General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/155/135

Height: 5'7

Default "The Simple Lifestyle Change (Diet)"

I work at a very sedentary office job. I am gaining weight and loosing energy. I am trying to lose 20 lbs but also make a lifestyle change that incorporates healthy eating and exercize.

I am trying to come up with my own diet plan. I like idea of "The Simple Diet" I just need some input on what things I need to consider. I have never really been on a diet and for many years was blessed with a speedy metabolism. I am no longer a teenager and as the years go by my weight is rising and my overall health isn't great. I have no energy throught the day without caffiene and my sleep schedule is disastrous. I need a plan that will be effective in loosing weight but also help with my mood and energy level.

Heres what I am considering so far... any critisism is appreciated as I am completely clueless

Breakfast: Protein Shake
Snack: 1 fruit
Food Based Multivitamin, Fish Oil

Lunch: Lean Cusine/Smart Ones
Snack: Chobani or a snack bar

Dinner: Lean Cusine/Smart Ones, steamed veggies with white rice
Snack: Celery Peanut butter

Drinking 8 glasses of water/green tea/gatorade g2

Cardio: atleast 3x a week for 30 mins

I am getting hungry just looking at this list and I know it wont suppress my appetite. I also realize its crazy to think I can live the rest of my life on frozen dinners. They are just so easy for me and they beat getting take out with my co workers. What are some easy to prepare meals that are low calorie but filling? What snacks have you found to be helpful in curbing cravings?

Thanks so much, I have been looking around this forum for a while and finally think its time to become active. The more I talk about my goals the more likely I am to achieve them

Last edited by TaraTM; 02-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.
TaraTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #2  
Marathon Bound!

S/C/G: 175/not sure/140

Height: 5'5"

I think doubling up the the lean cuisines/smart ones is too much because those things are loaded with sodium(=water weight). Maybe swap one with a homemade dinner. And only drink Gatorade the days you work out, too much electrolytes is not good (learned that in chemistry)!
bellydance is offline   Reply With Quote