Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default AuGuSt ArTiSts

Hi Welcome to the AuGuSt ArTiStS formerly the JuLy BaBeS, We are a group of women who set our own exercise goals each month and then go for it. Along the way we offer each other support and also talk about everyday things. Come on along!.....First off girls the new name I feel suits us since we are not only sculpting new bodies for ourselves, but along the way we are painting a new life for ourselves. Hopefully one that is more colorful and more exciting.......I managed to walk 54 miles and ride my bike 46 in July. This is 2 miles less walking than June, but 24 more miles biking. So I'm feeling pretty good about that. I have yet to WI today so I'm not sure what I've lost for the month. I'll edit later with that. My goals for this month are going to be little different
WGM 45
BGM a modest 18
Here's the change 1hr. dance type exercise vid. a week.

Edited:

HW 185/ SW 156/ CW 142/ GW 125

Have a great day!

Kristi

Last edited by lovnmom; 08-01-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  

I like the new name! I completely agree with you.
Last month, I exceeded my goal for walking, but didn't quite get there for biking.
This month I am going to still try and walk about one mile a day but as you know, I've added tennis to the mix. But I also think I need to add the bike back. I need variety!

Walking Goal: 30
Biking Goal: 30
Tennis: Not sure how to measure it, how about 30 minutes six times a week which would be about 12 hours for the month? Works for me!

Good luck to everyone on all the goals that they have set!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:37 PM   #3  

Jackie, That sounds like a great plan mixing it up is the only way i can keep it going. If I tried to just walk I'd end up bored and skip a day then 2,3,4, and before you know it I wouldn't be exercising at all. Congrats on all you accomplished last month and good luck For meeting this months goals.....As for me I did manage to lose 4# in July. Which for me is very good I've never been one of these who could lose 2 or 3 # a week, so I'm happy. I finally weight exactly what I did last summer and so far I've made no plans to over indulge today as a reward for losing, so things are looking up in that dept. as well. To spice things up I went on line to see what the interlibrary loan had to offer in the dance exercise video area. I found one called Hula Your Way to Better Health or something like that. It's on it's way to my local library right now! I can't waite to try it. Noelle do you know any hula moves that'll help make me healthy? lol Anyway, have a great weekend everybody.

Kristi
Old 08-01-2003, 04:20 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Kristi, Jackie and Everyone else

Kristi, hey GREAT name, I LOVE it! A new name for a new month and a new start. And you are so right we are painting a new life for ourselves. I am like you also, when I first start a program the most I have lost in a week is 3 pounds and after the initial loss it is slow from there. I too am a 1-2 pound a week loser. Which is fine because they always say the slower you take it off, it is more likely to stay off. WTG on the 4 pound loss for July. Glad to hear you are having a great day.

Jackie, I think a few of us here are mixing it up a bit. I know I had to so as not to become completely bored with walking, which was happening. I've thrown in Richard Simmons and Denise Austins Pilates to my bike rides and walking. So of course my goal is going ot be a bit lower this month.

I am aiming for 50 miles to walk this month, which is lower than what I did last month, barely, but since I am throwing a couple other things in the mix I don't plan on walking as much. I will still be exercising 6 days a week though.

Here's to wishing good luck to everyone on their goals.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-04-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #5  

OK, another new month so I am going to try and start up yet again. My only problem is Aug is so busy between car shows, vacation, company picnic, #1 son with the orthodontest.
I just want school to start up so I can get back on a schedule that I can keep!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:53 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Hi again ladies,

I have posted this before but I like bringing it back once in a while to remind us all that we are special.

Some Inspiration

Your presence is a present to the world.
You are unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You will make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Do not put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.
Do not take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot...goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people together.

Realize that it is never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have heart, and hope, and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a star.

AND DO NOT EVER FORGET...
FOR EVEN A DAY
HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE!

~by Bill Greer,
Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul

Old 08-02-2003, 10:10 AM   #7  

Jackie, I so hear you on the back to school thing. Today I need to spend my day reorganizing like the whole house, because there are clothes and "kid stuff" everywhere. I try not to get on them too much with chores and stuff in the summer, because I myself would rather be outside or gone than home cleaning, but something has to be done. I hate clutter and I'm avoiding being in the house at all due to clutter!! We'll hang in here together and have nice neat homes and a scheduled exercise time in 1 more month!.....Cristi, I have to admit I took a peek at your journal the other day and read these beautiful words of inspiration. Thanks for posting them here for all of us to enjoy! I love your new avatar. I've been thinking mine's getting a little tired. Have a great weekend ladies!

MW 0 / MB 0 / 1 hr. vids. 1

Kristi
Old 08-02-2003, 01:29 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

God bless your hearts!!!

i have been so off the wagon as far as exercising, that's why i haven't been out here. i really haven't had much time. which is no excuse, cause EVERYONE can find 20 mins in their day to take a walk.

good news... i've dropped a couple more pounds since... the last time i posted. which was probably like july 10. i've also started a new class, short story workshop. i've always been into writing, but i haven't felt disciplined, so i'm hoping that the class will help. and probably my biggest news... i got a new car. yippee. it was kinda a present to myself, after getting under 200 pounds i promised myself i would look for one. and i looked for one for about a month. and i FINALLY decided on a toyota corolla... which is what my old car was. i guess i'm just loyal.

but anyway, i'm back... and probably way under goal from last month. i'm going to try to stick to it this month though. i so need the encouragment from you chicas!!! i've missed you!!!

august goal: 50 miles
Old 08-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hi ladies

Kristen, so glad to see ya back lady! Hey even if you don't get the walking in pop in once in a while anyway we would still love to hear from ya. CONGRAT'S on everything! Geez, pounds gone, a new car and a new class to boot! YGG Good for you, sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with everything. The short story workshop sounds very interesting, I just know you will love it! I have never been a writer myself, couldn't even write a poem in school. Good luck with the workshop and enjoy.

Janine, you poor lady, you just sound so busy with everything. You need to take some time for yourself and relax. Well, when the kids start school I know you will be more relaxed and will get back in your routine.

Kristi, I can't seem to leave the avatar alone! I want something fun but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I even looked at clip art, so this will suffice for now. I will probably change it again soon. You are welcome for the inspiration, I have to read this stuff a lot to remind me I am special and worth something. I get in my moods and always think the worst of myself so it truly helps. I love reading inspirational books, and Chicken Soup has a bunch. I actually have one in my mini-van that I have kept there for a while when I picked up my dd from school, while I was waiting I would read a story or two. It's funny because I hate to hear others put themselves down but I am so very hard on myself. I am definitely working on it though.

Okay, not a good way to start the month off but I didn't get a walk in yesterday, bad girl! I am going to walk today for sure, not sure how far because I am feeling crappy today. I woke up with a crick in my neck and for some reason my lower back is killing me. I didn't do anything for it to hurt, maybe I slept wrong, I don't know. On top of it I have a splitting not my day. I will edit this post later to include my walk for the day. I hope everyone is having a good weekend thus far. TTFN

August Goal~50 miles
8/01/03~zero
8/02/03~3.5 miles
Total Miles 8/03~3.5
Miles to go~46.5

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-04-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #10  

Kristen, Great to hear from you. I second Cristi all the way. Don't stay away just because you're not on goal. I've come to enjoy your posts. You sound so young and living a life I haven't known for a long time. I need to feed off your adventures lol. It sounds like all kinds of good stuff is going on for you. WTG. I love how you made yourself a promise of a treat once you reached a mini goal and then kept the promise. I promised myself a new bike if I made my April goal and I'm still riding the same old one. Bravo for you for being good to yourself!!....Cristi, sending good ((((((vibes)))))) your way. No one should suffer on a Sat. that's what Mons. are for......Eating ok today and I totally plan on walking. I need some peace and quiet and all alone on the trail sounds just wonderful about now. Hope your weekend gets better. Have a good one everyone else!

Vids 1 /

Kristi
Old 08-02-2003, 08:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! Wow I had fallen off the wagon big time! I am here and ready to get it going on again! I don't know how often I will post but I will try to keep in touch as much as I can. I will log my walking here when I can. It's great to see some new faces here. Well I had weigh in today and lost the .4 that I gained last week. I am at 201! Well talk to you all soon!
Old 08-03-2003, 12:07 AM   #12  
One day at a time

Hi ladies,

Just coming back to edit my post above and add the walk I did today, 3.5.

Jenifer, so glad to see you back also. We have missed both you and Kristen and of course the other ladies. WTG on your loss, I knew you would do it. We hope to hear more from both you ladies, and all you ladies MIA.

Noelle, hope you are having a fun weekend in Maui.

Kristi, thanks for the vibes. I finally got rid of the headache and back isn't a bother either but I need to be careful with my neck. If I turn too quick it hurts.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow some time. TTFN
Old 08-03-2003, 05:20 PM   #13  

Jenifer, So great to hear from you!!! Is school done, how's the pooch, still praying for your families loss, I keep you in mind everyday. You just hang in there wonderland is the next stop!!!...Cristi, SO glad to hear you're feeling better. I ended up with a headache last night as well. At times I think it was sinus related, but I'm doing good today. I had a great morn and afternoon. Kids were great in church today I met with my camp councellors who will be leading the VBS that I coordinate for 3 churches. They seem like terrific young people. My dh loaded my bike last night so I could ride the 5 miles home this way I got my exercise in and it didn't even seem like it. I was just getting home!! Anyway, I'll be way busy with this VBS thing all week, but I'm hoping not to blow my diet (oops, new lifestyle) too bad, but the sweets are everwhere during VBS. Have a great Mon. I probably won't be on until late.

MW 2 / MB 5 / VIDS 1

Kristi
Old 08-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #14  

Well there that'll teach me. I had a great day with just one minor thing going wrong and I came on here and ranted and raved all about it and then the post was lost to cyber space!!!! So, I'll some it all up with. I took a 3 mile walk with my pooch early this morning and then headed off to a funfilled day at VBS. We had 33 children show which is down by 20 - 25, but more usually come the 2nd day. Even though I was surrounded by sweets I ate non and rewarded myself with 1 chocolate chocolate chip cookie when I got home. Eve meal is planned well and my children are all healthy. I'm truly blessed. Hope you know you are too!

MW 5 / MB 5 / VIDS 1

Kristi
Old 08-04-2003, 11:21 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Kristi, good for you! I would have been too tempted and ate more cookies than just one. That's why I don't keep any here. Once in a while I crave a donut from krispy creme and I will go and buy just 1. I know if I buy a dozen or even a 1/2 dozen I will eat at least 3 or 4. Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time I had one. WTG on the 5 mile bike ride. I hope you have a great week at VBS, and more kids show up tomorrow. I am sending you some good vibes and luck to stay OP and away from all the goodies. : :

Noelles, I hope you had a great weekend!

Jenifer, hope you are doing great also.

I took my free day today rather than Sunday. I always seem to get bored on my planned free day (sunday) and end up walking so I guess my free day will be whenever I take it. I did get in 3 miles yesterday (Sunday). That's about all that's going on with my exciting life. Take care ladies.

August Goal~50 miles
8/03/03~3 miles
8/04/03~zero
Total Miles 8/03~6.5
Miles to go~43.5
Closed Thread