Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/9/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by NavyMommy; 02-10-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!!

Wow, it sure is quiet around here this morning!! I hope everyone is doing well. Busy day ahead for me, but prepared and ready to go with IP. I love all the energy I've got since I started IP. This morning I needed to go to the store, and instead of packing the kids in the car, decided we would just walk. Trust me, even though it's not far this is something I never would have done prior to IP.

Also planning on trying a 'green smoothie' for lunch today. This nasty case of laryngitis is still hanging on and I just don't think I can eat my typical 2 cups of raw veggies with lunch. I think I can get a similar effect with 2 c. Spinach, the Vanilla Shake packet, ice, and maybe a little MiO for fruit flavoring. I used to have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast so hopefully this will fill that craving.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #3  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good Morning!!

Also planning on trying a 'green smoothie' for lunch today. This nasty case of laryngitis is still hanging on and I just don't think I can eat my typical 2 cups of raw veggies with lunch. I think I can get a similar effect with 2 c. Spinach, the Vanilla Shake packet, ice, and maybe a little MiO for fruit flavoring. I used to have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast so hopefully this will fill that craving.

Good Morning!

Hope you feel better soon. Your green smoothie sounds delicious. Will need to try that sometime.

WI #6 will be tonight. I'm not too optimistic for a big number, but I'll take what I can get. Might try going off restricted foods next week if WI isn't so great. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #4  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Good Morning!

Hope you feel better soon. Your green smoothie sounds delicious. Will need to try that sometime.

WI #6 will be tonight. I'm not too optimistic for a big number, but I'll take what I can get. Might try going off restricted foods next week if WI isn't so great. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, everyone!
Good luck with your WI! I am on day 4 today, so far so good!! I am still getting some headaches but am drinking lots of water and doing the sea salt so hopefully they subside! I have also cut down a lot of coffee,so I am sure that has something to do with it!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Good morning

I am ready for a new day. I was very hungry yesterday don't know why however I was 100% OP. I have been using sweet n low in my lemon water is that a problem? I only do it once a day as a little treat. I did try the cereal pancake and it was very good. I am hoping to do a little exercise tonight and get back in the swing of things not that I did alot before but I did do some. Have a great IP day.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 149.6/137/120

Height: 4'10"

Goodmorning all!!! Tried the Kale Chips last night....they were a hit with EVERYONE, and I think my husband and three boy's are pretty picky! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #7  
Joined IP 1/09/2012

S/C/G: 236/196/180

Height: 5'7"

GM have a great OP day!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone

Patns I had a good laugh at wrestling over the protein drinks at costco, course neither one of us would recognize each other - I'm not as hairy as my photo shows... ha ha. Have you ever found the vanilla drink at costo? I'm up at 5:20am but wait until 8am to have my protein shake, If I had it any earlier I'd be starving way before snack time - wonder if I should try having it within 30 mins....

Vamprist I hope the protein drinks are helping with the weight loss, if you look at my ticker I have been loosing and finding the same pounds for the last month and have been 100% so the average definately isn't exciting but I'm truly happy that it is moving down. I'll keep you posted.

This week I'm going to do 100% alternatives even though I still have IP stock at home, just want to see what next weeks weigh in will bring

Have an awesome Friday everyone - oops guess that only implies to the people working 4-10's
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #9  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good Morning!!

Wow, it sure is quiet around here this morning!! I hope everyone is doing well. Busy day ahead for me, but prepared and ready to go with IP. I love all the energy I've got since I started IP. This morning I needed to go to the store, and instead of packing the kids in the car, decided we would just walk. Trust me, even though it's not far this is something I never would have done prior to IP.

Way to go on walking to the store! I would be interested to hear how the green smoothie works out. Sometimes I just can't stomach the thought of more veggies, so that might be a nice option.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Well, it has been 1 week on IP and 8lbs down!! I feel really good too. My old knees have been bothering me though and they remind me that losing the extra weight is so important if I want to keep doing the things I love.

I read somewhere on the forums that using a lot of the allowed sweetener can slow weight loss. Is this true? Flavored water is tasty as in the Propel drinks. I have a carb addiction for sure. Hot tea with sweetener really helps me with wanting sweets. I guess I am just delaying swithching away from the sweet crave, but it has helped me stay OP.

What do you guys know about all that?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
I am ready for a new day. I was very hungry yesterday don't know why however I was 100% OP. I have been using sweet n low in my lemon water is that a problem? I only do it once a day as a little treat. I did try the cereal pancake and it was very good. I am hoping to do a little exercise tonight and get back in the swing of things not that I did alot before but I did do some. Have a great IP day.
My coach only allows Stevia, because it's natural, but once in awhile I will have Splenda. I would definitely stay away from Sweet n'low because of the aspartame.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #12  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Default Prices

Hello All,

Does anyone know if coaches have a SRP for their products? Can they pretty much charge whatever they want or does there have to be some consistency? None of my invoices are detailed and I want to make sure I'm not getting gouged - I paid $30.57 for a box of 7 cookies n cream bars. Does anyone have a price list? or know of where one could be online?

Also, is the maple oatmeal a restricted item?

Have a super day!

Last edited by nineonline; 02-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #13  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Stay away from aspartame... splenda and stevia are fine.

Beanie... not having restricted snacks does not help, it hurts if anything.
I had a restricted EVERYDAY I was on the diet.
Wuv has had them since the beginning as well.

There are all these myths that people say you have to or don't have to do to make it better.
I try to bite my tongue and not say much when it comes to them but the restricted thing comes up so much.

Just ask if you aren't sure or if you are thinking of trying something.
But then wait for the input to see what has worked for others.

As usual, this is all just my opinion and based on my experience.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiedela9 View Post
Goodmorning all!!! Tried the Kale Chips last night....they were a hit with EVERYONE, and I think my husband and three boy's are pretty picky! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
I burned my kale chips last night

In response to the Cauliflower Popcorn questions from yesterday

GLOMOR: I left some to get cold, they got a little chewy, so I think you could make them before you go and be fine but I wouldn't make them hours and hours before

GRASSFEDBEEF: they are not crunch, its a cross between chewy and "melt in your mouth"
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
Hello All,

Does anyone know if coaches have a SRP for their products? Can they pretty much charge whatever they want or does there have to be some consistency? None of my invoices are detailed and I want to make sure I'm not getting gouged - I paid $30.57 for a box of 7 cookies n cream bars. Does anyone have a price list? or know of where one could be online?

Also, is the maple oatmeal a restricted item?

Have a super day!
Oatmeal is restricted...as far as the prices go the clinic buys it at a certain price, there is a recommended price to charge but each clinic can charge differently.
Closed Thread