Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Lovin' WW

My first week of WW I posted on here about how unmotivated I felt starting out on the new program. I was frustrated and convinced I had an impossible goal. Im on my 3rd week now, and I have to say I am really loving it. I read on here all the time that its important for you to find a program that works for you, and I really think I've found it in Weight Watchers. This is the first time I've ever put any real effort into weight loss, and I'm really finding the program very livable. Its really opened my eyes to portion sizes. I had no idea just how much I was putting away everyday, thinking I had it all under control. Its also helping me make better choices for my 4 year old daughter too. I think twice about giving her a heaping helping of ice cream for dessert. Instead we all share things like fruit salad, or berries and spoonful of whipped topping. She is just as happy and I feel way better about what she's eating.
I've only just begun, but I am down 7lbs so far, and I'm pleased with that. I'm in this for the long haul, and was not really looking for a diet, but more of a lifestyle change. I'm buying more organic and natural foods, trying new fruits and vegetables, cutting out as much processed crap as I can. I'm doing it for myself and my family, and at this point I couldnt be happier. I don't feel deprived, or hungry. I feel healthy and I feel like I'm making better decisions for my family.
So the point of this post is not to be a walking commercial for WW. I hope everyone is able to find the right program for themselves, one that inspires them to achieve their goals. So far WW is exactly that for me. I know I'll have my rough weeks, but I'm making changes and I couldnt be happier!
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Way to go! It sounds like you're really embracing those healthy changes That's fantastic It's amazing how you making better choices is also affecting the food choices for your family. That has got to feel great! Keep it up!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I am so glad you're enjoying it now! It really does open your eyes to how much you were eating before. When I started I was eating SO much every day and that's pretty much all I ever thought about, what my next meal was going to be. Now I do think about that, but in a much healthier way.
I agree, I think WW is VERY liveable. I mean, how much effort does it take to throw your food into the tracker?! So easy! Plus, you really can eat like a normal person still, just healthier.
Congratulations on the 7lbs! Keep it up, it's extremely rewarding!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Yayyy Micki, congrats on finding a program that works for you! I'm glad you are doing well.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.5/ticker/145

Height: 5.5

awesome!!!!!!!!
katiesho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

YAY, Im glad you love WW because I do too LOL.

I find it SO flexible and sustainable for long term maintenance.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

Micki, I am also in my 3rd week of Weight Watchers and love it too!! I can't believe how much I am learning about correct portion sizes and most importantly, making good choices. I also LOVE that I don't have to totally give up the foods that I love (pasta!) but learn to balance and maybe buy high protein or low carb rather than regular pasta. Best of all, I like that it's not really a "diet", but a way to live!
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote