View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #157
heliosmommy

S/C/G: 197/177/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
Ladies I too agree with all your replies to Kara. I am a RN who has struggled with my weight since I was 6 years old. I have tried just about every diet out there at one time or another. While I do not have the extreme challenges some of you face I still have to make conscious decisions every day about my health and diet. I have been blessed as of now, I have not had ANY side effects from IP 7weeks and continuing. What I need to understand is the question of exercise! Can someone please give me your recommendations/experiences while in the various phases of IP and exercising. My coach stated that it will slow my progress. I am also going on a cruise the end of the month and am trying to make sure that I DO NOT unlearn my positive behaviors.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Debbie
Granted I have only been on IP for 4 full weeks now, but I've been seeing a personal trainer 3 days per week all but the first week and have been losing weight well, averaging 4 lbs per week. My coach said I could incorporate training as soon as I felt strong enough to. She did say the weight loss per the scale may slow, but that doesn't mean transformation isn't happening. Since muscle ways more than fat, as I build muscle it may seem that I slow in losing weight, but the inches will be the real proof. Also, since the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn (even while resting) that its a great benefit to the protocol. She said to just keep up the protocol and the scales would start moving again soon.
heliosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote