Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend 4-5 Feb 12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Well, am I the only one up this morning? If I don't get up the same time everyday, my desire to workout fades! I like to get it in early so I don't have a chance to change my mind or not 'work it in' during the day! good luck on weigh ins to day! Hope you all have some sunshine in your day! Try to find a NSV in your life today! I have to say my cellulite is is becoming LESS noticeable! Ya hooooo!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default sons birthday

Yesterday was my son's 19th birthday. he wanted to go out and eat. eeeeeeek I have not been in a resturant for 2 weeks. It was ok however when ordering a salad you have to ask them to leave off the cheese, bacon and croutons. I didnt so i picked through it and ate what I could. then he wanted pizza for dinner and cake. It was a though night but I made and I feel very proud today for doing so. I am so excited about the new life ahead of me it is going to be worth it let me restated that it is worth it. I want to say thank you to everyone that posts becouse it helps me through the day.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

My NSV for the day- my scale is moving downward and I am feeling great! My jeans are fitting a lot looser! And, my overall mood has definitely changed. Anyone notice how much their mood has changed? A more positive outlook?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning. It's the weekend. I am a Monday thru Friday worker, so this is my time off. I'm excited, as hopefully, my husband and I can trade off this huge car hauler truck we've had for a year now. I'm tired of it being in front of the house and never used. We love classic cars and have 10 we dabble with. We thought we might be able to use a car hauler, but it hasn't been needed. I know, how does this relate to IP? I'm barely started on my weight loss journey here, but I'm excited (13lbs in 18 days) and I need to lose as I can't get in and out of some of our classics. I guess people were smaller then. It's frustrating to have to struggle to get in and out of the cars. I'm thankful for this forum and the love and support all show here. It helps me everyday. Every have a great Saturday.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
My NSV for the day- my scale is moving downward and I am feeling great! My jeans are fitting a lot looser! And, my overall mood has definitely changed. Anyone notice how much their mood has changed? A more positive outlook?
Absolutely. At least about my health and my body -- work still sucks .

The steady supply of protein instead of the roller coaster that sugars cause is AMAZING.

OH! It wasn't until I saw my post that I realized that I am at the 25 lb mark!! That is exciting.
I remember not too long ago lamenting to people that "I just wish I could lose 30 pounds," and now I am almost there. I have already planned a long weekend with my sister to go shopping. WOO HOO!

Last edited by Survalia; 02-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I am new to IPD and the forum.

This is my third day on IP. I am still learning how to prepare things and going through my choices. I keep referring to my materials so that I can get it right!

Amazed that I feel pretty good today. Needless to say a diet and a restricted one at that, is a far cry from my bad eating habits. But, though I had determined not to "suffer" while losing weight, I find I am starting to feel better. I believe I read that you feel better once you get stabilized on the diet. Perhaps I am getting there.

Hope everyone is having a super start to the day! I'm glad I found this forum! I am willing to look for support anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to being a loser!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #8  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Morning All,

Happy OP IP Saturday!!!!

Well officially my 9th day on the plan, and I have lost 10 pounds on my home scale this morning! Happy Days,

Feeling great on the plan, and the meals are yummy!

Have a great weekend to all

Cheers/S...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

My sinuses are acting up, which has me feeling really icky. Bleck.

But at least the cops managed to keep the school from being shot up. So there is always a bright side I suppose.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #10  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Absolutely. At least about my health and my body -- work still sucks .

The steady supply of protein instead of the roller coaster that sugars cause is AMAZING.

OH! It wasn't until I saw my post that I realized that I am at the 25 lb mark!! That is exciting.
I remember not too long ago lamenting to people that "I just wish I could lose 30 pounds," and now I am almost there. I have already planned a long weekend with my sister to go shopping. WOO HOO!
Congrats on the 25 lbs!!! Have a fun time shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning everyone! I am new to IPD and the forum.

This is my third day on IP. I am still learning how to prepare things and going through my choices. I keep referring to my materials so that I can get it right!

Amazed that I feel pretty good today. Needless to say a diet and a restricted one at that, is a far cry from my bad eating habits. But, though I had determined not to "suffer" while losing weight, I find I am starting to feel better. I believe I read that you feel better once you get stabilized on the diet. Perhaps I am getting there.

Hope everyone is having a super start to the day! I'm glad I found this forum! I am willing to look for support anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to being a loser!
Welcome to the forum and to your new life. Yes, this lifestyle is a restricted one on paper, but it is only as restricted as you want it to be. Meaning, there are so many things you can do with the packets that literally transform them. Check out Finn Steven's recipes, you'll be glad you did. Just had the crispy cereal pancakes this morning...yummy! Give yourself some time and trust in the program and you'll be amazed at how well you feel. It sounds like you are on your way. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Morning All,

Happy OP IP Saturday!!!!

Well officially my 9th day on the plan, and I have lost 10 pounds on my home scale this morning! Happy Days,

Feeling great on the plan, and the meals are yummy!

Have a great weekend to all

Cheers/S...
10 lbs in 9 days is GREAT!!! Congrats and glad you are feeling so great. I agree with you that most of the meals are yummy...I'm not a big fan of the soups, except the chicken soup. Of course, I haven't tried them in over a month, maybe I'll have to revisit them. =) Congrats again, great job!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #11  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

So second WI only down a 1 1/2 but lost 5 more inches! Not sure what I did wrong last week?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Re the crispy cereal pancakes hmt mentioned above, that has been a favorite of mine for months. I also love making a rhubarb "cobbler" with the oatmeal passage. The other day I read where some made the cobbler with the crispy cereal and I tried that. I couldn't believe it!
It is just like an upside down rhubarb cake.

I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I never liked to cereal as a cereal but it is a life saver in the recipes.

Pat
Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/145/120

Height: 5'2

Last night I watched the documentery "Fat, sick, and nearly dead." It was all about juicing. I do own a juicer and used to do it more regularly, but I don't know if that'd clash with ideal protein because you juice fruits too. Maybe it'd be better for maintenance phase?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Posted this in another thread but wanted to put it here too!!

I am so excited this morning I have to post! Had my WI yesterday and officially lost 1.4 pounds. Off my goal by 1.6 pounds which was a bummer cause I really thought I'd hit P2 last week. Told my coach that when my home scale hit goal I was switching right away and she agreed.

So last night I was really hungry - you know those times when you feel like you could eat anything and everything (didn't help that I went to the store and bought all the boys their superbowl stuff - go pats). BUT I stayed OP and got through the night. Long story short (kinda) I got on the scale this am and I am a whole pound under goal!!! So psyched!

I already took the chicken breast out of the freezer to defrost so I can have it for LUNCH!

Thanks to all of you for your support - the diet is hard but not unmanageable and staying OP is soooooo worth it!

p.s. I even had an Outback steak last night and worked out yesterday am - never thought between those two I'd drop it in a day - talk about whoosh!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #15  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

By the way everyone, I made the pudding waffles today...... they are to die for! Gonna be so great having an alternative for lunch! I am baking the pudding muffins now for my snack..... they smell dreamy! You can also use the waffles for a "veggie sandwich".
Closed Thread