Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/23/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #2  

Good Morning.
It looks like I am the first one, today. There is a reason for this: I was unable to sleep because I felt I needed to make a decision about IP. Got up about 30 minutes ago with the decision to do it on my own. So be prepared to see lots of questions from me in the near future. I already have an IP folder on my desktop where I store all the great info I find on here. I have about 2 weeks worth of products left and since I do mostly RDT shakes, I don't anticipate too much of a problem.
Wishing all of you a great OP day
Old 02-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning all! I hope we all have a wonderful day. I plan on giving it my best shot. I have been reading many of the threads on here and find them very helpful. It has been well over a year since I was on plan so it helps to read in order to refresh my memory. Thank you all for the encouragement!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #4  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!! WI # 2 yesterday for me, down another 2.4 for a total of 12.6 in just two weeks!! Not bad

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning everyone!! WI # 2 yesterday for me, down another 2.4 for a total of 12.6 in just two weeks!! Not bad

Great job!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

It's almost Friday! Woot!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
It's almost Friday! Woot!
I second that!!

Wow... I can't believe I am working in a daycare. Its not too bad actually. The babies are easiest to take care of, because as long as they get a bottle, food, and a clean diaper they are good to go. The toddlers on the other hand... I'm surprised the lead teacher hasn't gone crazy! She has to watch 20 toddlers.

I like it though. I leave at the end of the day feeling like I accomplished something. I never felt that before at any of my jobs.

However, I need to recommit myself to IP. I'm falling back into my old habits with my new job as an excuse. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. So, today is a new day 1.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I second that!!

Wow... I can't believe I am working in a daycare. Its not too bad actually. The babies are easiest to take care of, because as long as they get a bottle, food, and a clean diaper they are good to go. The toddlers on the other hand... I'm surprised the lead teacher hasn't gone crazy! She has to watch 20 toddlers.

I like it though. I leave at the end of the day feeling like I accomplished something. I never felt that before at any of my jobs.

However, I need to recommit myself to IP. I'm falling back into my old habits with my new job as an excuse. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. So, today is a new day 1.
Bless you.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone. I am starting to feel really good. Been having some energy that I haven't had in a long time. Feels pretty good. My husband is pleased the house is becoming spotless again. I have been staying OP, Today I have to clean out our camper, the church is going to use it for the tent revival this coming weekend. (Security) Hope everyone has a good day today, God Bless

WI#1 -4.2, WI#2 -3.0

for every 5lbs lost
Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #10  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone, hope you have a great day! All you can do is one day at a time. If today wasn't good start fresh tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiipa View Post
Good Morning.
It looks like I am the first one, today. There is a reason for this: I was unable to sleep because I felt I needed to make a decision about IP. Got up about 30 minutes ago with the decision to do it on my own. So be prepared to see lots of questions from me in the near future. I already have an IP folder on my desktop where I store all the great info I find on here. I have about 2 weeks worth of products left and since I do mostly RDT shakes, I don't anticipate too much of a problem.
Wishing all of you a great OP day
GL to you!! I have totally been there and glad you were able to make a decision you are comfortable with! I will say I was able to enjoy IP more when I wasn't worried about the cost as much and didn't feel guilty opening a packet. Definitely read all the way through the alternative products thread, there is tons of good information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post

WTG!!!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I second that!!

That's awesome you're enjoying your new job. I take my son to the local daycare (they have a drop in service) one morning a week for 2-3 hours and I can't believe how well those teachers have it all together. It's amazing.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #12  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Testing to see if the ticker worked....I am so excited

Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

Congrats to all those yesterday with SVs and NSVs!! Oh, and I'm glad that my Dave Ramsey / debt analogy made sense to some of you. It was one of those things that sounded great in my head, but was awkward when I was trying to type it out. I haven't been having any computer time in the afternoons / evenings because hubby is finishing up his semester of college classes and has been on it working. I do read everything the next morning though to get caught up!!

Busy day for me today. That's why I love the IP program. I have everything all dished up and measured out so there is no question about what I will be eating. I'm also not sitting at the computer messing with my daily 'schedule' like I did with WW and calorie counting so I can fit the most junk possible in my day without it affecting my numbers. That's where the strictness of IP is really amazing.

Question for some of you though, have you ever been to Bonefish Grill on IP, and if so what did you get? I'm going this weekend and was just going to get some plain grilled fish; however, I was looking online and it looks like the Chimichuri sauce is totally IP approved. (http://www.bonefishgrill.com/our-menu/grilled-fish/) They even have a link to a recipe to make it at home and it looks fine. Thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #14  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
I hope everyone has a great day. Feeling accomplished!
We went from having 4 inches of snow on Monday to a predicted high of 76 today, Whew!
Can't wait for spring!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ipeeps! My baby is finally feeling better so I am off to work again today. Just stopping by to say hi. Have a good day!
Closed Thread