Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Weight and finances

Anyone find when they are in the frame of mine where it's "who cares, I don't care anymore" their finances also suffer? I find when my weight is suffering, my finances are the same. I get in the frame of mind where I just dont care. Don't care how I eat, don't care how much I spend, don't care if I gain weight, don't care of the bank account dips low. Ugh.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #2  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Kind of, yeah in so much that taking control of my eating makes me feel like taking control of everything!
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I remember feeling like I wanted someone else to look after my responsibilities, motivate me, take care of me etc. but in reality that would be **** ah its the old if things get too difficult I'll just detach mentally. Its been a dangerous way of coping to me.

I came out of it many a time, I think it was anxiety about running out of money I'd make a plan and then the cycle would start over, I never saw my weight until i was on film, with eating I forgot what I would have eaten an hour before it was horribly unfulfillng.

So its stopped now, mostly. I moved into my own flat and noticed how if I cleaned up I'd feel pretty low about doing it but felt better after, I talked about this with my counselor it was like a hey moment, I do something I don't like for a short period and feel better/less worried for most of the time rather than pushing out what I don't want to do feel worse for longer.

IT must be said there are circumstances where the brain cannot manage and cope it dissociates for survival and continues to, day by day, its okay to have a bad day think of one task at a time.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #4  

This is a very good point. I have noticed that my mind set controls everything in my life. If I have a postitive attitude then everything seems to go well and I'm not as irritated by things I can't control. However, if I'm craby or just in a funk then everything seems to go wrong and each little thing just adds and adds. I guess the law of attraction really works.

Last edited by SnowGirl14; 02-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.
SnowGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I get that way too - not so much with finances, but with a lot of other things. It's another part of that "all or nothing" mentality that I struggle with.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote