South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:28 AM   #1  

Question Did anyone here start on Phase 2?

I know, that sounds like a dumb question. But, I just spent months on Atkins, never having left induction. I have not lost any weight since April, and could not stand ketosis anymore. I didn't want to gain back cravings, or the weight I lost, so I just kept eating safe foods, but had a grapefruit with every meal until it knocked me out of ketosis. Then, I looked for a new plan, and settled on this one.

Read the book week, was all ready to go... but just can't seem to get started on phase 1!! After 4 months of Atkins Induction, I am just so tired of eating those foods, that I can't stand the thought of even 2 more weeks of it. Has this happened to anyone else?

For the past few days I have been eating phase 1 foods, with the exception of having bran cereal for breakfast, and a fat free yogurt in the afternoon. I know, that is basically phase 2 lol. But I am happy with just those 2 things added in. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I should be able to lose weight eating this way?

Would appreciate any advise you can give.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #2  

Val--There's only one way to find out!
Jump right in on Phase II. Perhaps the fact that you've been on Atkins may eliminate Phase 1 for you. Don't add anythng else nor weigh yourself for a week. The scales should give you the answer! Try it-----I think you'll find SBD muh less boring! Good luck and stay with us!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:26 PM   #3  

I went thru Phase I but during that time there were a lot of people on the prevention board that started with Phase II or they modified Phase I and did fine. Phase I is a great detox (very important) and kick start because of the initial weight loss. Now with Atkins you may have detoxed enough and your body may be ready for a slower more consistant loss-which happens in Phase II. Most important is to learn the foundation of the program and apply it to your new WOE. You know it's healthier! Jann
Old 07-31-2003, 03:07 PM   #4  

I have been watching my carbs for about a month prior to starting SBD, so I started on Phase 2 Monday, and have lost 7 lbs in the last 3 days....I'm drinking LOTS of water, and walk in the evenings.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:18 AM   #5  

Thanks for he replies everyone!

Way to go Peggy! You are certainly off to a flying start!
Closed Thread