Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Food Allergies/Intolerances

Here's a previous post of mine to give a little background on my situation: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...tolerance.html

I have come across a product that I find interesting. I tried taking it a couple of times, but I got scared and stopped. We eat out a lot due to our work schedule. This is not going to change, unless my allergy gets much worse. Here's the dilemma. The majority of the times we go to places that I consider safe to eat. Meaning, I have been able to talk to the restaurant staff and have my food prepared to order and how I want it. There are occasions, when we travel or just get tired of eating at the same places all the time, that we go somewhere different. My breakfast and lunch are always safe meals for me. Dinner is the problem meal. I would like to be able to take a product that would help divert allergic reactions if I should be in an unusual situation.

Has anyone heard of this product/ingredient?

Ingredient: Diamine Oxidase Enzyme

http://www.iherb.com/Naturally-Vitam...les/38748?at=0

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU708/ItemDetail?n=0

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/healt...upplement.html
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5'10"

You really need to talk to a doctor about this. Allergies, especially food allergies, can get worse with each exposure, to the point where a previously mild allergy can suddenly become deadly. You need to work with an allergist to figure out how to avoid things you're allergic to and to come up with an emergency plan in case you get exposed and react badly. Do not use unregulated substances ordered from the internet, and do not intentionally expose yourself to your allergens unless supervised by a doctor.
anna ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna ng View Post
You really need to talk to a doctor about this. Allergies, especially food allergies, can get worse with each exposure, to the point where a previously mild allergy can suddenly become deadly. You need to work with an allergist to figure out how to avoid things you're allergic to and to come up with an emergency plan in case you get exposed and react badly. Do not use unregulated substances ordered from the internet, and do not intentionally expose yourself to your allergens unless supervised by a doctor.
Unfortunately, the Allergist wasn't much help. I did blood testing as well as skin testing. At this point and time, his best recommendation was to take an antihistamine every day since everything was inconclusive. My Allergist is highly recommended and one of the best in the area. Of course, I could go to another Dr.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/217/160

Height: 5ft 7in

if you developed a food allergy or sensitivity to a food, it may not be the food itself you are reacting to but the altered protein in that food. Please check out this video of Robyn O'Brien and I think you'll be quite amazed at what is REALLY in the food being sold in today's markets. ww w.wimp. com/ realfood / (just remove the spaces)
Snuggles1968 is offline   Reply With Quote