Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #1  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 02/08/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #2  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning!! Today is Day 3 on program, so far so good!! Have a great day everyone!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Good Morning

Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

I guess I HAVE finally had enough and my mindset has changed.

Last edited by rissimo; 02-08-2012 at 07:26 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #4  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to my yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

Way to go! You are rocking this!
Ducksmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #5  
itsallhis

Morning Peeeps!
Here's hoping everyone has an OP day!
When you are totally at peace with yourself, nothing can shake you."
Be unshakeable!
My home scales finally moved, we shall see what Saturday brings!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #6  

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to my yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

congratulations! I too really like smelling the food I can't have. It seems like my taste buds are satisfied just have the...essence?...of the food. :P
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #7  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning Peeeps!
Here's hoping everyone has an OP day!
When you are totally at peace with yourself, nothing can shake you."
Be unshakeable!
My home scales finally moved, we shall see what Saturday brings!
BE UNSHAKEABLE!!!!! Love this!!!!
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I had my second WI last night and am down another 4 lbs for a total of 11.2! I'm very excited!! Happy OP Wednesday everyone!!
ipsbest4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #9  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

That's awesome! Good job!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

Hopefully finally kicking this sinus / allergy / cold thing I've been rocking for a week now. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and woke up feeling much better, but I have no voice. It's so annoying, and I think my raspy voice / whisper is scaring my 1 year old!

I decided to switch it up a bit this morning and am having the Mango RTD, and it is delicious! It actually feels great on my sore throat, I highly recommend it! I don't know what I am going to have for lunch yet, but I have some delicious baby kale from the farmers market Saturday that needs to be cooked so I see kale chips in my future!

WTG rissimo on the temptation. I've realized that as I go forward on this diet things that I never thought I would be able to resist are not nearly as tempting. I think once you start to see results (at least for me it's this way) there is no way you want to go backwards! KWIM?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

ipsbest4me - Congrats on the WI!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #12  

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,

Total control!!! Great job!!! I hope I can be as strong as this moving forward!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post
Good morning everyone! I had my second WI last night and am down another 4 lbs for a total of 11.2! I'm very excited!! Happy OP Wednesday everyone!!
Congrats on your loss!!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #14  
itsallhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post
Yeeeeee hawwww! Good Job!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #15  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

That's great, congratulations and keep up the good work!
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote