Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #1  

Smile La Lite Substitutes

Hello all. I am on the red plan and have substituted the LA lite bars with Kashi go lean bars. They have about the same nutrtional value as the lites. I am currently eating one a day because I did not want to overdo it. Does anyone know if I should eat 2 a day or stick with one?
stacey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

What are the comparisons regarding calories, fat, protein and sodium?

I've been using the South Beach cereal bars. They are similar in most counts, but have even more protein.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

stacey, I eat two a day, even of the substitute. I've used the Kashi bars, at least the ones that are close in calories and protein. Luna bars are reported to be the closest to the actual LAWL bars in nutrition, but I use zone bars or south beach bars or various other bars, as long as it is close (160-180 calories and at least 8 grams of protein, but more is better). After over two years, I felt I needed some variety. Although I have had times where I ate no bars (also known as the time I gained a fair amount of weight)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #4  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I found the kashi bars to have to little protein, I'll have to check when I run to the grocery store. Do you have the nutritional info?
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

Why are the bars so important? Also, are FiberOne bars any good? I know they taste great but I don't know if they would work as a substitute.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #6  
Ani

I've been using the Atkins Advantage protein bars. Has anyone made the comparisons on these. I thought they were pretty comparable.
Ani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Bars are not real important. You can bump yourself up to the next plan if you do not want to do lites, bc you do need the extra protein.

A few years ago, I was doing Gold with lites. I ran into issues while breastfeeding my son with the soy protein, lactose intolerance that I refused the lites while I was feeding him. They just bumped me to the serving sizes for the purple plan...no lites...and my weight fell off.
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/189/145

Height: 5'7"

I am just starting in this plan again, I did it in 2005 with good results, I like the bars because I am a junk food-a-holic and it takes the urge to cheat away. I too am trying to find different bars that I can substitute and still enjoy the taste.
ebbynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Here are the nutritionals on two flavors of lites from a very old post. Just find something comparable. I like Luna Bars and Special K Meal (not snack) bars. Pay particular attention to the protein. A lot of bars have the other stuff, but they are lacking in the protein.

LA Lite Bars (Cookie Dough / PB)
190 -180 Calories
40 - 35 Fat Calories
4.5 - 4 g Fat
30 - 30 g of Carbs
<1 - 3 g Fiber
8 - 8 g protein
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Some ideas for low sugar/high protein bars that I've discovered lately are Oh Yeah bars (sooooo good!) and Quest (has whey protein instead soy).
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/189/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the info, I found the South Beach Whipped Peanut Butter snack bars, they are to die for!
ebbynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8

The CARB RITE bars have almost ALL the flavors of the LA Lites and they taste better IMHO, the nut'l stats are almost identical and they are WAY cheaper.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

I just ordered from a company called Grab1 Bars. I found the link when I was searching for LAWL bars online. The Grab1 site said their bars will substitute for LAWL and Medifast. I refuse to give the new LAWL my business because of their previous business practices, and because even the autoship lites are too darn expensive. The Grab1 bars are about half the price of lites and have comparable flavors, protein and fat counts. I have not received them yet, so I will update on this site when I have given them a taste test. I also ordered some lites from ebay, so I will have something to compare them to.

I loved the LAWL plan and am keen on trying it again. I have to have the lites to make it work.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #14  

I just got my order of Grab1 bars and tried one. I bought the Caramel Deluxe flavor, which is similar to the Medifast maintenance bars. It is a little bit more chewy than the Medifast variety. They have a Caramel Crunch flavor that I may try, to have something to directly compare with the LAWL bars.

I think these might make a good breakfast bar, since they're chewy and take a bit of time to eat. The LAWL Caramel Crunch bars will probably be the ones I use for an after-dinner treat.

I'll try these for a few days on the plan, and if I can still stand them, I will recommend them then.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #15  

I received my LAWL Caramel Crunch bars yesterday and was a bit disappointed. They are really flat and a lot chewier than I remembered from when I went to a center. They are fresh, so I don't think staleness is the problem. I had a similar experience with the new shakes in the can. They are really watery and sickenlingly sweet. I loved the ones that came in the waxed cardboard cartons back in the "olden days."

I think I will try another variety of the Grab1 bars, since they are a lot cheaper. I have a pretty long posting history, so you can rest assured that I am not a shill.