Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Home of the 100% Vol. 2

Hey everyone, I am thrilled that I am having to open up another Vol. for this. It is good to know that we have so many dedicated to themselves and the program. Everyone of us have COMMITTED to ourselves to STICK to the PROGRAM 100%......Congrats to each and everyone of YOU!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Thanks Lisa.

It's just so nice to be surrounded by others who are as committed as I am. After 20 weeks of not eating one thing that isn't on plan, well lets just say this is so second nature now for me.

My mom wonders how I'm going to handle all of that food on our upcoming cruise. What she doesn't get is that for the last almost five months I have been continually surrounded by food I can't eat and I watch others eat it all of the time. I have off limit food right here in my own kitchen as my son and husband aren't on IP. Just tonight my husband brought home some chocolate covered peanuts and raisins for my son and himself to share while watching a movie. Neither of them need to diet, so why should they be denied. Of course it might be much more challenging if I was newer to IP, but like I told her, "getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
"getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."
That's a great way to look at it!! When hubby and I went to Red Lobster last night I could tell hubby wasn't sure if he was okay eating the biscuits and the brownie that came with his meal, but honestly I had no problem turning them down. Had you told me pre-IP that I would be able to go there and NOT eat the biscuits (which are my favorite) or the brownie, and get a salad with no dressing because I forgot to bring my own I would have said you had lost your marbles. But last night it didn't even feel like a sacrifice because I know what I'm working towards and I'm going to get there!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I agree that being 100% feels good. It makes you feel like YOU are in control. The progress that one makes on this plan IF you follow it is amazing. Thank all of you for the support!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #5  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Well said. That is the way I feel too. Today is a bake sell for our baseball program, so yesterday I came home to a kitchen full of cupcakes and frosting...but, I chose weight loss/health instead of cupcakes...and went to yoga!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, can't believe we already made to 500+ post...so happy to his our "home"

So lets make room for the newest member of the 100lbs lost club I barely made it but still did

Going to check out the tattoo place today, so excited! Not sure if i'll get it today cause it depends on how much it is but if not today in the next couple of weeks!

went shopping at my friend's house last night, she's lost 20lbs so her clothes are too big so i got them all. There's some size 15 shorts that fit but are a bit loose at the waist so probably too big by the summer but they have a belt. Got 2 new pairs of pants, 2 capris, 1 skirt (all size 13), a few shirts, super happy

Have a great week-end everyone!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 02-11-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

So lets make room for the newest member of the 100lbs lost club I barely made it but still did

Going to check out the tattoo place today, so excited! Not sure if i'll get it today cause it depends on how much it is but if not today in the next couple of weeks!

went shopping at my friend's house last night, she's lost 20lbs so her clothes are too big so i got them all. There's some size 15 shorts that fit but are a bit loose at the waist so probably too big by the summer but they have a belt. Got 2 new pairs of pants, 2 capris, 1 skirt (all size 13), a few shirts, super happy

WOOHOO!!!!!!!.....YOU DID IT!!!!....Congrats on making it to the 100lb club!!!....strange to think about it isn't it? Just a few months ago you were carrying 100LBS and never thought you could lose it.....So in the last nine months 4 or 5 of us....myself, JellyMae, Ishbel, Busymom and rollercoaster if there is someone else I am missing I am sorry...these names come to mind....but congrats to EVERYONE!!!.....It can be done!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

Absolutely wonderful!! You should certainly be proud of your accomplishment. Let us know how the tattoo goes! I hope to be a member of your exclusive 100lbs lost club!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Had to post here too, so true.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #10  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Default Finally joined!

I've been a huge fan of the site since I started IP and I finally joined. And I'm glad to be 100% IP because it totally pays off in the end, yayness!!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thanks Lisa.

It's just so nice to be surrounded by others who are as committed as I am. After 20 weeks of not eating one thing that isn't on plan, well lets just say this is so second nature now for me.

My mom wonders how I'm going to handle all of that food on our upcoming cruise. What she doesn't get is that for the last almost five months I have been continually surrounded by food I can't eat and I watch others eat it all of the time. I have off limit food right here in my own kitchen as my son and husband aren't on IP. Just tonight my husband brought home some chocolate covered peanuts and raisins for my son and himself to share while watching a movie. Neither of them need to diet, so why should they be denied. Of course it might be much more challenging if I was newer to IP, but like I told her, "getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."
Right on!!! I'm very much in the same boat - my 2 boys and DH aren't on a diet nor do they need to be....they have the occasional treat, and I still make cookies for them! That was a HUGE NSV for me, when I realized that I can still enjoy baking and watch them enjoy the baking, but I didn't have to have any!! So liberating! I'm around lots of tempting food also - work, home, movies, LIFE in general - but I have my eye on the prize and want THAT more than I want the food. Lisa made a good point, the food will be there when we're done and we'll be able to control it!! Way to go keeping OP!! Your cruise sounds wonderful!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
That's a great way to look at it!! When hubby and I went to Red Lobster last night I could tell hubby wasn't sure if he was okay eating the biscuits and the brownie that came with his meal, but honestly I had no problem turning them down. Had you told me pre-IP that I would be able to go there and NOT eat the biscuits (which are my favorite) or the brownie, and get a salad with no dressing because I forgot to bring my own I would have said you had lost your marbles. But last night it didn't even feel like a sacrifice because I know what I'm working towards and I'm going to get there!
I wanted to go to Red Lobster last night after you mentioned it here yesterday, but my daughter refused because of the biscuts. I was just going to tell them not to bring them. We ended up instead at a steak place which was very tasty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Right on!!! I'm very much in the same boat - my 2 boys and DH aren't on a diet nor do they need to be....they have the occasional treat, and I still make cookies for them! That was a HUGE NSV for me, when I realized that I can still enjoy baking and watch them enjoy the baking, but I didn't have to have any!! So liberating! I'm around lots of tempting food also - work, home, movies, LIFE in general - but I have my eye on the prize and want THAT more than I want the food. Lisa made a good point, the food will be there when we're done and we'll be able to control it!! Way to go keeping OP!! Your cruise sounds wonderful!!!
"Eye on the prize", I like it!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!

Last edited by Lorilou; 02-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Lorilou--so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I can not speak to the symptoms but hope you feel better soon.

I am on day 11 of and have stayed OP. I feel better than I have in years. It is actually quite remarkable. Was it really all those carby carbs that made me feel so bad and sluggish?? I am rediscovering foods I forgot that I enjoyed. My cooking of vegetables is improving. I spent the day training the dogs and feel so good when I normally would have been in bed by now.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

WOOHOO!!!!!!!.....YOU DID IT!!!!....Congrats on making it to the 100lb club!!!....strange to think about it isn't it? Just a few months ago you were carrying 100LBS and never thought you could lose it.....So in the last nine months 4 or 5 of us....myself, JellyMae, Ishbel, Busymom and rollercoaster if there is someone else I am missing I am sorry...these names come to mind....but congrats to EVERYONE!!!.....It can be done!!!!!!
So very proud of all you ladies reaching that huge milestone of 100. So very inspiring, way to go
Closed Thread