Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #1  
On my way down

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Hit a plateau on Ideal

Hello everyone. This is my first time on any kind of community website so I apologize if I'm not doing this correctly.

I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss. But again, no pounds lost.

I'm beginning to feel incredibly frustrated and discouraged. My coach is great and always positive but I still feel blah.

Has anyone had this issue or can give me any suggestions? Do I quit the program for a few days and start again? Keep going and hope for the best? Start exercising?

If anyone can provide some insight on this, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you so much!
Vamprist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

What is a daily menu?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #3  
On my way down

I start with 2 cups of water before anything else.

Breakfast, I'll have a cappo drink or the omlette with green tea
Lunch - 2 cups of broccoli with the Broccoli and Cheese Soup with 2 cups of water
3 pm - Usually the 1 day item but instead I have the chocolate pudding with 2 cups of water
Dinner - 5-7 oz of beef, chicken or tuna with 2 cups of bok choy and peppers with 2 cups of water

An additional 2 cups of water with the detox pills.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamprist View Post

Lunch - 2 cups of broccoli with the Broccoli and Cheese Soup with 2 cups of water
3 pm - Usually the 1 day item but instead I have the chocolate pudding with 2 cups of water
Dinner - 5-7 oz of beef, chicken or tuna with 2 cups of bok choy and peppers with 2 cups of water

I responded to your post on the other thread about this.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #5  

Quote:

what detox pills are you talking about? suggestions......
1) up your protein to at least 8 oz
2) make your pudding into a shake with ice in a blender
3) add 2 egg whites somewhere in your day
4) start back on your restricted
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #6  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

Try no broccoli.. another member mentioned that she cut it out and started lossing again.. wrotrh a shot anyway!
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #7  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
what detox pills are you talking about? suggestions......
1) up your protein to at least 8 oz
2) make your pudding into a shake with ice in a blender
3) add 2 egg whites somewhere in your day
4) start back on your restricted
I was told clients go on a detox after 4 weeks of being on the program. It's $70 for 21 days... I hope I didn't get ripped off here.

It's called Novi-Renal, Novi-Lax, and Novi Pur; a directic, purative, and a laxative.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will give those a gander tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #8  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post
Try no broccoli.. another member mentioned that she cut it out and started lossing again.. wrotrh a shot anyway!
I've been living on broccoli since I started. I'll also cut that out and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #9  

Quote:
I was told clients go on a detox after 4 weeks of being on the program. It's $70 for 21 days... I hope I didn't get ripped off here.

It's called Novi-Renal, Novi-Lax, and Novi Pur; a directic, purative, and a laxative.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will give those a gander tomorrow.
ummmm......ok.....from what I have read on here it doesn't make a difference, but it may work for you...I've been on IP for 9 months now and have NEVER had a detox
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I didn't like the cleanse. It did not help me and I stopped it after 10 days.

Maybe add a salad and ensure you are having some oil as dressing. Too little fat can be a problem.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Where are you getting your oil in? I would make sure that you're getting the entire amount, I know one member in particular wasn't losing and then added the oil back in and started losing again. Also, I would up your meat to 8 ounces (raw) and add the restricted back in. Maybe try that for a week and see what happens?
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'4"

I know it seems counterintuitive that you should add something, but if your calories are quite low, your body can go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism to hold onto weight. I would add salad, make sure you're getting your oil, up your protein (more meat or add egg whites). Let us know how you do - I'm sure you're going to bust through the plateau soon. Don't give up.
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #13  
On my way down

The oil was never mandatory where I go. It's an optional choice. However, I will start using it in addition to the egg whites. I started my morning with two large glasses of water and the egg whites and olive oil. I feel great today after last night's advice. No longer depressed and disappointed. Thank you again to everyone! This place sure makes the world of difference I will keep everyone posted!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Have you been at your current weight before for any amount of time? Often the body remembers, and it takes some time to push through it. It's happened to both my daughter and myself. Also as someone mentioned, don't cut your calories (this is already a low calorie diet), your body will go into starvation mode and not budge for awhile. Make sure you get in all of your oil as you need that fat in your diet and on the current phase 1 sheet it is compulsory. Also make sure you get in 8oz. of protein, no less and eat some protein at least every 4 hours. I bet you will see the scale move soon, it has to on this type of diet.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:

You might also want to try not having your pudding at 3 pm and save it for the evening about an hour or so before bed. And if you have to have something to snack on in the afternoon, maybe have 1/2 cup - 1 cup of your veggies, or 2 boiled egg whites.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote