Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204.4/204.4/150

Height: 5'2"

Cool 2nd Try

Hello! I've lurked around 3FC for a number of years, reading the articles/reviews and forums, and finally decided to join!

I decided to give MF a second try. I sort of half-a$$ed it a couple of years ago, and quit before any real progress had been made. I'm kind of excited to give it another whirl, but anxious about the initial feeling of *yuck*....if there's anything I hate, it's the feeling of hunger.

At 5'2", Medifast set my recommended goal weight of about 114, and I really think that's too slender for my body type....Did anyone else disagree with what MF recommended? Losing all my curves would really make me bummed out...

NynaeveCeleste
NynaeveCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  

I am 5'1.5 and 50 yrs. old and they made my goal 130.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #3  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

i go by what feels good for me im 48 5 foot 10 195 i feel great.

not there yet but do remember when i was
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm not going through a center, so I picked my own goal. If you think the center is setting your goal too low, say so. I would hope they would work with you to set a reasonable goal that you feel good about.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #5  

Hello,

This is my second go round with MF as well. I've given myself a goal of 124. I think it is doable. Last night however I went out to dinner with my hubbs to celebrate our anniversary and decided to go off plan and enjoy the night. I have no idea what happened but when I woke up this morning a weighed myself I had gained almost 5 pounds. I mean seriously? What in the world is that all about? I am floored! I know it will take me a couple of days to lose whatever the 5 pounds are all about, but that gain has given me some serious resolution. I cannot afford to do that again. Anyone else ever have this type of massive weight gain going off plan for just one night?

Jen
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Juniper Berries,
It just happened to me last week. I ate way too much sodium one night, and gained 3 pounds overnight. If you went off plan with carbs AND sodium, 5 pounds of water gain overnight is definitely possible.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #7  

Riddy,

I think that is exactly what happened...too much sodium. I am one pound away from what I was before and back on plan. This definitely will not happen again...it is too discouraging.
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote