kept mom awake!! I am a walking zombie lately!!!
WEll..just a quick heloo!!!!
RR
Closed Thread