Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Wonderslim #7

The old thread was getting long and hard to navigate

Please feel free to pick up where you left off. You can view the most recent Wonderslim support thread here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pack...rslim-6-a.html

You might also want to browse the previous thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pack...rslim-5-a.html

Good luck to all!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Good Morning All

Kinda surprised me to see our old thread closed. Hope everyone navigates to this one.
PLP: I agree with Shero that you need to talk to someone at Diet Direct about the rash. I haven't heard of an allergy to whey protein, but they should be able to tell you if it's common or unheard of. I hope it's environmental or contact allergies so you can continue this journey with us.
Ms. Miller: I started Wonderslim/New Lifestyle on Nov 6. Just had my 13th weigh in and have lost 50 pounds. My loss seems to have now settled between 2 and 3 pounds a week. I still have almost 50 to lose, but even at that...I should be at my goal by mid summer at the latest.
Shero: Running errands today and will stop by either the post office or UPS to ship your box. Will let you know which way it ships.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #3  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

I was surprised to see that thread closed as well! Oh well. :-)

Today is day 3 for me and I'm doing pretty good. I saw someone posted the other day about how horrible they thought the Strawberry shake was and I didn't think it was bad at all, although I doctored it since I saw how many ppl said that from reading posts before I started. I made it with 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, added 1/4 cup cold water, 3 good sized frozen strawberries, 1 Tbsp sugar free Torani vanilla syrup, and 2 handfuls ice. It was pretty good!

Also for the vanilla one I make that the same way except I didn't add the strawberries and instead added a bit of pumpkin spice and a little extra cinnamon. It was so good. mmmmm

I LOVE the apples and cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast! I put 1 packet of Truvia on top and sprinkle in cinnamon and mix and I'm in heaven. And I can't get enough of the spicy mac n cheese, I put a little parmesan cheese on it to mix in, I've had it all 3 days for lunch haha. I also love the chocomint bar.

I am battling some mental cravings today though. The BF is having chicken wings for dinner tonight and I'm trying hard to stick to my guns in saying I'm ONLY eating my lean cuisine steamer meal and then having either hot chocolate or my cheesecake for dessert later.

In other news - I was promoted at my job AND got news that I'm being hired on full time!!! Which means an initial raise through the temp agencies to last through the hiring transition upon whihc I will receive another increase when I'm switched to salary since that's how this company pays it's IT department personnel. I've been doing temp/contractor work for the past 3 years at various companies since it's SO incredibly hard to get a job anywhere so I been going through temp agencies. But this company wants to keep me. I wanted so badly to go out to a restaurant and get a fattening calorie loaded meal to celebrate since that's what my old habits were like...but I didn't allow myself to do that! Instead I made a big green salad with a lil grilled chicken strips and low cal ceasar dressing and for dessert had the "cheesecake". I was a good girl :-).

Hope everyone else's week is going as fantastic as mine is!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #4  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKP View Post
Kinda surprised me to see our old thread closed. Hope everyone navigates to this one.
PLP: I agree with Shero that you need to talk to someone at Diet Direct about the rash. I haven't heard of an allergy to whey protein, but they should be able to tell you if it's common or unheard of. I hope it's environmental or contact allergies so you can continue this journey with us.
Ms. Miller: I started Wonderslim/New Lifestyle on Nov 6. Just had my 13th weigh in and have lost 50 pounds. My loss seems to have now settled between 2 and 3 pounds a week. I still have almost 50 to lose, but even at that...I should be at my goal by mid summer at the latest.
Shero: Running errands today and will stop by either the post office or UPS to ship your box. Will let you know which way it ships.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
It's actually pretty common for people with dairy intolerance to be allergic to whey or lactose..or just intolerant at the "milder" end of the spectrum. I'm casein intolerant (which isn't as common) so if I have to much dairy I get all kinds of bloating and gurgling/bubbles in my tummy and intestines and major discomfort for hours if not a few days after eating it.

I used to like pretending it wouldn't make me feel sick and I was addicted to the frozen frappucino things at Wawa and always got the vanilla creme one which has a milk base and I would drink a large one and within 20 minutes I'd be feeling sick to my stomach and gassy and would have the runs for 2 days. Talk about punishment! haha...don't ask why but I would still get them. i get reactions like this to many foods..mostly when I eat too many starchy foods and foods with wheat/gluten. I'm about 90% sure I have celiac and not just "gluten intolerance" but the GI dr I went to thought it would be a waste of time to endoscope me to check for intestinal damage so i went down a self destructive path binging on food and disrepecting my body which is part of the reason I've ballooned up so badly.

Now that I've gone on that long tangent...my point is basically to definitely listen to your body and talk to a Dr as soon as you feel like something isn;'t right. By continuing to eat foods that are bad for your body and you either can't digest or tolderate you cause damage to your body and then it's downhill from there. I am working on slowly cutting out gluten and casein from my diet - which will take away most of the options for me from the standard american diet ...talk about depressing! But I feel like I need to get my portions and cravings under control before getting too crazy with diet alterations.

Anyway, best of luck in figuring out the hives/allergies!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #5  

Default Congratulations!

Sara:
Congratulations on your new job...but a bigger "attagirl" for not celebrating in a way that would make you feel bad later! Way to go.
Thanks for the information about the diary allergies/intolerance. Hopefully plp's problem will just be contact or environmental.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #6  
TOY

Color me shocked, too, for the change in the thread. It switched out a bit differently last time but I'm still so new I don't know the pattern. I just go to the last page so I don't have any difficulty in navigating. Makes it harder though to go back to respond to others at first...

I almost totally forgot to post today...weird, I know. I'm still in a bit of a limbo stage and plan a total restart tomorrow morning. I think my creating a bit of the "excitement" again is going to help me get back in focus.

Anyway, if my posting is limited in the next few days, it's because I'm hoping to tackle some major housework I've been postponing. I'm not gone for good so no rescue attempts needed but when I'm hungry and tired, I avoid temptation by going to sleep. May be doing several sleep "breaks" the next few days as I restart again.

I'll drop in when I can but for sure by the weekend I should be back in my pattern. Ugh...gotta try something. I'm just wasting this month by the day!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #7  

Default Good Morning:

Toy: It's great to see you back. Sometimes pressing that "reset button" is a good option. Look forward to your posts!

Hope everyone has a successful, on plan, day.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #8  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Checking into the new thread to show support for everyones on plan Thursday! I'm doing full liquid today to give it a try.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #9  
TOY

Reality check this morning...

Up 3 pounds. Disgusted and disappointed with myself but with the last few days of destructive behavior, I do realize it could have been much worse.

Felt like I needed to re-establish a weight since this will affect March 1's weigh in.

Grrr...one foot in front of the other and one day at a time...where along the way did I lose my determination? Don't answer that...I know...unfortunately.

Hope all of you have a great day. I wasn't going to weigh and then I certainly wasn't going to post the result but I decided to act reasonably instead of the immature way that beckoned...you know...the "big girl panties" and all that...LOL

My battery went dead but I'm in the process of recharging it...all puns intended.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/272/185 end of week 1, 266

Height: 5'9

Default day 6

I understand TOY, but im glad youre back on track...Ive been having constant mental battles. im on day 6, and every night when i get home from work, I see my BF having a burger or hot wings or something and i will try to justify having some too with the "OHHH ill just eat it and do atkins" BUT i dont bc i know ive been messin around tryin that for weeeks and dont lose a pound. SO- I eat my LG or my spicy mac n cheese pasta and move on. Im not really sure what me weight loss is bc im using an old scale that is not digital, so if you step on it one way your weight is diff, or if you get off and back on its another weight all together. I THINK im down 8 pounds this week so far, BUT could be more like 5 or 6. Im going to get a digital one today I think. So far i really love all the meals. the only gross thing is the Berry protein drink. it tastes like crushed up flintstones vitamins and smell like medicine. hope all is doing well. I get to do my official weigh in on saturday and will post results next week im not gonna weigh daily.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237.0/232/160

Wow .. I'm sure glad to see everyone here! ((and I was also very disappointed to see the other site closed ~ and a little scared too!)).

Today is my day 5 and I'm doing very well! Got over my cookie blunder the other night and got 100% back on track.

I do have a question for all you WSers ... The book says to have an extra shake or pudding if you find yourself hungry .. well, I had a banana (is that really bad?) I figured that's better than many things I could have grabbed!

Today I had the veg sloppy joe for lunch .. I also shredded some lettuce and chopped 1/2 a tomato and brought that to work in a container ... just plopped the veggie joe mix on top after i heated it, mixed, and viola! - my version of a hot taco salad (it was yummy!).

We'll see how I did this Saturday morning .. I'm still a paid WW member (even though I don't do that program now) .. so, will be interesting to see what my loss is there; I figure I can still use the extra support, its the scale I've been on each Saturday, and I'm paid up for awhile so why not!

Remember to be kind to yourselves, friends <3
Old 02-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #12  

Default Good Morning everyone

Hope everyone is planning a good, on program, day.

I found this blog yesterday and although I know Wonderslim uses mostly whey protein instead of soy protein (like Medifast) I was interested in the recipes she posted. I've already tried the muffin recipe I found on another blog using one package of the apple cinnamon oatmeal and one package of hot cake mix. I added some more cinnamon about 4 oz of water and baked them 12 minutes. They are really good for a change. 2 packages makes 2 muffins, so you get one muffin per serving. I'm looking forward to getting my second shipment from Walden Farms. This time I ordered some of their 0 everything fruit spread. I'll use it on my muffins.

Nowisthetime: It's hard to resist when people around you are eating things you want, but that is going to happen for life. Resisting now strengthens you to resist next time, then before you know it...it isn't bothering you anymore. I've been surprised how much my resistance has grown in 3 months. Well...except for that french toast commercial I'm sure I would break over big time if those came into our house.

Chattie: You could have made a LOT worse choices than the banana. haha
I read something recently that I'm going to apply to my diet plan. If I'm not hungry enough to drink a shake, I'm not hungry. Hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow. We have 3 or 4 now that weigh on Saturday, me included. Tomorrow will be a celebration.

Toy: I'm so glad you're back with us. I miss your posts, I miss your support and the words of wisdom. You had a speed bump in this diet, that's all. I admire your determination to get right back on plan.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #13  

Default Forgot the blog name...

The blog I referenced, with the recipes, is called escape from obesity.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you REKP-I found my support. I thought everyone had left.

Toy you just hang in there-your body is going through something.

For those of you that want to eat other things than Wonderslim I wanted to let you know that I am. Yesterday morning I was at 249.2-that is an 18# loss since Jan 1. This am I was at 251 but I had Chinese for lunch so I think it was sodium "water weight". I am keeping close tabs on my calories. Wonderslim gives me my breakfast and I have been using some Nutrisystem products I got at Big lots. My long term goal is to be able to eat smaller portions.

Hope everyone finds this thread. I was so confused.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #15  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Went to a rock concert out of town Wednesday with a friend and went out for lunch first and then dinner afterwards. It was a planned event we had planned on for a least 3 months and I knew it was going to effect weight loss I had going.......... and it did. Ate at a pretty swanky restaurant in Atlanta for lunch that we had been wanting to visit for a long time, then after the concert we went to Ihop (ouch!) then on the long ride home we stopped at a truck stop that had a 24 hour Arby's (ouch ouch!!) I tried tallying everything the best I could and no doubt i consumed over 5000 calories in that 12 hour period

So, that being said I had a 2 day setback and was up 4lbs, but I just now weighed in at the same weight I was before going on the binge eatout wednesday night, so thankfully I'm back on track and hope to post a small loss by Monday morning which is my weekly weigh in day. BACK ON TRACK-- no biggie and it was totally expected (No more planned outing for a while, but they will happen here and there and I can deal with the ramifications)
Closed Thread