Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Zumba 30 day Challenge

Hi all

Join me in my 30 day Zumba Challenge. No....it is not as "challenging" as it sounds

I've just embarked on this journey to a new me

So for a start, I've decided to do a little Zumba every day! I started on Monday - so this is officially Day 4! I've made it a challenge to myself to "Zumba" a little even if it is just for 20 minutes a day. Having 2 little kiddos at home makes it a little difficult to get out on time for the Zumba classes so I bought the DVD set and choose one of the routines everyday.

It's awesome that I get to exercise AND enjoy it at the same time. Who knew! And boy can I shake that booty of mine!

Last edited by Saisha; 02-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

Girl, I'm with you on this challenge! Although I do more jiggling than shaking! Haha!

I generally go to the Y to do Zumba (they have classes everyday), so kudos to you for doing it at home! I need the group atmosphere or I'll give up to easily.

I'll be excited to see where we are in 30 days!!
strngsrvrbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by strngsrvrbird View Post
Girl, I'm with you on this challenge! Although I do more jiggling than shaking! Haha!

I generally go to the Y to do Zumba (they have classes everyday), so kudos to you for doing it at home! I need the group atmosphere or I'll give up to easily.

I'll be excited to see where we are in 30 days!!

Let's do that! I'm excited that I have even 1 person in on this with me! I think I have to say Kudos to you because I haven't had the courage yet to join any of the zumba classes at my gym due to the "jiggling" so the safe route has been my home. I'm hoping that I will join the classes in a couple of months. Do you go every day????
Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

I go as often as the Y has classes. I love it! You should try it! I was so afraid the first time because I can't dance and am so out of shape. I had no idea what I was doing. I stayed in the back of the class, but it was fine. Everyone pretty much worries about themselves, and if you stop for a second and watch, everyone there looks as crazy as you feel! I find myself at home the next day dancing around my house to the zumba moves.

Are you wearing sneakers at home when you do it or? There is so much jumping/bouncing, I can't imagine doing it without, but then again, you will be inside your house.
strngsrvrbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by strngsrvrbird View Post
I go as often as the Y has classes. I love it! You should try it! I was so afraid the first time because I can't dance and am so out of shape. I had no idea what I was doing. I stayed in the back of the class, but it was fine. Everyone pretty much worries about themselves, and if you stop for a second and watch, everyone there looks as crazy as you feel! I find myself at home the next day dancing around my house to the zumba moves.

Are you wearing sneakers at home when you do it or? There is so much jumping/bouncing, I can't imagine doing it without, but then again, you will be inside your house.
I hope to have the courage to join a real class soon - maybe in a couple of months if I'm lucky

I actually do it bare feet at home - not sure if it's a good thing but it feels totally comfortable to me. The only challenge is doing it with my 18 month old trying to climb through my legs and imitate my moves dangerously! LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #6  
Writing my success story

I finally ordered the DVDs after doing a few classes. I really didn't want to order another set of workout DVDs but I really enjoy the classes and thought I'd do them at home. It's so much more fun than walking on a treadmill.
allabouttheskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

I've been doing Zumba everyday since January 1. So its not even a challenge for me. I just gotta keep going

Zumba is fun!
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'7"

I love my Zumba class so much that I decided to sign up for the zumba toning class as well. I've just started Zumba this month and next week I'll be going 3 times a week for an hour each time. I'm also curious to see what kind of results I'll have at the end of the month with this new exercise! Count me in!
Anagard011 is offline   Reply With Quote