Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #1  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 02/07/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #2  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning!! Today is my day two on IP. So far so good but I woke up with a really bad headache! My coach said this may happen but wasn't expecting it day 2!

Have a great day everyone!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning!! Today is my day two on IP. So far so good but I woke up with a really bad headache! My coach said this may happen but wasn't expecting it day 2!

I had that, too. It lasted for about 3 days. I was told to put a little sea salt in water and drink it.
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiipa View Post
I had that, too. It lasted for about 3 days. I was told to put a little sea salt in water and drink it.
Thanks I will definately try that!! I am thinking it may also be due to caffeine withdrawals.. I usually drink A LOT of coffee per day but yesterday I only had a small one in the morning.. Regardless thanks I will try the sea salt in water!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #5  

I finished week 2 and had my wi last night. I've lost a total of 11 1/2lb and 5.5in. If that is not motivating, I don't know what is
So I was able to taste my first 'crunchies' and I was sooo excited to eat something salty. I will start my walking now and bought me a new pair od Nike's as a reward and motivator to get active.
Have a wonderful day
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #6  

Quote:
Thanks I will definately try that!! I am thinking it may also be due to caffeine withdrawals.. I usually drink A LOT of coffee per day but yesterday I only had a small one in the morning.. Regardless thanks I will try the sea salt in water!!
If you drink your coffee black, you can continue having it but don't count it as water. I have not given up my 2 cups in the morning. Decaf headaches are horrible. I hope you can put that behind you soon. While it may seem hard to believe now, you will feel VERY GOOD after you get over this hump.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi#12

Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning, another .6 pounds are gone. My body this time around does not seem to want to let go of this weight. But that's ok, .6 is a heck of alot better than 0. I may have to try and switch some things up this week and see it that helps. I have been eating pretty much the same things for dinner.

I am feeling so much better since I have started this plan!! Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #8  

Quote:
If you drink your coffee black, you can continue having it but don't count it as water. I have not given up my 2 cups in the morning. Decaf headaches are horrible. I hope you can put that behind you soon. While it may seem hard to believe now, you will feel VERY GOOD after you get over this hump.
Thank you I can't wait to be over the hump! I drink a LOT of water throughout the day, so I don't count it as that.. I do put a tiny bit of skim in my coffee.. I tried adding some of the vanilla drink mix instead as I saw that suggested somewhere but it didn't taste very good that way!!! So for now I will stick with my skim/coffee!

Last edited by Kellym1021; 02-07-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #9  

Quote:
I finished week 2 and had my wi last night. I've lost a total of 11 1/2lb and 5.5in. If that is not motivating, I don't know what is
So I was able to taste my first 'crunchies' and I was sooo excited to eat something salty. I will start my walking now and bought me a new pair od Nike's as a reward and motivator to get active.
Have a wonderful day
That is so motivating!! 11 1/2 lb gone good for you!! It is stories like this that keep me going!! Congrats!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago and I felt awful for about 3 days. When that fourth day came along I could not believe how much better I felt. So much energy!
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

Feeling bloated and blah this morning Probably a combo of the salt in my dinner last night (soy sauce) and this bug I'm fighting off. I couldn't believe it but I went to bed at 8pm last night, I can't remember the last time I did that!

I'm heading out this morning to meet up with a moms group play group. It's always a little awkward because I'm the only one at the table not eating, but I just tell them I already had my breakfast (which is true) and most people don't say another word. See? No one cares as much about what's on your plate (or what's not) as you do! Don't let this diet kill your social life!

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #12  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning all! I hope eveyone has a GREAT OP day!
Did some ressearch on Ketosis and went and got the ketostix..... I am in Ketosis.... great to be able to check. Even though the more H2O you drink the more diluted it gets. Even though my home scale has not moved I am keeping on keeping on. :smile:
Ducksmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Morning all! I hope eveyone has a GREAT OP day!
Did some ressearch on Ketosis and went and got the ketostix..... I am in Ketosis.... great to be able to check. Even though the more H2O you drink the more diluted it gets. Even though my home scale has not moved I am keeping on keeping on. :smile:
I checked myself for ketones every day for the first few weeks, was so excited when I saw trace. Some days if I don't drink as much water as I should it will show small - but it really shouldn't get any more than that. Loving this diet!!
TFBeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #14  

Question for you all.. I am only on day 2 of IP and still trying to figure it all out. If I were to spread my 5-8oz of dinner protein out a little bit throughout the day, that is ok right? For example if I were to do:

Early morning - one of the drinks for example Vanilla Drink
Mid Morning - egg whites w 1c spinach, coffee w a tiny bit of skim
lunch - 1c veggies, soup packet, lettuce w/few pieces of grilled chix 2oz
snack - one of the drinks or bars
dinner - 4oz chicken or other protein from list, veggies, salad

Would this still be considered on program? My issue is 5-8oz of protein is quite a bit a night, and I tend to be more hungry during the day.

And I also read somewhere that Egg Whites are free, and to add a little veggies to them would make a nice meal..

From reading different posts it sounds that as long as you have your 3 packets and pay attention to the restricted items, you can move your meat protein around a little bit? Thoughts?? Thank you all in advance!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:

Welcome.. Your headache will get better, just put 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt in the pal of your hand, lick it off and then drink some water and it should subside within 20 minutes. Your body is getting rid of the toxins and begining to have withdrawls. Once you get past day 3-4 it will be smooth sailing from there.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote