Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Really not feeling "this" anymore

It has been a terrible week for me. All the enthusiasm and excitement I had when I started this back in November has completely drained out of my body. My eating slipped this week, my exercising slipped this week, and unfortunately my motivation has left the building.

I am hoping to bring back that lovin feeling really soon
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I know the feeling. I hope that you find your happy place and get motivated again. I am in the process of that right now hug *hugs*
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Wow. I just saw your weightloss so far. Good on you!!! The things that keep me going when I just want to give in and eat cheesecake are trying on my old clothes and finding they fit, losing a kilo, going clothes shopping and trying on a size smaller than last time. Don't be too hard on yourself, I think a lot of people get into a funk and lose motivation. Perhaps it's time to set a new goal or buy a reward piece of clothing to work toward fitting into. Just don't give up, remember why you started this journey in the beginning.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Somebody around here used to say all the time that there's a difference between motivation and commitment. Motivation will get you started, but it's committing to the process long-term that will see you through. You have to make a commitment to yourself to be the best you you can be.

It's not easy to push through the times when we're not feeling it (and we all have them) but the alternative is usually gaining weight. I've been there, and believe me, it's not a place you want to be.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #5  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been there. I lost all motivation a couple of years ago after losing 40 pounds and ended up gaining it all back plus an extra five. I know you can stay strong and stick with it.
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I have been there. Several times. Just a month or so ago was the last time.

But today is my 7-month anniversary of sticking with it, and I feel proud of that. If I had given in to the lack of motivation and tiredness, I would be right back where I started 7 months ago.

Maybe you just need a little break. Continue your workouts but maybe do only half the amount of time you normally do. Or eat a couple hundred calories more per day next week. I find that when I am super tired, doing half of my regular exercise routine on one day per week helps me feel less tired. Don't give up, just maybe have one week (just one!) where you enjoy your success by toning things down a bit.

Another thing that helps me is variety. When I am bored, I will challenge myself. For example, I will try to do a vegetarian-only week, which exposes me to different foods I have never tried. Or a low-carb week, where I allow myself to eat lean cuts of beef while still watching my calorie intake. I will also change up my exercise routine and try a different cardio machine, or do cross-training on two or three machines during one workout. Variety helps keep me interested.

Good luck, and please don't give up. You will get through the dark days.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #7  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Look how far you have come and do not give up! One day at a time and one good choice at a time that is all it takes. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Maybe it just means you need to change things up, slow things down, or something. It doesn't have to be all, or nothing. I have times I feel so good and so determined, then other weeks, I can barely keep afloat. Key has been, never just quitting. I change what I do, what I eat, etc, but I step on that scale every single day and record every piece of food that crosses my lips.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270 / 264 / 200

Height: 5'4"

I, too have been there, more times then I care to admit. One thing that you might want to try it looking at that tracker you have. See your starting weight? See where you are now? Do you want to get back to the beginning?? No, of course not!!! Even if you don't go down, stay where you weight is now. Never look back, always look to the future. Even small things can help you stay motivated!!!
On that subject, I got back into my jean yesterday, for the first time in months. True, they were a little tighter then I like, but.....
YES!! JEANS!!!
See how easy that is??
Now YOU find something to motivate you!!
Sactolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #10  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Thank you each and everyone for all the support and motivation. It means a lot to me that there are people that care out there besides my husband who has been the biggest source of support and motivation for me.

I think I am just tired from the hard work it has taken to get here. I am tired of thinking of what I can eat, how many calories it has, how many calories I have left for the day, and of the dedication it takes to get my *** out and exercise and do what is right, on top of working a full time job and taking care of my elderly sick mother in the evenings.

I was just feeling overwhelmed and tired this week. I woke up today and I am determined to get myself and my thinking back on track. There are always stumbles in any journey, you just have to pick yourself up and keep moving forward.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #11  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Going back UP is NOT an option!!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #12  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
there's a difference between motivation and commitment. Motivation will get you started, but it's committing to the process long-term that will see you through. You have to make a commitment to yourself to be the best you you can be.
That is fantastic. I need to remind myself of that.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #13  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

I was there a few weeks ago! I hear ya girl! Dieting is an endurance sport, for sure.

I try to find other ways to shake things up. I was in a mid way slump and changed my haircolor I'll buy a new shirt or even a new lipstick... just something DIFFERENT! I went back to Zumba and yoga, which I hadn't done in a while. Change, any change, something different or something to divert my attention! I find it really liberating to still stay on plan but not get on the scale... for whatever reason that helps.

And post here! I had a post called Diet Fatigue that had some really great advice as well.

I hear you I hear you I hear you on this one!!!!! Best!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It does wear on you. After all this time, it never ceases to amaze me that one day is so easy and the next is so hard. How can I be cruising along and wake up one day and just not feel like it. What gets me through is the thought that generally I don't have to white knuckle it all the time. I have days, even weeks that fly by and I can live this healthy lifestyle without even noticing. So on days when I wake up and am tired of it, and simply don't feel like it, I fake it. I do it anyway because I know soon my head will turn around and I will feel better about it.

And on days like that, I will allow myself to eat less clean as long as I stay within my calories. The comfort food, well, comforts and gets me through my funk.

You are doing awesome!! Never give up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Just want to add my support with the rest! My entire journey so far has been made up of great days where I sail through and white knuckle days where all I think about is comfort food. I get discouraged that it's been 2 years and "only" 50lbs lost. Of course, I didn't get seriously committed and consistent until May 2011!

I do keep thinking of the upcoming summer and how for years now I have been embarrassed by my rolls of fat on display during the warm weather. How hard it has been for me to walk even a few blocks without huffing and puffing. How every year I promise that this will be the year! Sometimes I feel annoyed that I won't be at my goal weight by the time this summer rolls around. It's just not happening fast enough for me!

However, the thing that keeps me going is that I weigh less today than I weighed 1 year ago. Hopefully, I will weigh less in June than I weighed in June 2011. It's progress. It's slow, but it's progress.

Sometimes you need to have an off-plan day or even an off-plan week to recharge your batteries. We are human beings and not robots who can eat salad for every meal and never tire of it.

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote