South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 06:24 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Hey, hey, hey! It's Saturday Beach Daily 8/2

I feel giddy, oh so and happy and.......YOU fill in the next line.

Great day to go shopping. I have a new list in my hands. One that has veggies written on it! I even found something called paddy pan squash at our local farmer's market.

When you think you are at your worst, remember that you aren't you only THINK you are. Get up, take a walk around your house and then come here and post.

With 23 people posting, you will NEVER be alone. Know that we all care and that we are walking this road with you. As in life, each road has hills and valleys. How would we ever learn if the road was always straight. We would miss out on a lot of eye opening experiences.

Have a great Beach day.

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 06:36 AM   #2  
Mous

FOR GoFIshin

He-- He-- the gangs all here
Sweltering together
Melting together
He-- He-- the Beach Babes are here
What the He-- do we care
What the HE-- do we care
He-- He-- the gangs all here
And ya know what?
WE DO CARE

So lets swelter together
Melt together
As long as were together
He-- He--You have to LOVE Texas!
And remember: It's hotter than He-- in Texas
and Colorado and California and and and.....
But we are TOGETHER!

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 06:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

All I can think of it, "I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! ..." What's that song, Ruth?

Lady... you COUNTED us!? You are the best.
Paddy pan squash... sounds interesting. Reminds me of that Beatrix Potter... "The Pie and the Patty Pan". Duchess the dog thinks he's eaten a tin patty pan, and just about has a stroke.

I was up before you Lady, but I figured I'd better not write the opening post. The girls might yell at me... they're LOOKING for your nurturing post first thing in the morning.

Enjoying my second coffee of the morning... everyone is abed. BEST time of the day!

Love and hugs to all...
Old 08-02-2003, 07:40 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Default Weigh-in day!

Good Morning Beach Beauties!

Well, today is weigh-in day for me....yesterday was the last day of week two. My loss this week was only 2 pounds. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for more.....I wanted to be at the upper end of the

"lose 8-13 pounds in the first two weeks" group, not at the bottom. But 8.5 pounds in two weeks isn't bad either.

Today I'm going to flirt with phase II. I'm not ready to jump in completely, but I am going to start adding a serving of fruit each day, and a yogurt a couple of times a week. I stopped at the store and bought some blueberries last night in preparation for today.....I'm going to add them to a vanilla ricotta dessert tonight! I really do miss my fruit! I'm going to wait a while before adding any bread or pasta or cereal. I actually have no craving for any of that at all (which is amazing in my mind)....they actually don't even appeal to me right now....and I'm afraid if I do eat them my cravings will all come rushing right back.

I hope everyone has a great day, and a fabulous weekend! I'll try to stop back in later....I didn't have a chance to post yesterday at all, and I have to admit I missed everyone! I'm going to try to get caught up later today.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:41 AM   #5  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Angry Lazy crazy days of summer,so sing sing a song!

Happy weekend to all u great Beach Babes!
  • LADYWINDSONG~Inspirational and a song to boot so early in the a.m.,,U r really smokin early today!!
  • SFLAKE~Thanks for finding my 1st post frm yesterday,I cldnt figure out were the cyberspace fairy sent the thing!!
  • ELLIS~(aka Rockstar/demolition daredevil )I retired frm SBC and I can tell u that all phone lines have frm 48v dc and up to 260v on some special ckts . Was DH looking for early insurance payout ? Hope u didnt really hurt urslf lst night! Old bones break easy(says my doctor who says I'm a great canidate for a brkn hip, wonder why he wld think that???) Take it easy 2day,we wld miss ur soo dramatic/comedic post everyday !
  • I hv had a virus in my computer for 3mths now,,Dell has sent me a startup disc to reload WindowsXp If u all nvr here frm me again u wl know "The Dell Frm ****" finally "crashed and burned"!! I wl ckck bk later 2c how everyone is doing b4 I attempt this suicide mission
  • 2 all u Beachin Babes,the water is great,,jump on in...........GOFISHIN
Old 08-02-2003, 07:54 AM   #6  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking CONGRADULATIONS TWODOGMOM!

We must hv been posting at the same time,,Congrat's on completing 1st Ph and 8.5lbs is definetely something to brag about,,not feel bad abt! GOOD LUCK on starting PH2,,wishing u the best...............GOFISHIN
Old 08-02-2003, 07:57 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here ya go, Ellis....

(Maria's song from West Side Story_

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:12 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, now that I've done another lesson on Ellis's musical education, I'd better post.

Lady, farmers' markets are the next best thing to picking your very own fresh veggies. We have a largish veggie garden and share a huge plot of land with neighbours who are organic growers. Sure is handy! Right now we have a plethora of baby zukes which are growing into whales as I type.

Ellis, try to stay safe today. You are starting to sound like Joe Btfsplk from Li'l Abner! Remember the guy who went around with a thundercloud over his head? BE CAREFUL or I'll bop you when I see you next week.

Twodogmom, you did really well on Phase I. It really is a good idea to just flirt with Phase 2 a bit. I am afraid I managed to add carbs to every meal - bigtime - and really got off track.

gofishin' - how are YOU doing? Sorry about your Dell from **** but try to post and let us know what's happening with YOU on The Beach.

A week from right now, I'll be leavin' on a jet plane for the West Coast. I will be staying one night with LindaBC and then taking a sea plane over to Nanaimo to stay there for the rest of the trip. The seaplane is for my grandson Matthew who thinks his Grandma is great. It's nice to have a cheering section - even if it is only 3.75! I really must figure out what I'm taking as I'm going carryon. There's not a big baggage compartment in a seaplane, if any! (Maybe just body paint? Just kidding!) I will do my best to stay as OP as possible but know there will be a visit to a floating pub. My plan is to do a long walk first thing in the morning. Nanaimo has a gorgeous harbour walk. Too bad my Girls can't come along.

Hot and muggy already. I'm off to walk the Doggage down for the newspaper and then will try to do a bit of gardening slavework. I wish my spring enthusiasm would last into August!

Have a super Saturday.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:13 AM   #9  
Mous

Ellis,

You post ANYTIME. Morning, noon OR night.

I think I hog the First post position, so I would LOVE to read your first post.

I am an early bird, so for days I sat here WAITING, and WAITING, and WAITING, so I posted and asked if it was OK to start the thread.

Now, I look forward to coming here to post, not that I didn't before, but I do my best writing when my brain is fresh from a good night's sleep!

I only lost 8.5 for my first 2 weeks! WAIT! Listen to me ONLY. I should be ashamed of myself.....ONLY! What a feat. It could have been 1/2 pound and I would have .

It is a rough road that we have decided to travel and I will take any # that I can get and be with it.

I fell pretty, oh so pretty........I cut my hair yesterday!! At least I am NOT crying!! LOL

TTFN

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 09:47 AM   #10  
Imagine...

Morning!

You guys crack me up! what a great way to start the day! Wow slept in this AM, which is something I never do...I must be tired from all the garage cleaning. What a energetic bunch we have...remodeling, tileing, garage cleaners, singers, jet seters, poets, computer loaders, Rockstars, walkers and most of all LOSERS!!

Way 2 do 2dog!

Ellis I hope your ok after the fall!

Me, I'm hanging in there. Got my first resturant challenge tonight. Actually i really hope I am good but the company is what I'm looking forward to. My Mothers best girl friend and I are gonna get together. Now grant you that Mom has been gone for close to 20 years. Somehow Chloe & I have just sort of lost touch over the years it will be so nice to see each other again! I think it's been at least 10 years since we have seen each other...I can't wait!

So I will just try to do my best...I am not perfect, if I fall I will be like Ellis and just pick myself up and start again!

Have a blessed day!
Old 08-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #11  

phrase 2 here and is good to have my fruit again. i been on this for 2 days now. its great. lost 8 lbs on the first one. so if i can do that good on this one i am feeling good. lost a lb this pass week. so good luck to all. lets keep those lbs going down.yehhhhh we can and we will do this. LaDean
Old 08-02-2003, 10:02 AM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Talking What a Great Bunch!

You guys are really inspiring and so much fun to post with! I have had two great days in a row...Watch out, I'm on a roll! Toying with the idea of adding some strength/toning to my exercise routine. I walk now, but need something to gain some muscle! Any feedback on Power 90 or The Firm tapes?

Lady, I almost posted before you (1am!) but got busy at work. One of these days I'll scoop you!

I don't have time to respond to everyone's post right now as I have to get to bed. Work has been so tough this week... I have the next two night off so hopefully....

Take care, beauties!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #13  

good morning Everyone....a beautiful day here in Northern Manitoba, sun is shinning, breakfast is done so I am off to paint the deck and fence.

Thanks to all who post, it has really been helpful for me this past week...as I head into week two, I finally ordered the book and very excited to get in (a few days away).

Have fun all

Wendy
Old 08-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #14  

Good Morning, everyone.
Haven't been around in a couple days...spent some time at a "real" Beach on the beautiful west coast of Michigan. Was great, ate too much junk and got sunburned, but it was worth it. Back to PH 1 today for a while.

I still haven't gone up or down on the scale since my 10 lb. loss the first two weeks! What's up with that? It will be one month tomorrow for me on SBD.

I have to say though, that I feel wonderful - I have energy, my skin looks beautiful, my nails are growing. I don't know how to say it - - I just feel "healthier". I just hope the weight loss will follow!

Whimsey - I read your posts from yesterday. How are ya' doing today? I can sympathize with your frustration. Just hang in there and think of the positives you are doing for your body even if the weight isn't coming off as fast as you would like. Even if you slip up you are probably eating better than before. Stick with it.

Sandi
Old 08-02-2003, 10:57 AM   #15  

Am stopping in for a minute to post before heading into the kitchen. today, I'm grilling some boneless skinless chicken breasts, some turkey breakfast patties and making some of those egg muffins I posted about in the recipe thread. DH thinks that sliced chicken breasts on a nice big salad for his lunch sounds super. I'll add a bit of low fat cheese to the salads.

I have a list for the grocery store a mile long with low fat cheeses, meats and fish. Want to check some packages of nonbreaded fish fillets in the frozen food section too. We already eat quite a lot of veggies already so I'll just buy a bit more than usual.

We realize that this next two weeks will have some challenges...gosh we will miss our beer and pizza nights ...but we'll make it! I figure that if we get really stressed out about it, we will just have sex!
Closed Thread