Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Share Your Story

I thought maybe we could share our stories....

I wasn't always a big girl. I was quite thin until my twenties when I found out that I had cervical cancer. My husband is a musician and while we were traveling I would get enough food at the gas stop to last me to the next stop and then the cycle began....the weight started to come. Of corse I didn't try to do anything about it. I figured my husband said that he loved me no matter what and that was it....wrong...... The weight kept coming and my husband did not like it at all. I tried PhenPhen, it worked, I lost almost all of the weight that I gained and then I stopped taking it, slowly the weight crept back. Instead of trying to take care of it then, I once again let it go. Then I tried weight watchers, was not the plan for me. I then went to LA and did thier plan with much success, I lost 50 pounds. Then I began to have issues at work and stopped the plan and once again the weight came back and then some. Hubby still not happy about it. He was concerned about my health. He sees the troubles and struggles my mother has and he did not want me to be like that. Finally I found this site, I lurked and read for months, I researched and researched until I couldn't find anymore. I was miserable, I did not want to go anywhere, I was happy and content just sitting at home. I didn't like to go out with my husband anywhere because I didn't feel good enough to go out, I was so ashamed of myself for letting me get this way. I have wasted so many years of my marriage on hiding and I have finally had enough!!!!! So in November I decided that I would give this a try. I finally was in the right mindset to do this and I will succeed in it. I have learned to control my hunger, I have learned what is the right things to eat and what is not. I have learned that I control Food, Food does not control me, I control it. I know that from now on it will be a long journey and I will have to make sure that I control the food to keep myself from gaining and to stay healthy. Since starting this plan, I have had no problem with my acid reflux, with my IBS and with migraines (which I got 2-3 times a week every week all of my life.) I have more energy, I like getting out now. I now know and understand that I am totally worth it! And no one nor not one pound is going to take this feeling away!

Last edited by rissimo; 02-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Thanks for sharing...I'm pretty sure everyone can relate to the cycle of losing weight/gaining it all back - I know I can!

I, too, did LA Weightloss with great success...I lost 36lbs and felt wonderful. But sadly, when I stopped the program, the weight came back.

After lurking on here, I decided to end this battle once and for all - I DON'T plan on gaining the weight back this time!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Started IP 1-29-12

Height: 5'8

My name is Nicki and I'm only 30 years old but I've been on many diets and have been "dieting" and self aware of my weight since I was 7 years old. Sounds crazy but believe me, it's true! In October of 2008 I reached an all time high of 263lbs and I was a size 18. I am 5'8 and have an athletic build so I have always been able to "carry it well" but I've never been happy in my own skin and certainly wasn't happy at 263lbs. In November 2008 I started taking Phentermine and exercising religiously. By January 2010, I was down to 168lbs and in a size 6womens/8juniors. I was only 8lbs away from my goal (160lbs) when between August 2010-January 2011, I crept back up to 194lbs. This time last year, I went on the Dukan Diet and lost 17lbs which put me down to 177lbs. After never finishing Dukan properly, I held fast at 177lbs but ended up starting IP on January 29th 2012, at 186lbs. I know that if I would have continued on Dukan, I would have lost the weight. I know that my body responds well to low carb/low fat diets, however, the idea of all of that animal protein and fat free dairy totally makes my stomach turn thinking about it. That's why I am so grateful and RELIEVED to have found Ideal Protein Diet. I am so excited to finally complete my weight loss journey that began in November 2008. Thank you for listening and good luck to you all. I'm excited to get going and to be able to participate more so on this forum!

Last edited by Chix; 02-08-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

I am 56 years old and have never thought of myself as fat. Overweight yes, but you know the stories.. You should love yourself as you are! I have rollercoasted for too many years. I took off 50 lbs about 6 years ago, but that came back. I've done just about every diet out there.. Ally, Atkins, South Beach, HCG Hoodia, Acai, Lichi Fruit, and I've lost weight on all of them. BUT I always gain it back. I did some research about 6 wweks ago and IP was the ONLY diet that the "critics" did not slam. They only said... if it teaches you how to eat healthy and stay healthy then it is a good diet. So now I'm into week 4 - I found this fantastic website- and for the first time I feel like I have some real support while doing this. I haven't gotten discouraged like I usually do after 2 or 3 weeks. I know I can do this and I know I can keep the weight off because I have gotten so much advice (just from lurking!) Thanks to all of you for your support!

Just a quick question - do proti-thin foods work the same as the IP foods? They sure are cheaper!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/177/130

I'm 38 years old and have not always been overweight. I really didn't have a problem until pregnancy with my first child. I gained about 80 lbs and have had trouble with losing and maintaining every since. I have tried just about every diet that exists I think...low cal, Atkins, PhenPhen, WW, the Cabbage Diet, the Lazy Ladies Easy Diet (basically Atkins), the Bread Lovers Diet, and many others with only fleeting success. I have a strong family history of obesity but an even stronger determination that my story will ultimately be different. I'm so grateful for this site and for IP!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #6  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Default My IP journey

I started IP on January 14th after "outgrowing" my size 20 pants over the holidays. At 278 lbs, I was the heaviest I had ever been.

I am so excited to by in the homestretch of week 4, having lost 15 lbs my first 3 weeks...and so excited to have found this community for support during my journey...and beyond weight loss to MAINTENANCE...the part that I need to learn the most about!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone!

I was always a very thin child, and slender and athletic teen until I hit about 20 years old. That year, my father passed away. My weight went from 130 at 5'8" to 160. Then, after my father passed, I was in a very horrible marriage and my weight continued to creep up. In my later 20's, I went through a divorce and was up to 220 lbs. After my divorce, I tried many diets....Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss, etc. Lost a few lbs then went through another bad relationship....only to come out of it with 230 lbs. I tried Medifast and HCG injections and did well on both but gained the weight back. I met my wonderful husband and we had a beautiful son. I am very happy in my life, just not happy with my appearance and being unhealthy. Now, I am at my all time high of 266 (starting IP) and now I am down to 246. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am pissed at myself for getting to this point but am dedicated to IP and looking forward to the me that has been hidden for so many years under a bunch of fat.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #8  

Thank you for shraing your stories. We all are in the same boat. We all are "sick and tired of being sick and tired" all the time, as well as being sick and tired of being over weight. WE CAN DO THIS and WE WILL DO THIS and succeed in it. WE ARE SO WORTH IT!!! It's about time that we do something for ourselves.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/157/130

Height: 5'2"

I was always the chubby little sister of my super skinny older sister. Even after 2 babies she's smaller than I ever was at my smallest. From middle school to high school I lost about 30 lbs and was 125, I was so confident and everyone complimented me on how great I looked. Through high school I would gain weight but exercised and lost it. I entered college at 125, looked great, exercised regularly and then of course got the freshman 15. That led to the Sophomore 30 and I was about 160 when I joined my sorority And exercised and ate healthy and was 140 and I looked good. Then I got a boyfriend. -____- I was about 165 when I started the low Cal diet with the b12 injections and appetite suppressants. And it worked but as a college student it was too expensive so when I stopped I gained the weight and then some.
I found IP thanks to a living social deal on 1/5/12 after being my heaviest on NYE, and am so grateful. I've lost 15 lbs my last weigh in last week and am so excited to lose more. That's a third of my goal. I've gotten my bffl on the diet and she's gotten more of her confidence back, and I found 3FC, tho I mostly lurk, I learn so much everyday!

I hope to be bikini ready by Spring Break, and probably would've quit if it wasn't for the motivating ladies here on 3FC!

Last edited by maddie2; 02-09-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I've always been heavy..in my early 20s i lost weight doing WW and made it to 130lbs, then in the same month that i made lifetime member, i became pregnant and it then became a free for all and gained all 85lbs i had lost. After that, i never really tried to lose weight...got pg with my 3rd child at 260lbs. Over time, my ex and I would do WW on and off and 5 years ago we separated and i continued on my own and made it to 197lbs which is when i met my dh. In the past 5 years...the weight crept back up, i tried to do WW again a few times but the weight would just not budge...even on my first weeks i would lose less than 2lbs.

In march 2010, i saw a dr. and was accepted for weight loss surgery...was on a waiting list to have it done through medicare (I'm actually still on that list as i haven't been called yet).

When i go to work, i pass by a gym there they have IP advertized, after about a year of passing by twice a day everyday, i thought that i would read up on it and then check it out. Told the girl i was waiting for weight loss surgery so this was my last resort/try diet.

And i am SOO thankful cause after almost 7 months, i've lost almost 100lbs and didn't need surgery.

Side note: I've been watching the new TLC show "my 600lbs life" and all i can think of is had I not started IP, one day that could've been me.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I've always been heavy..in my early 20s i lost weight doing WW and made it to 130lbs, then in the same month that i made lifetime member, i became pregnant and it then became a free for all and gained all 85lbs i had lost. After that, i never really tried to lose weight...got pg with my 3rd child at 260lbs. Over time, my ex and I would do WW on and off and 5 years ago we separated and i continued on my own and made it to 197lbs which is when i met my dh. In the past 5 years...the weight crept back up, i tried to do WW again a few times but the weight would just not budge...even on my first weeks i would lose less than 2lbs.

In march 2010, i saw a dr. and was accepted for weight loss surgery...was on a waiting list to have it done through medicare (I'm actually still on that list as i haven't been called yet).

When i go to work, i pass by a gym there they have IP advertized, after about a year of passing by twice a day everyday, i thought that i would read up on it and then check it out. Told the girl i was waiting for weight loss surgery so this was my last resort/try diet.

And i am SOO thankful cause after almost 7 months, i've lost almost 100lbs and didn't need surgery.

Side note: I've been watching the new TLC show "my 600lbs life" and all i can think of is had I not started IP, one day that could've been me.
You're doing awesome Busy. Thank you for sharing your story as well. Keep up the good work and being another big inspiration for everyone!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

Thank you for sharing your story! So inspirational!!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #13  

I'm a man and I'm 50, and I never understood why I was fat and always gradually gained weight and why. I never understood why I was so hungry all the time, why skinny people could eat and not gain weight, why calories in and calories out never worked for me no matter how much exercise I did. In other words why so many diets for me failed all the time. I never understood the chemistry that went on in my body, until that is when I watched Big Fat Fiasco from Tom Naughton, several documentary presentations from Sally Fallon from the Weston A. Price Foundation which you can see on youtube.

I'm 50, and now I understand, I understand why IP works and how it works and why IP is a perfect fit. I'm finally finding out that for 50 years I have been lied to, manipulated and misled by the Lipid Hypothesis group, by self preserving interest groups and by self serving opportunistic greed.

I'm 50 and I'm learning to start over with a new understanding on how food works, how calories work, how fats works, how carbohydrates work, how trans fats work, how saturated fats work, how protein works and how my body's chemistry works and why.

I'm 50 and I can tell you that for the rest of my living life, my food choices will be based on a low carb, low sugar diet. I'm 50 and in a matter of weeks I'm already off my high blood pressure pills, I can tell you that my knees are not hurting anymore and that I can walk and do elliptical much better, I can tell you that I no longer have cravings for high carb foods and sugar like I use to. I can tell you that my quality of life from now on will be much better, I can also tell you this, in my 5th week I'm well on my way to having lost 30 pounds because I now know.

Thank you for listening and that's my story.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Thanks for sharing these stories and for the support. I am soooo happy to be "doing" this diet with others! This is not something I would have done in the past. I was never fat or everweight - not even after my two children were born. It wasnt until I realized what was happening in my marriage (Not gonna go into all that) Anyways, I am now married to a wonderful supportive man who thinks what I am doing is great. So thanks to all of you for this help - I still find it hard to believe that I open up about this stuff, but there it is!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #15  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
I'm a man and I'm 50, and I never understood why I was fat and always gradually gained weight and why. I never understood why I was so hungry all the time, why skinny people could eat and not gain weight, why calories in and calories out never worked for me no matter how much exercise I did. In other words why so many diets for me failed all the time. I never understood the chemistry that went on in my body, until that is when I watched Big Fat Fiasco from Tom Naughton, several documentary presentations from Sally Fallon from the Weston A. Price Foundation which you can see on youtube.

I'm 50, and now I understand, I understand why IP works and how it works and why IP is a perfect fit. I'm finally finding out that for 50 years I have been lied to, manipulated and misled by the Lipid Hypothesis group, by self preserving interest groups and by self serving opportunistic greed.

I'm 50 and I'm learning to start over with a new understanding on how food works, how calories work, how fats works, how carbohydrates work, how trans fats work, how saturated fats work, how protein works and how my body's chemistry works and why.

I'm 50 and I can tell you that for the rest of my living life, my food choices will be based on a low carb, low sugar diet. I'm 50 and in a matter of weeks I'm already off my high blood pressure pills, I can tell you that my knees are not hurting anymore and that I can walk and do elliptical much better, I can tell you that I no longer have cravings for high carb foods and sugar like I use to. I can tell you that my quality of life from now on will be much better, I can also tell you this, in my 5th week I'm well on my way to having lost 30 pounds because I now know.

Thank you for listening and that's my story.

how old are you again?! just kidding.... great story!
Closed Thread