South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 06:11 PM   #1  

Default Frozen entrees in Phase II?

I always bring my lunch to work and I don't have time to prepare things in the morning. Are there any frozen entrees that would work in Phase II?

I used to bring a Lean Cuisine every day but most of those have some kind of starch side dish.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2003, 06:58 PM   #2  
Imagine...

I have not found anything frozen that would comply with this WOE. I Bring string cheese, salads, LF ham or turkey, nuts, alot of times I will make an extra dinner portion and bring that for lunch. Although I have a microwave & fridge...not sure if you do?
Old 07-30-2003, 07:31 PM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Could you make up your own frozen entrees? Like on a weekend, make up a bunch of food (meats, vegies, etc) and freeze them in single meal containers? Or every time you cook a meal, make extra and freeze it, that way you'll always have a selection of healthy frozen meals to chose from.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:45 PM   #4  

I always used to bring a Healthy Choice or WW frozen dinner before starting SBD but now forget it! There isn't one that I could have. For lunch I just have salad everyday with chicken & low fat cheese. I wish I could find more things to eat, but I'm so tired of cooking & I hate tuna. I wish they would make frozen entrees for the South Beach diet, I think I would buy a few a week. I'm all about convenience.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:36 PM   #5  

Hi Donna:

I usually make an extra serving of whatever I have for dinner and have that for lunch .... can't think of a single frozen meal that qualifies for SBD (and I have searched high and low) ...

Maybe you could pack your lunch the night before???
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 PM   #6  
it's always something

I bought some divided freezer containers and made frozen dinners. I love the convenience of popping something into the microwave when possible. Besides, I'm a single gal so I have a lot of leftovers. Frozen meals are helpful. I keep checking the frozen dinner aisle for something suitable, but I guess we'll just have to make our own. The chili I rave about freezes very well. I also freeze grilled chicken, then thaw out just one to slice and add to a salad.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:10 PM   #7  

That's what I was afraid of. Starches are cheap so it's no wonder all the frozen entrees are loaded up with them.

Thanks for the tips everyone. If I get around to cooking in the evening, I'll just make 2 servings worth or cook something ahead on the weekend.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:06 PM   #8  

This isn't exactly a frozen entree but how about the prepared frozen fish fillets and shrimp (not the breaded ones, the grilled or sauteed ones)? They microwave in a dew minutes and are very good. You could throw in a few veggies at the same time and have a tasty meal.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:02 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lower carb frozen entrees are available at some Super*Walmarts in the USA but not in Canada yet. The brand is Chef's Choice and they run about 3 bucks in Florida. Be sure to check for the low carb version as Chef's Choice makes regular entrees too. (I got this info from another board that is very reliable.)

To find a Walmart near you with groceries, just go to http://www.walmart.com. If you scroll to the bottom of the home page, they have a store locator. All you need to do is put in your City, State and zip code, select "grocery" and it will show you all the Wal-Marts near you that have groceries.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:10 PM   #10  
it's always something

Our walmart has groceries, but I've never heard of Chef's Choice. I'll have to check around and find one! Jennifer and I were just talking about the lack of good choices of frozen dinners at the store the other day (as we stood in a daze looking at a 3 pound imported pizza)
Old 08-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #11  

Angry

Hi.. I just found Chef's Choice at Super Walmart. I had one of the chicken ones for lunch and it was very good. Just chicken and vegs. With carb count less fiber it came out to 6 grams/ I am going to go back tomorrow and buy a few to have in case I don't have salad makings for lunch
Closed Thread