Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #1  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Default plastic surgery

I am fairly certain I will be getting a 'mommy makeover' after I have reached my goal and sustained the weight loss for awhile.

Anyone else had or planning on getting some work done?
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Funny you asked that today...the one area I have ALWAYS been unhappy with is my upper arms. Even now that I am so close to goal my arms have yet to change all that much. I've been looking into coolsculpting which is noninvasive and less expensive than lipo. Been researching it all morning LOL.
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #3  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
I am fairly certain I will be getting a 'mommy makeover' after I have reached my goal and sustained the weight loss for awhile.

Anyone else had or planning on getting some work done?
I would love to but not much for the surgery thing. A new option has came to a spa close to me I might consider, it is Cutera Titan laser called skin tight. A infrared laser light stimulates the collagen in your body to make more. It takes a few treatments depending on how much area you need done, costs lots less than surgery, no down time and says there have been good results. I want love to get my stomach area done.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5ft 4in

My hope is to lose (and keep off) 30lbs by my 40th birthday (1 1/2 years) and I plan on getting a breast lift. I have always been large (high C in my early 20's to now a DDD) and after 2 kids, breast feeding both for almost a year and being over weight for years I will need some help there.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

I had my stomach done a little more than a year ago. Pretty painful procedure....but the results were worth it. Next would be the "girls". Definately need a lift.....and probably some volume....
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #6  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrid61 View Post
I had my stomach done a little more than a year ago. Pretty painful procedure....but the results were worth it. Next would be the "girls". Definately need a lift.....and probably some volume....

can you tell me more about your experience with the tummy tuck? that's what I would like to get done plus a lift and volume in my boobs too. (breastfeeding 3 children and losing weight hasn't helped anything!)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I had a breast augmentation 10 years ago, lift and saline implants, under the muscle. I was not happy with the way I looked after going from a B cup to a DDD cup while pregnant and breast feeding. Then back down to a small C. Deflated banana shaped was not my idea of a good breasts. The procedure was very painful, but you get to bring home some great drugs. I had to sleep in a recliner for a few nights. You realize that those muscles are used for EVERYTHING, and you will need help with all of those tasks. You will not be able to dress yourself, you will not be able to open the refrigerator door, you will not be able to go to the bathroom by yourself, brush your teeth, hair....I could go on and on. You will need someone to take care of your kids and someone to take care of you. I was told at the time that breast implants last around 10 years and then you have to get them re-done. Not ready for that at all! I cringe to think about having something done again. I still have some nerve damage, a surface numbness to the left breast between the breast and my armpit and sometimes a shooting, burning pain in the same area.

I've had a child and gained/lost weight since then. I could use a little help in more than one area. Just not too anxious to have anything else done.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Great thread Sara. I'm guessing there will be a tummy tuck in my future too. I wouldn't think my skin would "snap back" into place at my age and after losing 100 pounds. (My goal anyway)
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #9  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Great thread Sara. I'm guessing there will be a tummy tuck in my future too. I wouldn't think my skin would "snap back" into place at my age and after losing 100 pounds. (My goal anyway)
100 lbs is my goal as well and I started off at 235 lbs.... very similar to you!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
can you tell me more about your experience with the tummy tuck? that's what I would like to get done plus a lift and volume in my boobs too. (breastfeeding 3 children and losing weight hasn't helped anything!)
The tummy tuck was very painful and I was told it was going to be upfront. I was in the hospital 4 days and home for about 6 weeks. In the first few weeks you aren't able to do much for yourself and it pays to follow instructions - no lifting, etc. However, pretty much everything you try to do hurts. I came home with drains and had them a couple of weeks. They can be a little tender but hurt like heck when they come out. I was told healing would take time and I felt more like myself after a 3 months. I still had some puffiness but was back to routine and felt good. I had a very good surgeon who took the time to explain what he was going to do. I would take your time and find someone who has a really good reputation and will do this for you as well. It is expensive and can be risky - infection or other complications. On the positive side, I have a flat, younger looking stomach and my clothing fits so much better, so I think it was worth it. Hope this helps.
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I am hoping to too, but not until we're done having kids (several years off, we want at least 2 more). Because of my family history I may end up with a double mastectomy and reconstruction and a tummy tuck. My stomach looks awful after my pregnancy, I literally heard a nurse gasp when she saw my pregnant belly because there were more stretch marks than I have ever seen. Stretch marks do not equal your skin snapping back!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #12  
INACTIVE

For those of you who have had the breast lift, was there a lot of scarring? I've always been curious about it. Was the incision similiar to a breast reduction?
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm sure I will need surgery, but don't think I'll do it. I've had two surgeries now in my stomach area (C-section and hysterectomy), and I'm done with that area. I'm just sticking to exercise and taking extra collagen. Don't think either will help enough to make a big difference, but figure it can't hurt.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #14  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I would love to get my stomach done after I reach my goal weight, but reading about six weeks recovery makes that totally out of the question. I had no idea it would be so bad. I thought it would be similar to my C-section... I was up and running in 2 weeks. As a single Mommy there was not much time to recover...

Is anyone using those skin tightening lotions, like Nivea Q10 or similar? Will that do any good? I figure if I use them throughout my loss phase and getting some extra collagen, that should help. Would be grateful for any advice.
Beanie Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #15  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Ive never lost a lot in my chest area on any diet, yet I have never reached my goal weight either. (I will on this diet though ) I have always been very heavy chested even at 15! I am currently a 40DDD and really am considering (once I have met my goal and maintained for at least a year) getting a reduction and lift. I am 25, and my breast look (hang) like that of a 70 year old! My doctor has suggested a reduction but I just don't know, I am terrified of the scars it will leave. But I also know that I don't want to be 130-135 lbs with (lets just say I do lose a couple sizes) 38D breasts that hang to my belly button!!!
ICanLoseItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote