Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Lazy!!!

Hey everyone i am new to this forum and have more than a bit of weight to lose, i have started recording the fitness channels on sky when i am out walking the dog. i have watched all i have taped but havent found the motivation when i come back in with the dog to do them.

do you think home exercising works as i cant afford to join a gym at present and i hate the gym. also any tips how to get me off my butt when i have walked the dog for 1.5 hours

thank you

Lorraine
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

i think its important to not sit down and get comfortable when you get back. once you find something you like, maybe keep it on pause so that you can start it as soon as you come in. music is important to me..if i'm listening to a song i really love, it makes me want to move.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiedough34 View Post
do you think home exercising works

Lorraine
Yes, but you gotta be in the right mindset to WANT to do it, and to want to push yourself.

Most of my workouts are doing workout DVD's. The odd time I hit the gym, and lately I've been doing a lot of hot yoga. But majority of my weightloss success has been from doing it at home.

You can also find online exercises to do at home on the internet if you don't feel like doing a video.

Example of workouts a buddy of mine does.
Mountain climbers - 60 (two steps = 1 rep)
Twist Mountain Climbers- 40 reps (20 per leg)
Frogger - 30 reps
Burpees - 10 reps
Tuck jump Burpees - 10 reps
Static plank - 2 min hold
and repeat the set again. None of this requires any equiptment only maybe a yoga mat.

Also agree with valalltogether the second I get home and sit...good luck getting me off that couch. Maybe walk the dog, then get home and just start doing other exercises for maybe 30 minutes to start and if you feel like you want to go longer work your way up to it.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #4  

I don't think it matters if its at home or in the gym. If you WANT to do it, you will do it. Lots of people have gym memberships, but do not go. I had a friend that barely exercised when she went to the gym. She treated it as more of a social gathering. I do think that once you get started your mindset will change.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #5  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

The type of workout that works is the one you do. It doesn't matter whether it's a video at home, a dance class or a fancy gym membership, it's the doing it that matters... and all the better if you actually have fun.

If the workouts you have taped have absolutely no appeal to you, maybe you can find something that does. There are lots of ways to be active and get fit.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote