View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
sontaikle
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

When you have a lot to lose it's pretty common to lose more than 2lbs per week, but it usually averages out to 2lbs when you're all said and done. 100lbs in a year is a little less than 2lbs per week anyway.

I lost at a rate of 1.8 pounds per week, but if I break my weight loss into chunks, I lost at a rate of more than 2lbs per week in the beginning, and less than 2lbs per week at the end. I'm not actively trying to lose, but I do seem to be losing about a pound or two a month now.

If you're just overweight (or even normal according to your BMI) and not obese, then you probably shouldn't lose more than 2lbs per week. If you are obese then just from changing your habits you're probably going to lose a lot more each week. Just remember that say, 5lbs for someone who is 250 pounds is much different than 5lbs for someone who is 150 pounds. the 5lbs of the 150 pound person make up a greater percentage of their body weight and thus it will probably be harder for them to take the 5lbs off. The 250 pound person might lose 5lbs in one week.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote