Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Small NSV :)

So this is pretty small, but a big deal for me! I have been pretty tight on my diet and exercise lately, and was doing really well today. I am calorie counting and allowing a net caloric intake of 1257 a day (so if I exercise, I can take in more). I track what I eat and how much I exercise on livestrong.

Anyways, my son wanted Pizza Hut for dinner. Apparently they have this $10 special where you can get a pizza, bread sticks, and cinnamon sticks for $10. Talk about temptation!

Well, because I had already done Zumba today (burned 762 calories), and been faithful to my good nutrition, I allowed myself to eat some pizza in moderation (I had a 1300 calorie allowance for the day left). I had one slice of pepperoni pizza, one bread stick, and one cinnamon bread stick. This is big for me, because usually I would just jump right into the box and eat with wild abandon, not caring about calories or the effect of the meal. I used to be able to easily put down 4 slices of pizza, 3-4 bread sticks, and probably half of the cinnamon sticks.

The funny thing is, the 250 calorie pizza slice didn't taste nearly as good as I thought it would.
strngsrvrbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #2  
Auty

S/C/G: 300/252/160

Height: 5'2

Congrats! Good Job! Pizza would be a weakness for me, I am scared for when my husband has had enough and orders one haha.

I had a similar experience last night, and I am new at this but thought it was kinda weird. I am doing something like what you are doing but I am using an app on my tablet and my iphone called "Lose it".

Anyway, I had a package of my favorite cookies, Peperidge Farm Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies, super yummy. Well I told myself if I did good for one solid week and stayed within budget I could have one cookie. I resisted this temptation for a whole week (not to hard because I have been sick) but every single day I thought of one of those cookies, kinda sad now that I think about it. Last night I had finished a workout and was feeling kinda "bleh" and was like I know, I will have one of those cookies! I deserve it, and totally talked myself up that it was going to be the sweetest greatest reward and manna from heaven...I took one slow bite of that cookie trying to savior it from the beginning, and it was disgusting. I was like, I worked a week for this cardboard no taste slab of sawdust????!!!???.

I dont know what it is, my mother had one the day before and raved about how good they were. I have no idea, a few theories but don't really know but kinda crazy!

Congrats again! awesome job!
Auty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Congrats! It's awesome how our bodies adapt to not eating junk food. I know a lot of people who can not eat things like pizza/soda/fries anymore after giving them up because all the grease makes them sick. It's amazing because just a few months prior, they could shove their faces full of this stuff and not even have a tummy ache. I used to be able to shovel tons of candy back in one sitting no problem. Now, if I have like 5 pieces I get a stomach ache.

Keep up the great work! Not denying ourselves the foods we like prevents us from giving up and burning out.

Last edited by Candeka; 02-22-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Nice willpower!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys! They definitely weren't as delicious as I had remembered, and it was no fun adding them to my calorie counter. But, I think we all have to redefine our relationship with food, and I am going from overeating to having treats in moderation (a hard transition). I am glad I had the pizza though, because it will be easier to say no next time. If I am going to treat myself, I am going to go for something REALLY tasty. It is amazing how our taste buds change throughout this process!!

Auty - Congrats on staying on plan!
strngsrvrbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! Willpower rocks!
Same thing happened to me the other night. Hubby and I are both doing WW, and have been doing very good. No cheating, no junk food, no crappy snacks. Just lots of good wholesome foods, and lots of fruits and veggies. Then we had one lazy night when no one wanted to cook, and we knew we had a free pizza at Papa Johns. We were good about it....made it a thin crust, no meat...just cheese and veggies. A few weeks ago we could put away a large super meat, thick crust between the two of us. We both ate two pieces, and were just done. It didnt taste good....its just tasted processed and icky. I felt like crap after I ate it, and even worse when I logged it.
But the good news is turned us off of wanting to order a pizza again, next time we'll just make one.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #7  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

That's awesome! I've found that with foods I used to think were amazing before...they just...aren't. :/ (and for that I am grateful. )
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/181/135

Height: 5'7''

I do what you do. Now I eat just the smallest piece of pizza...and sometimes I pick out the smallest bread stick.

They don't taste so good anymore.

And donuts...I loved a big cream donut once in awhile.
I bought one last week. All I could taste was the grease...YUK

I don't think I'll ever buy another one.

I'm glad some foods turns me off now. It sure helps with keeping the calories down.
MARLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote