Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Talking Just Chit Chat # 1

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Woo Hoo!!! Here we are with our new place!! First of all, let me say my DGD does not have spinal meningitis or the problem with her kidneys other than a possible UTI. BUT, we still don't know what is making her spike a temp... they are going to draw more blood in the AM and see if the while cell count is down. She is so miserable ..... Thank you for the prayers.

I forgot to check in at the last thread before I started this, to see what everyone else is up to, so forgive me for no individual posts, okay?

The food is under control, but I haven't had enough water since I've been at the hospital so much. I promise to drink more tomorrow.

BBL,
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 07-31-2003 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Wow

Nice little corner we have here!!

I went to lunch with three ladies I used to work with and I was going to mention this place to them and we got so busy with catching up that I completely forgot! I will have to e-mail them.

Jana- Still thinking of your little one. Just hang in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out just fine.

I would like to talk more, but I spent time on the bio and sitting upstairs in the heat is getting to me. I will post tomorrow.

Hope all goes well with your GD.

Marti
Old 07-30-2003, 10:57 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

This is so cool, having our own little corner!

Wasn't sure if I should post here or at the other thread.

Jana, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and send some good vibes for your precious DGD and hoping every thing is fine. : : :

Hi Marti and everyone else.

I didn't do so good with the eating today but I did get in a walk, a little over 5 miles and boy am I tired! I also managed to get my water down so I guess 2 out of 3 is not so bad. I went over my points but not by much. I will do the bio tomorrow for sure. Just too tired for a long post right now. I do plan on turning in early so I will see you ladies tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good day. Later ladies...
Old 07-31-2003, 01:18 AM   #4  

Question

Just had to ask: What's a sticky??

Also, are the recipes something you created or found somewhere that you really enjoyed and want to share? (they also have to be weight friendly right?)

Questions ,question......sorry.

Marti
Old 07-31-2003, 08:47 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Good morning ladies,

Marti - a sticky is a thread that stays at the top of the page, kind of like a post-it, it stays where you put it. That way, it doesn't leave the main page. As for the recipes, I don't think it matters what kind you post, as long as it is labeled as such. BTW, I look forward to meeting your friends! The first thing I did was bookmark this place, too.

Cristi - You are doing well with the exercise and water - to quote Meatloaf "2 outta 3 ain't bad".

Hi also to Kat, Michelle, Kayecee, Mel, Carree, Ruth, Angie, Ricci, and anyone I may have missed.

Kayecee - did you get lost at the mall? Please post so we know all is well!

Thanks to all of you for asking about Makenzie. After they take the blood today and see what the white blood cell count is, she may be on a 7-10 day antibiotic IV drip. It is so sad - when she sees someone enter the room who isn't family, she hangs her head and cries because she knows they are going to stick something somewhere. It absolutely breaks my heart! Please say prayers that all she has is a UTI and that it is much better! Btw, she is the only child on the unit so they let us take her twin, Madison, in to visit Makenzie yesterday. They hugged and kissed each other~ it was very touching!

I have to tackle Mount Washmore today and go to the hospital in between. It is my grocery shopping day, but I don't know when I'll get there.

What's everyone else doing today??

Jana

Last edited by Jana; 07-31-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:48 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

Jana----- So sorry to hear about your DGD, I hope everything goes well today. It's so hard to deal with when a little one is ill. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

Marti--- I have to agree with you about the Trading Spaces cast. Have you read the Trading Spaces book yet? I borrowed it from my neice, it is really interesting to read their bios. They also give a few tips on decorating in the book.

Hi to everyone else, come on in and join us!

I haven't been doing very well staying OP, I just don't have time anymore, between working outside the home, which I haven't done in over 2 years, helping our friends get their rental property ready and everything else I have to get done I don't have time to cook anything for dinner so it's usually either take out or grab what you can when you can. I have been drinking LOTS of water, tea and juice though, it's been so darn hot here. Hopefully everything will settle down here real soon and I can get back OP. Haven't weighed in for over 2 week and I'm really worried that when I do I'm going to hate myself for the way we've been eating.

I'm off to paint more. Ta ta, Mel
Old 07-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #7  

Hi again!!!!!!!

Just had to share, I finally got up the nerve to get on the scales again, instead of gaining like I thought I had over the last 2 weeks I lost 5 more pounds!!!!! I had to get back on the scale a couple times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
I almost fainted when I realized it was true!

Ta ta Mel
Old 07-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies,

Ahhhh, Jana, that is so sweet. I'm glad they let her twin go to the hospital to visit her. She must have been wondering where she is and if she is okay. They always say twins have a special bond unlike brothers and sisters and I must say I have seen that in my nieces. They are so totally different, like day and night but they are so very close to one another. It's sweet to see them playing together. I feel for your dgd, your dd and you. It is so hard to see your little one sick and in the hospital, poor baby, my heart goes out to your family and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mel, WTG on your loss! for 5 pounds gone! See, you didn't do as bad as you thought you may have. You may be eating out, but you are definitely getting a workout with working on the house and sweating.

I have done good today, staying OP, and did a 4 mile walk early this morning so I am feeling pretty good today. I did my errands this morning and now I have the rest of the day to do nothing, well I may read some more and I need to vacuum but that is about it. Everyone have a good day. I am off to do the bio.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:10 PM   #9  

Wow! Look at us here with our own little space. Dont you just feel special?

Jana, Im so sorry to hear about your DGD. Its good that they let her sister in to see her. Poor thing, I hope with all my heart that she gets better soon, and that theres nothing seriously wrong with her.

Ive been slacking in every way. No water, no exercise and I had a chocolate bar! Im so ashamed. Actually, other than that, my eating hasnt been all that bad. Im finding that I dont eat as much when its hot. I just kinda lose my appetite. Thats why I like smoothies so much in the summer. Theyre cool and refreshing and yummy! Plus I get a serving of fruit and yogurt.
I dont know why weve been slacking on the gym so much. Its been strange. Hubby doesnt bring it up, and neither do I, so we just dont end up going. I know were both thinking about it...but avoiding it. I dunno if its too hot, or were tired, or just plain lazy. I gotta give the man credit though...he works 10 hour days and starts at 4:30 am. Then he has a second job on his days off.

I have signed up for some business courses starting next month, and in October Im going to a seminar in South Carolina. Im going to do everything I can to make my business work. Thank you to everyone for all your great encouragment after my last post.

Well, I think Ill go fill in my bio.

Take care lovely ladies!

Michelle
Old 07-31-2003, 08:11 PM   #10  

Mel,
I skipped your post somehow.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Five whole pounds!
Okay, Im inspired again.........
Old 07-31-2003, 09:15 PM   #11  

Mel- What wonderful news!! 5lbs. I'm doing a little happy dance for you!!! Isn't it amazing when we think the worst and then we get the happy news of pounds lost?? I'm so happy for you. Hearing others experiences truly gets me going you know?? Of coarse, I don't see myself heading out the door to go to the gym.....

Michelle- I feel exactly the same as you. When it gets to hot out, your motivation to go to the gym just goes out the window. The idea of sweating on purpose when I'm already sweating doesn't appeal to me. I know that's a poor attitude, but that how I've been lately. Plus, we put our membership on hold. I know that's not an excuse to get in some kind of workout, but I think I'm doing pretty good with all this house work. Which by the way is looking fantastic! The floors are getting put in and the wallpaper in the kitchen got started. It looks amazing compared to when we started. I was told we should be able to move in by next week!!!

I also agree with not eating as much in this heat. I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are all at, but it's been hot here in Oregon. And we're the rainy state!! But for the eating, my sweetie decided to get some sandwhich makings for us so I could at least eat something. All good stuff. He made sure he bought turkey for me while he got himself some Roast Beef. I love that guy. And he bought veggies to pile on it! I coudn't have asked for anyone better!
I have been doing really good with the water lately. But I have to admit, that something must have been on my mind today because I usually grab my big bottle of water to take to school and I left it in the car all day. By the time I was out, I could have taken a bath with that water!! (soo hot)

Jana- I hope you have some good news about your DGD. Been praying that she'll get better. By the way, thank you for letting me know what a sticky was. I'm learning. Did you get rid of the recipe thread??

Well I should get myself a sandwhich. I'm actually feeling a little hungry. More thirsty than anything. I hope all are doing well. Hope we hear from Kayecee and Tonya and all the others that I haven't quite got the names down yet, once they find this little corner of ours.

Marti
Old 07-31-2003, 09:51 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Mel - WAY TO GO!!!! See, you're doing MUCH better than you thought. And you have been so busy - getting used to a new job and all the other things in your life, too. Maybe you could use the crock pot some of the time for a good home-cooked meal. I use mine a lot so the kitchen doesn't get so hot.

Cristi - hey, come on over with that vacuum! My dust-bunnies are multiplying! The twins are different too, but so close! They have already started their own "twin speak".

Michelle - are you excited about the business course? I would be! My DH is a professor at the local college and I used to take classes there. I loved getting out of the house and feeling like I was improving my mind. Too bad I didn't retain a darn thing, lol. What kind of seminar are you going to? I assume it's business related....

Marti - we eat lighter when it's this hot, too. Tonight we had chicken tacos. And I eat a Skinny Cow every night after dinner. I don't share them, either. BTW, the recipe thread is still there....

Well, here's the latest on Makenzie. She is on a new, stronger antibiotic, and they are going to take her blood tonight and twice tomorrow to see how it is working. The poor little thing looks like a pin cushion. And to top it all off, Son-in-law is scheduled for a vasectomy tomorrow bright and early. And they don't dare put that off! So DD is feeling pulled in all directions, and here she is, almost 7 months pregnant!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you guys, who I have never even met, are pulling for my little sweetie. You guys are the BEST!!

Once again, I didn't get nearly enough water today. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 08-01-2003, 12:49 AM   #13  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi folks--I'm sorry to hear about the sick little peanut. I'll send good voo-doo her way
(Hoping that doesn't offend anyone--its an expression.)

I was on a mini-eating binge yesterday, but not too badly, and I was back on track today. Its hot and I've not wanted to eat much, so I'm now down to 211ish--hooray! I really REALLY want to see under 200 sometime soon. I also want to see my waist go down--its at 43" right now--down an inch since my highest weight of 230.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:31 AM   #14  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Right now I'm gearing up for two things: my eldest is taking der driver's license road test on Monday, and the same child is flying (by herself!) to New Mexico on Tuesday. I don't know which I'm more anxious about--she's never flown before and the flight has a layover, so that makes me rather nervous--I don't want anything to happen to her on her layover, or for her to miss her connecting flight.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:52 PM   #15  

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday. I just got done cleaning house. Luckily I didn't have much to do since DH did a bunch while I was at work the other night. All he left me to do was running the sweeper, sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor, wash a few pans and finish the laundry. He is so wonderful about helping around the house while I am working, I have so many friends whose husbands wouldn't lift a finger around the house if their lives depended on it. We sat down last night and figured up how much I would bring home if I take the job at General Mills (manadory 7 days a week, 12 hours a day indefinitely). I think I'm going to take it if they call, we can have our house paid off in a little over a year, then I'll quit and find a job with saner hours. It will be nice if we can get the house paid off 20 years sooner.

Kat, Wish your DH good luck on the driving test for me, please. I know you can't help but worry about the flight and layover, but kids are a lot more independant and knowledgeable than most of us give them credit for. Is she going to New Mexico to visit relatives? If it helps ease your mind, depending on how long her layover is, you can always ask that she call you. Congrats on the weight loss!! Isn't it strange how we can "cheat" and still lose weight?

Marti We usually eat lighter when it's hot too. Who wants to eat something hot or heavy when it's so miserably hot outside?

Jana Hope your DGD is feeling better soon, I'll send some positive thoughts to your DD and DSIL. I know a vasectomy is an outpatient surgery, but is there any way the hospital would let him have a bed in her room after the surgery so he can recuperate? That way your DD could be with both of them.

I'm going to get off here, I hear the hot peppers we picked from our garden the other night calling my name, asking me to put them in the dehydrator.

Ta ta, Mel
Closed Thread