Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Introduction and new to The New Sonoma Diet

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to this site and to The New Sonoma Diet. I will begin my Wave 1 on Saturday. I'm taking this week to stock my pantry, plan my 10 day menu and snacks. I've tried other diets and failed due to lack of prep and feeling deprived. This time I researched current diets and found this one. I'm very excited to start this journey and feel that it's the right one for me.
SLB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

This is a great plan. Even when I fall off the wagon, I still refer to this plan because it's so good!
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #3  

I'm really excited about starting this plan and a little nervous (I must admit).
Old 02-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #4  

Hey SLB3

All the best
Let me know your experience
livehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello! I hesitate to sign in again as I fall off and on the sonoma diet! However, my weight seems to stay the same and I know this is much more healthy than how I WANT to eat. So! I started again today and will be checking in to see how everyone is doing. I do want to drop at least 5 pounds before summer and keep it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any recipes would be appreciated.
Thanks!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #6  

livehealthy I really like this eating plan. I'm currently on day 6 of Wave 1 and for the most part doing pretty good. However, yesterday I didn't stick to my menu because I spent most of the day in the ER with my oldest son. I think that would throw anyone off. Today is a new a new day and it was very easy for me to get back on track. Which I really liked that because usually once I fall off the wagon I would quit so that is a big plus for me with this diet.

How is your diet/eating plan going?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #7  

Ping I'm glad you decide to sign back on. Yay for you! My biggest obstacle at this time is the urge to snack when I'm not really hungry. I'm bad for snacking on the wrong things. So what I'm doing is when the urge hits I make some herbal tea or drink some water. That usually does the trick if not then I will get a Wave approved snack. Another obstacle is When I have a sandwich I usually had chips or fries with it and now it's a salad or fruit. I have to retrain my thinking of food combinations. You mentioned wanting recipes. There is a thread that had some posted on this forum. Do you have the new book or cookbook? I get most of my meals from there for now. If you don't let me know and I'll post some of the ones I've tried.

Keep me posted on how you are doing and I'm sure you will lose the 5 lbs before summer get here.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #8  

I have begun Wave 2 (last week sometime) and I'm doing alright. I didn't make the switch as smoothly as I liked resulting in a +2 lb gain . I did get alittle off track at first but I'm back on track. With Wave 2 I need to pay closer attention to my portion size and what foods are in Tier 2 and 3. With my busy schedule (3 kids and 3 different schools) I need to make sure I have my menus planned ahead of time. If I don't then I end up fixing something quick and fattening (cheesy & creamy). However, I did make a great dish that was quick and within the Sonoma plan off the top of my head, Yay for me! Here's what I did: Sauted Shrimp in Olive Oil and 2 chopped cloves of Garlic, and Fresh ground Black Pepper. Saute until shrimp was cooked then I added Chopped Tomatoes and a couple of handfuls of Spinach roughly chopped. Saute just until the Spinach is wilted a little. Serve over Whole Grain Pasta (I used Rotini). This was very quick and simple to make and my kids (and husband) liked it they went back for 2nds.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #9  

Forgot to ask how everyone else is doing with their plan?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/148/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello! I am also about to start Wave 1. I am eager to get going, too, but face a serious obstacle at home - I recently married a chef! I've really been struggling not to gain more weight, since my hubby is 6'5" and weighs less than 150 pounds. The guy can eat anything. Sigh. I'm hoping having some online "buddies" struggling through will be the motivation I need.
AccountAholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #11  

Welcome! My husband isn't a chef but is like your's he can eat anything! My oldest son is the same way. I however, can not. Are you doing the New Sonoma Diet or the original? I really do like this eating plan because of the variety of food you can have and you don't have to worry about counting calories and fat. Keep me posted on how you're doing. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #12  

SLB3 - I'm doing the original Sonoma Diet, since I have that book and the additional recipes cookbook. I started today - sugar deprivation headache! My gosh, how much sugar was I eating?

How are you doing so far? You're a few weeks in, right?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #13  

AccountAholic - Congratulations on starting! I didn't get the headaches I got very lighheaded from the sugar withdrawal and refined flour (I think). The second day I felt a little better. I still get lightheaded if I have any refined flour so I try really hard to avoid it completely.

Yes, I'm a couple of weeks in but I haven't been doing all that great because I've been sick (viruses going around) and a medical situation has come up with one of my kids so I've been thrown off track. I do weigh myself a couple times a week just to see where I'm at and so far I have either stayed the same or maybe gained 2 pounds. It could be worse right? Now that things are starting to settle down this week and I feel better and I plan on getting back on track. My biggest obstacle right now is not taking the time to plan my meals in advance. I really need to make that a priorty.

How are you doing so far? I have the new cookbook. Does your book have the recipe for the Portabello, Mozzarella, and Pesto Panini? If it does you should really try it, it's one of my favorite sandwiches. I don't have a panini press so I just used a cast iron skillet to weigh it down.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #14  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Ladies: if you get light headed eat more good fat and more protein (such as almonds, chickpeas and oil or lentils). Just mean your blood sugar is responding from the deprivation (espicially in wave 1) kinda like a hypoglycemic person would react to no protein and fat.

The portion on the book are base for an inactive overweight person. you might have ot adjust if you are active or if you are not ''obese'' (hate that word). for example I have only 23% body fat but I am 30 pounds over my BMI. When I go bakc on sonoma (like right now) I eat a lot more than what the book suggest becaus eI am extremely active (about 1-2 hours of exercise everyday)

Welcome, Sonoma works, you wont regret it you might jsut need a little time to adjust.

As for gaining and loosing, do yourself a favour and ditch the scale. The plan works you dont need the scale to tell you, your clothes will. the scale will jsut depress you because when you lose weight, tis normal to plateau and its normal to gain sometimes. By using the scale you are going to play with your emotions on how youfeel about this pounds... when you finally ditch it (l weigh myself once a month thats it) you realize that it doesnt matter a pound or 2 its the way your body feels and changes that is the reward. Try it for a month at least... jsut dont weigh yourself, follow the plan. Success is not in pounds but in the way you feel

Last edited by Zofia; 02-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #15  

SLB3 - There is a panini recipe in my book, but I didn't think of using a skillet! Great idea, I'll try that after my next grocery run. I hope everything has settled down around your homestead.

Zofia - You may have been right about the protein. I tried your suggestion to bump up my protein intake, and had a few almonds as well. Thanks so much for the info. I feel great today! No headache, energetic, positive.

This forum is such a help so far.