South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #1  

Default Will be starting soon..

Hi everyone...I wanted to introduce myself. I just ordered the book, I am hoping it will come tomorrow, but regardless, I think I have enough info. to get started. I especially like the food journal thread on this forum...it gives me ideas. I have been doing WW and for the last 2 months have not been successful...my own fault of course...I feel however, I need a fresh start and a change, and for some reason this plan just feels right from what I have read on line (the prevention site mostly)..the forum over there moves so fast that I think I might get lost so I would love to join you all. I am 44, have about 50 pounds to loose, don't eat any beef, pork, or lamb...I recently added fowl back to my food plan....I am really excited about this plan...looking forward to getting to know you...
tina
Old 08-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Tina... welcome to the Beach!!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:15 AM   #3  
Mous

WELCOME, Tina.

Great attitude.
We are here to help and listen.

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 08:13 AM   #4  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Angry WELCOME ABOARD TINABRUL!

Jump on in and post often so we can b there w/u "On The Beach" LOL...............GOFISHIN
Old 08-02-2003, 10:13 AM   #5  

Good Morning Tina.....nice to meet you, I am just finishing week 1 of the Phase 1 so if you want a buddy feel free and we can email. I too decided to try and start without the book and actually had no plans to get the book, but changed my mind. I should be getting mine in a few days. Let me tell ya this is doable. I am such a carb addict, and need my bread and potatoes but never missed them this week at all!!! I made the committment to do this for two weeks, honestly and I have. The only difficult moment I have had was last night when I wanted a glass of wine. But just kept to my water...<smile>

have fun and do lots of reading the people around here are so friendly and have great advise and offer help...

Wendy
Old 08-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI TINA!!! WELCOME!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:03 PM   #7  

Thank you all so much for the welcome! I just am real optimistic about this...I started today..my book did not come in the mail but I think I am doing ok...I just need to remember, phase 1, the 'hardest' is only 2 weeks...(I also just started using crest white strips, so in 2 weeks I should be thinner and have white teeth! LOL)
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
tina
Old 08-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #8  

Welcome tinabrul!!!

You can definitely start without the book with what the Prevention site gives you but you really should read the book ... it explains a lot of stuff ...

I couldn't handle the Prevention site either ... too big, too confusing and too many mean-spirited people ... someone always arguing or getting offended ... much friendlier and more inspiration here for us beginners!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 11:06 PM   #9  
In Control: E+R=O

Welcome Tina! I'm glad you're joining us! I know what you mean about the prevention board, there's a lot of good information over there but it's way to overwhelming and fast for me. I much prefer the personal touch on this board!!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #10  

Thanks everybody! I did ok yesterday, day 1, but I think I ate too much ricotta cheese...since I don't have the book I wasn't sure and I posted a question last night but it was, of course, after I ate it. I'll check in the book when I get it which should be tomorrow. Thanks for making me feel at home here,

tina
Closed Thread