Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #5

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly 37 this morning and the snow they predicted hasn't arrived in this area. I showed a "maintain" at weigh in this day and are happy with it. That not drinking coffee late in the day has helped me get to sleep better so I will have to change my ways. I noticed that Weight Watchers has a new cookbook showing on their web site called Best Darn Food Ever now you know that I will have to have it. I'll put Will on a search for it on one of his sights. He finds such good deals for me. This afternoon I am going to smoke that brisket that is in the fridge and make some good sandwiches. Something set the neighborhood dogs off for I hear barking from across the street and down the block. Ours are inside being quiet or they would surely be sounding off if they were in the yard. Have any of you read the book "Taken" by Robert Crais? I have an uncorrected proof for limited distribution copy of it which I am going to read soon. New York Times said he is the bestselling author of the sentry. That is some accolade.

DONNA FAYE I am so sorry that your system is still giving you fits and you will have to have an operation. I was so hoping that the procedure you just had would work for you. What fun things for Valentines day you got the kids. The Wal*Mart here doesn't yet have that WW cheese in but we keep looking for it for I want to try every flavor.

CROSS-TRAIN TO KEEP YOUR INTEREST
You won't get bored with exercise if you keep mixing it up. Vary your exercise routine by changing your intensity and cross-training on different equipment or by walking a different route outside. You won't get bored and different muscles will benefit,

THINK YOURSELF STRONGER
Researchers at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation foud that study participants got 14 to 35 percent stronger after 12 weeks of imagining themselves strenuously moving certain body parts. Think about your workout for 60 seconds while you're changing clothes and getting ready to exercise. Picture yourself doing a grueling weight-lifting set.

Have a great Monday Magnolias. Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #2  

We are home with some jet lag. I've been gone most of the day thanks to a new 5"+ snow early this morning causing a late start at church, money that wouldn't balance at church, sorting laundry, groceries, 2 weeks of gift shop money, etc., etc., etc. I haven't had time to do any reading so will try and catch up in the next few days. I'm heading for bed!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #3  

Good morning girls. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! It is chilly but supposed to warm into the low 50's today. We had sleet and a bit of snow yesterday afternoon but nothing that stuck for very long. I thought we might dodge the cold weather all together this year, but I guess not.

I have one floor and then the upstairs hall bath and I have the house cleaned again. I have been doing ok yesterday and today so hopefully this is all done now. I have had more of a time getting the anesthesia out of my system than usual though. Lots of coughing up stuff and a bit more labored breathing, but I seem to be over that finally.

I told Jack no flowers this year since we are going on our little trip in a few days so here is my valentine this year instead! My birthday is in Sept so he always buys me sapphires, which he knows I love. His hat has been mailed so I hope it gets here tomorrow or the next day. I feel bad I didn't get it ordered quite soon enough, but he said it didn't matter to him.

Jean: Great to see you back. You will have to tell us all the highs and lows of your trip when you have time to come in and do a nice long post. We sure missed you here.

Maggie: I just finished another Michael Palmer book that was great and it was about pharmacuticals. You should check him out as his books are really good. I also finished a reread of a Dick Francis book I don't remember though I know I have read all his stuff, and a Rizzoli and Aisles book, which I really like. Very different than how the characters are written for the tv show, but I love both the books and the tv show, especially Angie Harmon playing Jane Rizzoli. I am currently listening tow V is for Vengeance the latest Kinsey Milhone series/Sue Grafton book and The Drop then next book in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly. I am making Fortune another doggy sweater so it is great to knit and listen to a book at the same time.

Fortune's new sweater is a great turtleneck, legs and bottom and the body of the sweater is this wonderful bright yellow orange. I am at the leg divide so it has been a quick knit. I am considering either putting his name across the back in gray or button decorations or both, who knows? I have enough yarn to make him about 3 others in different color combinations and such.

Well girls, I want to finish the quick mop of the front hallway so I only have the bathroom upstairs to do. I need to color my hair tomorrow and start pulling stuff to pack to go to Chattanooga. We are looking forward to a few days of fun and shopping. Have a great day today and stay warm. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valentines.jpg (17.5 KB, 15 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4  

Some food for thought from the blog of the president of WW:

Man Meets Scale

Size matters redux
Posted: 10 Feb 2012 08:04 AM PST
Our brain is a funny device. It holds a surprising sway over us, often in ways we cannot imagine. I read with interest and curiosity a few weeks ago an article in the WSJ talking about the curious benefit of placebos (Why Placebos Work Wonders). Sometimes when our brain thinks we are getting better or are satisfied, it instructs the rest of the body to follow suit. It seems that when our mind plays tricks on us, those tricks can impact much more than what's bouncing around our noggins. In the article, they referenced one particular study from the journal Health Psychology. Here is the excerpt from the WSJ...
Another study, published last year in the journal Health Psychology, shows how mind-set can affect an individual's appetite and production of a gut peptide called ghrelin (GREL-in), which is involved in the feeling of satisfaction after eating. Ghrelin levels are supposed to rise when the body needs food and fall proportionally as calories are consumed, telling the brain the body is no longer hungry and doesn't need to search out more food.
Yet the data show ghrelin levels depended on how many calories participants were told they were consuming, not how many they actually consumed. When told a milkshake they were about to drink had 620 calories and was "indulgent," the participants' ghrelin levels fell more—the brain perceived it was satisfied more quickly—than when they were told the shake had 120 calories and was "sensible.
The results may offer a physiological explanation of why eating diet foods can feel so unsatisfying, says Ms. Crum, first author on the study. "That mind-set of dieting is telling the body you're not getting enough."
So there you have it. This study suggests that if you think you are getting a lot of food, then it can instruct your hormones to pipe down and let you feel full. If your brain thinks you are getting gipped, then it asks your hormones to scream for more. There is clearly a bizarre circular logic being used by our neurological systems, but what I suppose it is what it is.

One example of how we can use this curious effect to our benefit is in the use of low energy density foods. These are foods that have relatively few calories per cubic meter, often filled with water, air, fiber, etc. It goes back to one of my personal rules of eating: bulk up your food. If I go back to my staple breakfast:
  • Regular oatmeal with blueberries and sliced banana
  • 0 fat Greek yogurt with grapes with a little Fiber One
By the time I'm done with these concoctions, they completely fill two pretty decent sized bowls. It's enough food that my family looks at me slightly aghast by the quantity. Yet these two bowls add up to about 6 PointsPlus per serving. It's my little version of cheating the devil. My brain clearly thinks I'm getting a decent amount of food because I'm not really hungry until lunch. You might now ask the following question: if this hypothesis is true, then why aren't I destroying this phenomena by asserting it? In other words, the fact that I am acknowledging that I'm only eating 6 PointsPlus values should signal to my brain that I'm still hungry, yet this does not happen. Why? Simple. My brain isn't very smart and/or is quite gullible.

The above WSJ excerpt also reminds me of a Charles Barkley quip from the Leno show: "You can't give a fat man a little meal and expect him to be happy." Amen to that.

Big food indeed...There is more than a fair bit of research out there to suggest that visual cues can go a long way to convincing us that we are either being well fed or starved, regardless of actual calorie content. Personally, I view this as a gift because it allows me to imagine strategies to mentally cheat (i.e., by bulking up my foods). I'm perfectly happy to outsmart my dimwitted brain.

This is also a good reminder for me of one of the cardinal rules for sustainable, healthy eating: don't go through life deprived! I've never met a person on Weight Watchers who didn't love food. I've also never meet a person on Weight Watchers who has kept their weight off for a long time who still doesn't love food. The trick is to love food that loves you back.

Cheers,

David
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #5  

Good morning, ladies! The sunny is shining and it is 43 degrees at 11:00 am so a bit cool today.

Glory and I ended up with 4 friends at tea so we had a real tea party. It was so much fun. The tea shop has an unused second floor and they have asked me to teach some hand quilting classes that could be done in an afternoon. They will offer these for free and have tea available to participants that want it.

I spent the rest of the weekend with Sandy and came home yesterday afternoon since she didn't have to work. We quilted up a storm and did some knitting, too. I did a ruffled scarf. I'll take a picture this evening and try posting it.

We had a dusting of snow Saturday night but it was gone by Sunday afternoon with no more in the forecast. I'm so ready for Spring.

Faye, the ring is beautiful! You are one lucky lady. Are those your real finger nails? I'm envious.

Jean, I'm glad you are back. I've missed your posts and look forward to hearing about your trip.

Maggie, that is the new WW cookbook that is being sold only on the website and at meetings. It is $9.95. If Will can't find it, I'd be glad to get one and mail it to you. It has fantastic recipes that are easy and comforting. Maintaining is good, too. It's practice for when you reach goal.

Gloria, it was so nice to hear from you.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Titalating Tuesday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Happy ♥-Day my Magnolia friends. My eyes are still moist from laughing from a card Will just handed to me. It is by Hallmark and what a hoot. They certainly have some thinkers for their production department. He also gave me a huge vase of fresh flowers that are very lovely. There is a tea party meeting we need to go to tonight for Will is making a presentation to the group so I might pin a flower in my hair.

I decided to do that brisket today so it could sit in the fridge with the dry mix rubbed all over it and marinate that way. I also used the last of that spice mix so mixed up another batch to have ready for the next time I want to use it. One batch of the mix makes quite a lot so it lasts for several batches of meat. It is one of those that goes well with pork, chicken, beef, and fish alike.

DONNA FAYE Your little doggie will be a fashion hound. I have read most of those authors and enjoy them. I used to be a voracious reader and would marathon lots of books. I have slowed down now since I do so much glass but do read also. I have to have a block of time in which to read ~ for I marathon a book. A habit I started as a child and it bled over to my adulthood. I never read anything that I wasn’t "supposed" to but would sit in my bathroom on the floor and read into the night (probably an hour after my bedtime). When I would hear my mother come to that end of the house to check on us girls I would give the toilet a flush and wander out to my bedroom. She knew what I was up to for she would find my books stashed in the towel stack in the cupboard in that bathroom. I wasn’t a kid that needed much sleep to be alert the next day. The rest of the kids in my family only read what they needed to for school. I don’t know why I turned out to be such a reader except maybe I inherited that from my parents for they were both readers.

JEAN What a shock to your system to come home to snow and cold weather with the warm sun and surf still in your recent memory. I imagine they had a beautiful array of fruit there. We are waiting to hear of your exploits. Two of my nephews own some property over there some place and are building on their domicile when they are there on their vacations. Neither are married yet ~ two handsome young eligible bachelors. One of them is a fireman and the other has his own company as a bridge builder.

SUSAN Thank you for the kind offer of getting that book for me. I have a copy and have looked through it and it sure has some very yummy recipes in it. Will picked it up at the WW center here in town for me last evening for the leader e-mailed me that they were in. They have lightened 140 of the comfort classics that we can eat on plan. All those yummy things I like. They did something with the onion ring recipe that I like for they added some flour. The Panko covering will stick to the rings better that way. I will be trying that recipe soon. There is even recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes, which I was introduced to when in Tennessee and will make when I get some green ones. And the Cheddar-Scallion Popovers will be the first to be made in my new popover pan. Yes I do believe this is my new best favorite cook book. OH ~ and New York Cheesecake. Have you taken a walk through this book yet? Best Darn Food Ever! The recipe for Grilled Tequila, Citrus, & Jalapeno Chicken looks so good and I can make that on my inside grill instead of waiting till the weather improves. Yep I am going to like this cook book real well. Thanks for posting that article ~ a very informative read for sure. I am keeping it for future frequent use.

LIMBER UP AT THE SINK
While you brush your teeth or wash your face, practice the “hip hinge.” Keep your spine lengthened and bend forward from the hips (you’ll look like an L). With knees soft, lower as far as you can without rounding your back.

REV UP WITH AROMATHERAPY
The combination of cool water and invigorating scent will give you a quick energy surge. Add a few drops of eucalyptus, lemon, camphor or peppermint oil to a cool wet washcloth; hold it in front of your face and take several deep breaths. Fold the cloth and wipe your face. (don’t get the oil in your eyes or on your skin, as it may cause irritation.)

Since I am allergic to eucalyptus and have some on hand I use lemon oil.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y’all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!I was hoping to get in here while we were gone, but kept on the go and too tired at night to go back down to the lobby where internet was free. We did an evaluation and found out they are remodeling starting on the 12th floor which is now done. We usually get 4th or 5th floor so may not see a change next time, but will have Wifi in the rooms when all are done. The walls are cement block so is a challenge for new wiring -- I'll take the sound proof/quiet rooms!

We went whale watching every day except one and that was because it was terribly windy and the little boats didn't go out. It also rained hard off and on that same day; they are in a drought so no one was complaining. The weather was 75 - 85 and the locals thought it was cold. We thought it was wonderful! We did go to a magic show; we entered a parlor where the ghost of Annabelle plays the piano -- any request asked for. The night began with 2 drinks of your choice, then a plate of appetizers which was chicken and pineapple on skewers, a clam cake, pork wraps, and shrimp served on greens, ending with a dessert. I chose key lime pie and guessing it was probably 1/3 of a 9" pie -- so huge I couldn't eat it all. Bob ordered warm apple pie and ice cream; the piece of "pie" was cut in a huge oblong slice and the 2 ice cream scoops were double the size of what we get over here. He did eat it all! After eating we moved into a small theater for the show and there were only 6 rows so not a bad seat anywhere. The magician played off different ones in the audience so put on a great show. At the end the he met us at the door leading outside, asked where we were from, and thanked us for coming. We had good plane rides both ways; coming and going from CA the pilot announced the flight was non-stop! It's good to be home but wish everything was put away as I think the kids will be here this weekend.

I haven't had time to read so hope to catch up soon! I need to get back to my laundry piles and sort through the souvenirs for the kids.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies. It is chilly and cloudy and expecting more rain our way today. I want some warm temps and some sun soon. It is so gloomy.

I have to go up in just a bit and clean the hall bath, make the bed, put some clothing away and start packing. We are going to busy tomorrow so I need to get it done tonight. I want to color my hair tomorrow, which is always so time consuming and such a mess.

Jean: Sounds like you had a lovely time. I imagine it will be nice when they have wifi in the rooms. Sometimes if you are close to another hotel you can bounce off theirs. We did that in Ft Smith when the hotel's internet was not working and we wanted to check the weather situation. Like you I think 80 degree temps sound awesome and I am sure ready for spring. Is it really humid there? I would imagine it would be with the tropical temps and all. I am wondering how humid it will be in St Thomas and St Maartins. I always hate coming home from a trip and having to put everything back, wash clothes, etc. It is always so stressful for me. I think that is why Jack now figures in an extra day of vacation at the end so he can help me the next day because he knows I get so stressed having everything back in its place and everything cleaned up.

Maggie: It is always wonderful to get flowers. With us going to Chattanooga I didn't want flowers to be here and wilt and such so I said no flowers this year.

I am almost finished with the dog sweater already. I have the leg cuffs and the bottom back ribbing to do then I am done with it. I really like the color and think it will look great on Fortune. I may have it done in time for him to wear to Kelly's tomorrow night.

I better get going so I can get things done. Have a good middle of the week. Faye
Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The weather outside isn’t quite frightful but it is said that we will get snow this 36º day. It won’t last since the temps are high for it. Hopefully we will just get some rain out of this go-round. Yes, rain would be good.

We had a good time at the T-Party meeting last evening. I have a new “best friend.” He is a farmer and said now that he has been there once maybe his wife will come to the next meeting when he tells her about how friendly and fun the group is. I sure hope she does come.

I don’t have much on my ticket today so I will be doing glass work. Cecil is in here and has found something very interesting on a low shelf of my equipment rack. He is such a cat ~ curious. I am so pleased that the dogs aren’t on him constantly and let him have his own private play time. Now that the “newness” of him has worn off things have settled down to a nice routine. Late afternoon he and Beanie play rough and tumble and chase each other about the house.

I won’t have to do any cooking this day because we can have left-over brisket. It turned out so tender in my smoker pressure cooker. The trick was to liberally coat it with my Wild Will’s spice mix and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. It is fork tender to make shredded beef and eat it on a sturdy bun. I will freeze part of it today for later use. Next in the pressure smoker I am planning to cook a whole chicken and see how that does. I’ll also probably use a different dry spice mix on it. A lemon-pepper kind maybe.

DONNA FAYE Did that medical procedure you went through do the trick or are you facing an operation? That is super of Jack to save that day off so he can help you out when you return from your jaunt. He is definitely a “keeper.” I know you certainly do appreciate him. Our husbands know us like a book and the same for us knowing them which is a good thing.

JEAN You did a lot of whale watching ~ did you see many? We used to watch then off the coast in CA. The pineapple eaten over there just seems to taste better doesn’t it. What fun to go to a magic show. Sounds like you had a real good time there and are ready for a return trip. In about 6 weeks we are taking a trip for a few days ~ to Texas. It is good to have you back.

SUSAN Hope all is well with you this day.

GRADE YOUR PROGRESS
Stay motivated using a fitness report card. Set goals (for example, doing 10-reps of lifting a weight or jogging 2 minutes on a treadmill). Then grade yourself A through F at least four times a year. When you see how much you improve, you’ll want to stay in great shape.

SHOP TILL YOU DROP…POUNDS!
When you are shopping, even if you know exactly what you want, always do two laps of the entire mall before you buy a thing. Not only will you burn calories, but you’ll also find out who’s having the best sale.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #10  

Here is Fortune's sweater all done. He seems to like it as he isn't trying to take it off!

Susan: You asked me about my nails and I got the giggles. I have terrible nails no matter what I do so no, these are acryllics. It is nice to know they look like my own though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valentinesweater.jpg (21.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg valentinesweater2.jpg (32.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

:BACK TO YACK

I am still chuckle-ing ~ Will went to the place where he gets our paper goods and office supplies and came home with a ger-prize for me. It is a little mans head that has a big grin on it with a top not of fly away black hair like substance. You squeeze it in your palm and it says, Relax, calm down now ~ don't stress ` take it easy." He joins the other cute things he has bought me on a shelf above my desk. Life is good.

DONNA FAYE OH your little pooch looks so cute in that new sweater ~ makes me want to pick him up and cuddle him. Thanks for sharing.

Back to yack later:
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I'm still working on the laundry piles and finally got my gift shop deposit to the bank. Bob had a list of client sympathy cards I needed to send out out so have that done and mailed. I feel more "brain dead" than usual or maybe it is extended jet lag, I don't know. I put my cereal in Ernie's bowl this morning. Sheesh! I've done a fast read through of the past posts so hope I didn't miss anything important.

"Gma" -- I'm glad the blanket is finished and you can work on something fun. It looks complicated from the photo and I admire you for sticking with it; it's very pretty. Our luggage came through in fine shape this time with no parts missing. I hope you will enjoy your new luggage. It's always fun to get new clothes and shoes for a special trip. I used to eat way too fast thanks to the school schedule. Now Bob finishes way before I do and half the time my food is luke warm towards the end. Your ring is beautiful! I love your nails too. Maui didn't seem to be as humid but it wasn't as warm either. No one was sweating except the die hards who spent the day by the pool or on the beach. If I read correctly, you still aren't sure about a future surgery. I hope not, but if that will fix the problem that's what you will need to do.

Susan -- Does your boss stay in one place while in Hawaii? I was surprised at the number of people who spend the winters there. We went through an open house condo next to our resort, and most of those were people who stay the winter, then rent their place during the summers. You have lots of interesting things to do so I know you will enjoy retirement! I was sorry to read about your friend's death. Cancer is such a bad disease! Thank you for sharing the meditation article. I'm glad you enjoyed your tea party; you always have fun with your quilting friends.

Maggie -- Congrats on losing 5#s in January and another 2 so far this month! I do appreciate all the hints you have provided for us. Tell Beanie to enjoy the snow -- I'm wishing for an early spring! Sometimes I can drink coffee or pop in the evening and it doesn't bother me at all. Other times I will be wide awake at 2 AM even if I drink it in the afternoon! There will be no more hotels built in Maui because of the water shortage, but I don't know about homes. It looked like some building going on up on higher levels. We did see lots of whales and lots of babies this time. None came close to the boat, though, and we were disappointed about that. We had a group of 7 that circled the boat and they were fun to watch. From my quick read I gather you have a new kitchen "toy" -- a smoker pressure cooker, right? You go, girl!

Gloria -- It was nice to see you peeking in. Come and visit when you can stay longer and chat. Congrats on keeping 30#s off -- that's super!

I have bell practice later and need to find my gloves that I brought home and washed. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies. I have to get a move on and get the packing done and the last minute stuff to pack all together. I have Fortune's stuff all by the front door, but we have to run to the store and get him more dog food before taking him to Kelly's this afternoon/evening. Right now he is snoozing on his favorite couch pillow. I don't know how he did it, but at 4 am this morning he jumped off the recliner where I was and voila, his sweater was off! I let him outside then put it back on him.

Had a rough night last night and didn't get much sleep so I snoozed in the chair until the phone rang at 8:30 this morning. I am feeling icky at the moment with the same old symptoms and that includes the stupid shakiness. I imagine it will go away in awhile after the advil kicks in. Brother.

I felt sorry for Jack this morning. I don't think he wanted to go to work, but he doesn't want to burn another vacation day either. His Valentine's present came yesterday and it is pretty darn cool. They did a really nice job on it. He really likes it, which is nice.

Maggie: I had to laugh at the little gift Will brought home. I think I need one of those guys sometimes. I get way too stressed about stupid stuff like Jack dripping his little coffee thingy across the floor when he goes to empty it or leaving the saline bottle top open and not back in its proper place. It all goes back to my childhood and as an adult feeling comfortable only when everything is in its place. You seem to be doing so well lately losing weight. I am so very glad for you. I am still holding steady and I feel lucky I am doing that. It is just so hard for me to concentrate on losing weight at the moment because whatever this is has not bee fixed.

Jean: You bell ringers wear white little all cotton gloves don't you? I think I remember one of the bell ringers we had visit our church say that is what they are. I got a nice thank you note from Violet's mama. She loved the hat and booties and the blanket so I guess they were ok. I am glad I took the time to put on another row of blocks to make it just a bit bigger. Did you get all your "jobs" caught up and back in line already? Jack inhales his food. He has to eat things like meat really slowly though he forgets sometimes and ends up bringing it back because of the hernia thingy he has. I tend to fill up fast especially if we are eating out and almost always bring stuff home.

I guess I better hit the bricks running girls as I have nothing done except Fortune stuff lined up. Have a good one and talk to you when I get back. Faye
Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice sun-shiny day her in the ♥-Land with a temp of 49ºs. Not quite the day to go skipping though the tall grass in the fields picking wild flowers ~ for it feels quite chilly out there. Tomorrow I hope the weather is nice for I have a yearly doctor appointment down the road. Time to get my meds renewed. Does not seem like a year since my last visit but it is. Time does fly by when one is having fun they say.

For dinner this day I am not making anything exotic for it will be oven baked boneless pork chops placed over a pan of au gratin potatoes and the regular green veggies. I have a couple of chops out of the freezer thawing as I type. I think I will bake some Krusteaz Cranberry Orange 3P+ muffins today and give Will a surprise. I’ll have enough points to enjoy one myself. Gotta tell ya this last batch of Cuties we got are not good. They are a bit bigger than the small ones I have been eating and they have no flavor and are hard to chew for they are tough. I am going to toss them and look for some of the smaller ones to purchase. No more buying the tangerine sized ones.

DONNA FAYE Have a great time on your adventure. I do hope your malady doesn’t act up and cause you much discomfort while you are gone. I feel so sorry for you not having a good nights sleep. Your little dog is a magician getting out of that sweater like that. Slipped right out. That sounds like a real cook cap you got your main squeeze and isn't it good that he really likes it so much. Good choice of gifts.

PUMP SOME IRON
Just five or 10 minutes of strength training provides enormous benefits to your muscles, boosts your metabolism and reduces your future risk of osteoporosis, Every other night, while you and your family watch television, use 3 – or 5 pound weights to do three sets of 10 biceps curls, triceps kickbacks and chest flies

DON'T BE A SLOUCH
Posture affects your mood as well a your performance. Slumping causes you to check out of your workout both mentally and physically. the less you focus during your sweat session, the less you'll receive in the way of benefits. Slouching also keeps you from breathing deeply, which is necessary for delivering the oxygen your muscles need to work at full capacity.

I am off to bake some muffins. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #15  

Good Evening, Flowers! I am heading to bed shortly but wanted to check in tonight. I went to WW this morning and was up a 1/2 # which surprised me since I've been gone for 2 weeks. I went to crafty club this afternoon and also finished washing the summer clothes. Now to repack the totes for a couple more months. I need to make a grocery run in the morning and then clean this pit.

"Gma" -- I hope you are feeling better and enjoy your time away. We used to wear white gloves that had little nubby bumps on them so the bells wouldn't slip. Now we wear black gloves because we wear black slacks and black tops. Before we wore red choir type robes with white collars. Sometimes I wish we still wore the robes just for something different. I bring home restaurant food sometimes, and then usually end up pitching it after a few days. I do hope you have a wonderful weekend away!

Maggie -- We hit 42 degrees today! Yesterday and today just felt like "spring is just around the corner" days. Pork chops sound good as we haven't had them for awhile. I think I will get meat for the grill this weekend because it is supposed to stay "warm" until Monday when there is a slight chance of snow.

I'm off to bed! Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow and enjoy the day!