Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/199.9

Height: 6'1

Default New To It All

Hey,

So I joined this program "Ideal Protein" yesterday cause a few co-workers had lost a great deal of weight over a not bad span of time. This isn't to bad so far, though Im only on sorta 2 day....I eat some weird oatmeal this morning and holy crap Im still so hungry...I can hardly wait till lunch, I got the chicken soup, got the veggies and salad ready...3 hrs to go till Mikey gets his food lol!!

The lady that signed me up was so exciteable about this program, all the weight Im gonna lose, all these great things!!

Im curious tho what she meant about

1) Day 4 being rough?
2) I can lose 5-10 pounds a week???
3) She just weighed a guy in and he lost 16 Pounds in 1 week??...am I on that tv show, cause that seems insane and not normal!
4) These extreme weight amounts, will i get sick...I heard 2 pounds a week is normal and healthy!!

Sorry guys for the new guy stuff, but this place looks amazing!
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Hey,

So I joined this program "Ideal Protein" yesterday cause a few co-workers had lost a great deal of weight over a not bad span of time. This isn't to bad so far, though Im only on sorta 2 day....I eat some weird oatmeal this morning and holy crap Im still so hungry...I can hardly wait till lunch, I got the chicken soup, got the veggies and salad ready...3 hrs to go till Mikey gets his food lol!!

The lady that signed me up was so exciteable about this program, all the weight Im gonna lose, all these great things!!

1) Day 4 being rough?
3) She just weighed a guy in and he lost 16 Pounds in 1 week??...am I on that tv show, cause that seems insane and not normal!
4) These extreme weight amounts, will i get sick...I heard 2 pounds a week is normal and healthy!!

Welcome... 1)day 3-4 may be rough because your system is ridding itself of the toxins and you may begin to have sugar/carb withdrawls. You may get a headache, if you do, take 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of seasalt in the palm of your hand, lick it off and then drink some water and it should subside within 20 minutes.
2)You will lose alot the first week and then it may drop some after. Some do have big losses each week and other will have big losses, then only lose a little and then big loss again. Men ususally lose more than women. Everyone is going to lose differently.

3) The first week is usually water weight.

4) No you will not get sick. This is a healthy way to lose weight fast and teach you how to better eat once you are in maintence.

You have to follow the plan 100% in order for this to work properly, no cheating.

Good luck on your journey, and we are always here to help you along.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #3  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Welcome... 1)day 3-4 may be rough because your system is ridding itself of the toxins and you may begin to have sugar/carb withdrawls. You may get a headache, if you do, take 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of seasalt in the palm of your hand, lick it off and then drink some water and it should subside within 20 minutes.
2)You will lose alot the first week and then it may drop some after. Some do have big losses each week and other will have big losses, then only lose a little and then big loss again. Men ususally lose more than women. Everyone is going to lose differently.

3) The first week is usually water weight.

4) No you will not get sick. This is a healthy way to lose weight fast and teach you how to better eat once you are in maintence.

You have to follow the plan 100% in order for this to work properly, no cheating.

Good luck on your journey, and we are always here to help you along.
Welcome , This above is all great info! Kepp saying to your self, this is not forever! You can do this. This first week is hard, sometimes into the second week, but You get better!
Ducksmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey,

1) Day 4 being rough?

If you're really starving between breakfast and lunch, have some of your veggies, herbal tea or 2 egg whites. Especially the first week when your body is adjusting. Soon, the time between breakfast and lunch will go by and you'll be amazed how you're not hungry!

Good luck!
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #5  

I can have egg whites? it wont mess me up for this "ketosis" thing Im aiming for?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 146/131/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Hey,

1) Day 4 being rough?

Days 3 & 4 are usually the roughest (although it depends on the person), but those feelings are temporary and they will pass! The stomach growling will subside significantly in a few days. 2 lbs a week IS normal on Ideal Protein, and it is perfectly safe because it is fat loss and not muscle. Who wouldn't agree that losing body fat is good??

Good luck! I hope you find a lot of support and tips here on this forum!
lkander2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #7  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Quote:
I can have egg whites? it wont mess me up for this "ketosis" thing Im aiming for?

yes, you can have egg whites.... they are 'free' like lettuce but *I* wouldn't have any more then 3 a day... if you are super hungry have some!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #8  

What other free items can I have?? Im getting excited lol
Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #9  

Quote:

No egg whites will not mess anything up, just do not go overboard on them.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #10  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Quote:
What other free items can I have?? Im getting excited lol
you can eat unlimited quantities of lettuce and like mentioned, a few egg whites to get you through if you're hungry
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Couple of questions for you:

1. How much do you weigh?
2. Are you on any meds?
3. How much water are you drinking - really

A few tips:
If you're starving, EAT. You can have up to 5 packs a day depending on how much you have to lose. Don't go crazy. If I am hungry I will eat 1 cup of my lunch veggies in between breakfast and lunch and drink some hot tea.
You do not have to have breakfast items for breakfast, lunch items for lunch. I have pudding for lunch most days as I cannot stand the soups.
You can make a pudding into a shake and give yourself more volume to last longer. I make the vanilla pudding with 10oz of cold coffee and a dash of cinnamon and add ice cubes. It's thicker and takes longer to drink.
Take a look at the recipes - there's a ton of them!
No, egg whites will not mess up ketosis. Ketosis is the body burning fat for energy. When you're in ketosis some of the things you will feel are lots of energy, thirsty, cold, clear-headed, NOT hungry!
I would not expect to lose 10 pounds in a week. Although, it's happened. It will not happen every week.
Take measurements and pictures. You'll be glad you did. If you feel like you're not losing any weight, remember to check how your clothes are fitting.

Check the Daily Thread - ask questions there - everyone checks in there and you'll get answers fast and you'll learn a ton, too!

WELCOME - the ride is a blast!

Oh and one more thing. Cheating on this plan will cost you. Stay on plan. It's not forever, it's just for now. The food will be there later and you know what? You might just find that it doesn't taste as good as you remember.
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #12  

Hey,

Just allergie medications when needed!!

I weight 227.4 pounds

I drink 2-3 glass's a day maybe, apperently Im to drink more on this diet...being honest they are cup glass's of water so it isn't much!!

Im just so freaked about this day 4 stuff Im gonna go through, lol...but Im just as freaked that when we did all the numbers and measurements I have a body of a 67 year old which is ok to be 67 years old...but...im 29!!!!

What I did today was I just took my meat that Im to have at dinner and I used half of it at lunch to make a stir fry with the veggies and a few of the allowed spices..I feel 100% better...so now I still have a soup, pudding, salad, veggies and half my meat to go today and its 12:07 pm...I feel like thats alot left...but 2 of them are the packs and I dont have to have them I think unlese I need to right?...like Im drinking water till dinner and I had the rest of the meat with salad and veggies am I ok till the morning?

Sorry to be so chatty here, I think Im excited and scared at the same time!!

How can I make the little goal weight tracker thing on the bottom?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #13  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
Couple of questions for you:

1. How much do you weigh?
2. Are you on any meds?
3. How much water are you drinking - really

A few tips:
If you're starving, EAT. You can have up to 5 packs a day depending on how much you have to lose. Don't go crazy. If I am hungry I will eat 1 cup of my lunch veggies in between breakfast and lunch and drink some hot tea.
You do not have to have breakfast items for breakfast, lunch items for lunch. I have pudding for lunch most days as I cannot stand the soups.
You can make a pudding into a shake and give yourself more volume to last longer. I make the vanilla pudding with 10oz of cold coffee and a dash of cinnamon and add ice cubes. It's thicker and takes longer to drink.
Take a look at the recipes - there's a ton of them!
No, egg whites will not mess up ketosis. Ketosis is the body burning fat for energy. When you're in ketosis some of the things you will feel are lots of energy, thirsty, cold, clear-headed, NOT hungry!
I would not expect to lose 10 pounds in a week. Although, it's happened. It will not happen every week.
Take measurements and pictures. You'll be glad you did. If you feel like you're not losing any weight, remember to check how your clothes are fitting.

Check the Daily Thread - ask questions there - everyone checks in there and you'll get answers fast and you'll learn a ton, too!

WELCOME - the ride is a blast!

Oh and one more thing. Cheating on this plan will cost you. Stay on plan. It's not forever, it's just for now. The food will be there later and you know what? You might just find that it doesn't taste as good as you remember.
Good tip about the vanilla pudding!!I can't wait to try that.. Yesterday I mixed the vanilla drink and coffee and it definately did not come out the way I hoped!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #14  

Also is there a specific area of recipes here on how to make puddings, soups it needs work and oatmeal?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #15  

Quote:
Hey,

Just allergie medications when needed!!

I weight 227.4 pounds

I drink 2-3 glass's a day maybe, apperently Im to drink more on this diet...being honest they are cup glass's of water so it isn't much!!

Im just so freaked about this day 4 stuff Im gonna go through, lol...but Im just as freaked that when we did all the numbers and measurements I have a body of a 67 year old which is ok to be 67 years old...but...im 29!!!!

What I did today was I just took my meat that Im to have at dinner and I used half of it at lunch to make a stir fry with the veggies and a few of the allowed spices..I feel 100% better...so now I still have a soup, pudding, salad, veggies and half my meat to go today and its 12:07 pm...I feel like thats alot left...but 2 of them are the packs and I dont have to have them I think unlese I need to right?...like Im drinking water till dinner and I had the rest of the meat with salad and veggies am I ok till the morning?

Sorry to be so chatty here, I think Im excited and scared at the same time!!

How can I make the little goal weight tracker thing on the bottom?

You still have your evening meal, and have a snack to go. I usually have a shake an hour before bed as my snack. It helps to keep the hunger at bay thru the night. You need to drink ALOT more water, that is a must.

Don't worry about the day four stuff, you may not have any problems, not everyone does, but if you do, at least you know what is going on and what to do about it.

Go to the daily chat threads and read read read, you will find a wealth of information there.

The hunger WILL begin to subside once you go into ketosis, honest.

You have to be a member for 20 or 25 days before you can get the tracker.
(someone correct me if I am wrong)

Quote:
Also is there a specific area of recipes here on how to make puddings, soups it needs work and oatmeal?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html