Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1  

Default Green Tea and Yerba Mate

What do you think about drinking green tea? I drink liters of it. I once heard that it helps in your diet and discharge of excess weight but now I drink it because I like it.
Recently I tried Yerba Mate and I must say that it eliminates the feeling of hunger in me and also gives a lot of energy. I'm thinking of drinking Yerba Mate as a supporting diet. Does anyone know if this healthy for a long time?
Maybe someone has tried, and maybe something more to say about this?

I know that Yerba Mate contains so much caffeine stimulates and you may want to use it for exercise such as jogging or swimming
xardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

It is a very healthy drink, to the point that in South America doctors prefer it over tea when you have some digestive problems. As to caffeine, tea also contains it --they are different chemically, but all these drinks contain some stimulant--, so I would not worry that much about that. I drink yerba mate all day long and it has never harmed me...
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

This may be a bit off topic but how much caffeine does green tea contain compared to say coffee or tea?
I recently started drinking green tea, partly because I've heard so much about how it can aid weight loss and there's even studies showing it (although they don't know why it does).. but I'm also trying to gradually cut out caffeine cos it makes my anxiety worse and I've been getting really bad heart palpitations and I'm just wondering how much caffeine green tea has in it as there's not much point me swapping tea for green tea if it's the same or worse!
I'd love to try yerba mate but maybe not if it's packed with caffeine!
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #4  

I drink a ton of green tea. I have not noticed any additional weight loss. I drink it mainly for it antioxidant properties. You can get decaffeinated green tea. I also love my morning coffee and I found that, combined with caffeinated green tea was an anxiety nightmare for me.

Yerba mate did a great job curbing my appetite but made me real jittery. Didn't dig it.
indycountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/180/130

Height: 5'3"

I read an article in Women's World about the benefits of green tea. It said to drink 9 cups of green tea a day to lose weight. It actually did help me by jumpstarting my weight loss journey and I lost about 20lbs in a month and a half but I got sick of drinking it. The article mentioned that it boosts your metabolism, but I'm sure since i was dieting and exercising it worked much better. I still drink it, but not nearly as much as I used to. I love the way it gives me a good, clean feeling energy as opposed to coffee which makes me feel negative and sometimes makes me crash. Also, I don't recommend you drinking green tea quickly. Spread the cups out during the day but be sure that you're going to be using all of that energy later on in the day.

Last edited by ManicMinx; 02-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.
ManicMinx is offline   Reply With Quote