South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 12:46 PM   #1  
Imagine...

Angry Rewards

Are you planning any rewards for yourself when you reach goal? I am doing 10 pound rewards with small stuff like new jeans, manicure etc... With the grand prize of a trip to Aruba

What are you doing for yourself?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:51 PM   #2  

getting married....

Di
Old 07-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #3  
Mous

My reward will be a healthy way of life something I have wanted to reward myself with for years.

Lady
Old 07-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #4  

I have also done the 10 pound rewards, such as a manicure, massage, new shirt, new tennis shoes, new video, etc. When I reach goal my hubby is giving me $10 for each pound lost to buy a new wardrobe!!! Three more to go and I'll get $580.00!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm going to get a divorce and marry Idealperson's husband.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:58 PM   #6  

Ellis...you're a card!! What would we do without you?

I like the small gifts every 10#. Go visit my family up in Atlanta, with all new clothes! Thats exciting enough!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:02 PM   #7  
Imagine...

ditto with Ellis... hehehe.

Ideal ~ I love your quote!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:26 PM   #8  
In Control: E+R=O

I love the idea of small rewards at each 10-pound mark! What a great way to give yourself incentive to keep going, and also to reward yourself for a good job. I'm going to do the same thing.

When I reach my goal, I'm going to reward myself with a shopping spree.....first stop will be Victoria's Secret, and then on to find lots of fun new clothes. Maybe I'll even buy a......(gasp).....Bathing Suit! I can't wait!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Well, right now the money is still pretty tight so the treats are allowing myself to buy stuff that helps keep me on track. Today I bought coconut flavoring, and a few SF pudding and jello boxes to make some of those yummy desserts you have all been making!!! Once DH starts his new job and we have saved a bit of money I think I will move to Ottawa into Ellis' apartment and just live the life of leisure!!!! But seriously (scared you, didn't I Ellis?) Probably I'll invest in some new clothes!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:38 PM   #10  

Lightbulb reward

I read a thread on preventions forum that talked about making a beaded necklace with the beads SBD on it. Then for every pound lost you could add a colored bead. for each week that you follow SBD you can add a gold bead. Someone even suggested you buy small sea shell like beads. It might be an inexpensive way to motivate me!!! I might try it.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:47 PM   #11  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I think the idea of setting small goals and rewarding yourself for meeting them! But for me it works better if my goals aren't weight loss oriented, but behaviorial. That way the scale isn't in danger of ending up in the trash. So, if I meet my goal of talking a walk every day this week I think I'll just have to have a nice, long bubblebath! I'd had to scrub the tub first, but what the heck...I'm worth it! He he

Some of the stuff I have planned as rewards are:

A manicure (first I have to grow some nails!)

A new bathing suit in something other than black

A picnic at the park with my 7 yo son!

A session with my sewing machine...guiltfree

We have already booked a cruise for our 10th anniversary, so I guess that will be my BIG reward!

Ellen
Old 07-30-2003, 09:31 PM   #12  

Hi ladies:

I'm with dentrassi ... mostly broke and buying stuff that keeps me on track is a treat ... and I have clothes in 3 different sizes so unfortunately a shopping spree is out ... I think maybe a really nice piece of jewelry ... some kind of pin to represent my accomplishment.

Congrats didi on the wedding ...

Can I get Idealpersons husband after Ellis???
Old 07-30-2003, 10:04 PM   #13  

I think my end reward is going to be getting my entire wardrobe altered. I better start saving now. (I'm kind of a shop-a-holic. There's no way I could replace all these clothes. I love them all too much!!)

Maybe each 10 lbs. will constitute a 30 minute massage. That sounds pretty good. I only have 6 lbs. to go for my first.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:36 AM   #14  

My father-in-law also offered my husband and me $10 for every pound we lose before Christmas. And with that and some money I've made having purse parties, I want to buy a new (very expensive) lens for my camera!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 07:20 AM   #15  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Thumbs down

I like JEVIOLET's idea of the bracelet,,,i think I'l make me an anklet..I lost 20lbs earlier this year and had my nelly button pierced at a tatoo parlor ..Think I'l get me some new bobbles this week for my 1st great week on SBD...Most of all,I want to save my reward money so i can go to Canada and hang w/ELLIS IN HER ROCKSTAR CASTLE GOFISHIN
Closed Thread