Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Default Abnormal reaction to food.

I just spent the weekend with my sister in utah for heart surgery and made the decision ahead of time to eat regular food with my family and get back on protocal when I got home. My question is, my first meal which consisted of a steak green beans and sweet potatoe (loaded) . Everything was going fine until I stood up to leave. I emediatly got very dizzy and sick to my stomach. I barely made it to the bathroom with out passing out. I felt a bit better after sitting for awile. Breakfast again a bagle on the run to the hospital had me seeing spots. Before this I have been on protocal 100% for about a month. Anyone else have any experience with this? Since being home and back on protocal I feel so much better though a bit more hungry again..
mlseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #2  

I should add I am using eas shakes instead of packets and following all other requirments...
Old 02-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Having never cheated I would imagine you shocked your system.

Sorry if I sound harsh but why in the world would you think that you wouldnt be sick after being in ketosis then throwing heavy carbohydrates and fat into your organs? That is why there are steps and phases to reintroduce your system back to eating.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Lots of people believe in carb cycling, going in and out of ketosis....there is some good validity to it, so I don't think that was why you were ill.

Maybe you are getting sick? Or perhaps you are intolerant to some food you ate both times?

I would keep track of everything you eat, especially when you are finishing ip and see if you can figure it out.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #5  

I figured it would be a shock to my system but was really surprised at how much. I expected maby diarea. I've been back on po since tuesday. I was really concerned that it might be something that will be ongoing after the diet. It did however fix my platue. I had been stuck for about a week and a half, I'm down another 2 pounds.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Could be a few things. A larger than normal meal, stress, higher altitude, not enough water. I took my packs to the hospital for my meals after surgery. I was starving and had 1 sip of the choc drink and just about lost it. Not the same thing you went through. However, our bodies do have a way of telling us to take it easy - and sometimes we don't listen! Glad you're home and better! Hope your sis is doing fine, too!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #7  

the same thing happened to me the second week on IP. I was shopping with my daughter and bent down to pick up a paackage and when i stood up I'm not sure how i didn't pass out. The sales person got me some water and a chair from the dressing room, but i stayed super lightheaded for several hours.
sekidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidder View Post
the same thing happened to me the second week on IP. I was shopping with my daughter and bent down to pick up a paackage and when i stood up I'm not sure how i didn't pass out. The sales person got me some water and a chair from the dressing room, but i stayed super lightheaded for several hours.
You need more sea salt! Keep some packets with you, but to avoid the sudden drop, make sure you are getting enough throughout the day, even if you have to open a packet and put some on your tongue.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #9  

She's doing Great! Thank you. She has parkensins white and had to have some extra pathways destroyed that go though her heart. She has a beautiful 3 month old baby boy Avery I took care of for her while we were there.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
You need more sea salt! Keep some packets with you, but to avoid the sudden drop, make sure you are getting enough throughout the day, even if you have to open a packet and put some on your tongue.
Thank you for the help. I wasn't using much salt.
sekidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #11  

And I'll put together a packet of salt and keep it in my purse, that didn't even cross my mind! Thank you!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #12  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

When you phase off this diet, play with some of the ingredients that were on your loaded potato. Often we are sensitive to food items we are not aware of because we eat them all the time. This diet is a very low allergy diet. Except for the soy and eggs and well nuts, most of the foods we are eating are low allergy like the meats and veggies.

I have found that I will feel very good when I eat healthy but once I introduce unhealthy foods or richer foods I immediately feel sick to my stomach. I believe the later phases slowly re-introduce things like nuts and dairy and wheat.

You are used to eating pretty clean now and your stomach might like it. It was probably trying to reject the loaded potato. Go easy on yourself and your stomach.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote