Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #1  

Default help please?

am i doing something wrong?

i feel like crap! hardly have the strength to move. my arms have no strength and i feel kinda shaky. it's my tom...so that could be part of it, but for over a week i have lost little to nothing. tomorrow i have my 2nd weigh in. i have been following the diet exactly, 3 packets/ day (including one restricted) and drinking lots. i can't figure out why i'm not adjusting. i was told my hunger would go away (along with cravings). i'm just as hungry as ever but have verified that i am in ketosis.

any suggestions? i just really wanna know that this is normal... thanks.
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #2  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post

i feel like crap! hardly have the strength to move. my arms have no strength and i feel kinda shaky. it's my tom...so that could be part of it, but for over a week i have lost little to nothing. tomorrow i have my 2nd weigh in. i have been following the diet exactly, 3 packets/ day (including one restricted) and drinking lots. i can't figure out why i'm not adjusting. i was told my hunger would go away (along with cravings). i'm just as hungry as ever but have verified that i am in ketosis.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Are you eating plenty of lettuce? If you're eating iceberg you may want to switch to romaine or green leaf. I find those more satisfying. Also make sure not to skimp on veggies and olive oil. Try eating more dense veggies like broccoli and cauliflower. They are good at filling you up, but keep you OP.

Don't snack in between. I found that when I eat veggies in between meals that creates more cravings for more, but everyone is different. I drink herbal tea when my hunger arrives early. That usually helps tide me over.

I hope this helps a little. I wish you good luck and lots of willpower while you're struggling.
Beanie Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #3  

thanks so much for the encouragement Beanie Mommy! i am eating romaine, and lots of it at lunch time. (afraid i can't stomach more than one salad a day). for my other meal i usually have either broccoli, cauliflower, some sort of greens (like kale, collards or mustard) or the occasion green beans. i've not been snacking between but do have peppermint tea in the mornings and some MIO in my water in the afternoons. i just can't figure out why i'm doing as well as my couch said i'd do. all that hunger being gone and no more cravings just isn't happening for me. i'm zero energy and on the verge of hypoglycemia, it seems.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #4  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Try skipping the Mio. Just for a few days. I don't use it, but I read on this forum that some people get worse cravings from it.

I also get just ravenous when I eat the IP bars. The sweeter IP products do that to me in general. I try to stick to the omelets and the salty snacks as much as possible. Something in my brain just wants me to eat sweets and toms of them. Maybe you're wired similar.

It could also just take some extra time for your stomach to shrink down. Don't be discouraged. I had very little energy for 3-4 weeks, but in the last week or so ( I'm at the end of week5) it's gotten back to pretty normal.

Hope you find lots of encouragement on this site - I know I have.
Beanie Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #5  

thanks again. i was off the mio for a few days and i think i was better... then again maybe it's because of my tom. so hard to say. at least if i know it's fairly normal i can hang in there with a better attitude. appreciate all your pointers- i'll keep looking for me!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Be sure to pass this by your coach. They should be looking at your journal to find any issues (if there are any). But, without seeing your journal I can just say be sure to get your salt intake throughout the day and be sure to get your 1 - 2 tsp of olive oil. And yes, don't skimp on the veggies and eat 8 ounces of protein at dinner time...also be sure you're eating every 4-5 hours. Good luck and I do hope this gets better for you. I mean, it should but it's gotta suck feeling like you do...
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

it does take a few weeks to get your energy back, i always feel hungry when I am losing the most so hopefully that is the case. also, I have to take 2 potassium pills a day, i was feeling faint and had muscle cramps and with the two pill that went away. can you call your coach for some advice? make sure you eat the maximum you are allowed on days you feel crappy.

Quote:

QHLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Stay off te scale. Definitely consider taking 2 potassium and make sure you are taking the other supplements.

A couple of dill pickles or some egg whites with sea salt can also work wonders!

Hope it passes!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #9  

thanks everyone. i have an appointment with my couch tomorrow. i'll run this all by them. i'm feeling considerably better since eating supper tonight... still kinda foggy minded tho and a bit weak in the arms. we'll see what they say. i appreciate all the help so much!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #10  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

Try drinking tea it helps me out between meals.. and of course you may not have lost much due to TOM.. it will come.. dont lose faith and keep at it!
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Hi Emkay -

You can have up to 5 packs a day. If you are shaky - Please EAT! A few questions: How much to you weigh and how much do you want to lose? How tall are you? Are you on any meds - blood sugar, blood pressure, thyroid? Once on the program I had to adjust all my meds very quickly. When I started the program, I was on 8 different meds. Now, I'm on 3.

Perhaps you can post your meals so we can take a look. Sometimes others can see what you cannot. I've seen lots of meals postings and at first blush they look fine. But after the ladies take a closer look, they can ferret out trouble!

Good luck!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

don't forget your salt, that is also very important.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #13  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I remember feeling foggy brained for about a week or two in the beginning. My blood pressure was low. Do you have a way to check it? Lick some sea salt off the back of your hand and drink 8 oz water. This works for headaches, but my FIL swears that it makes him feel "not starving" after he does it. He was a snack-a-holic before IP, so I'm sure it cuts the craving for salty snacks for him. The foggy brain is a typical feeling for those who are low carb dieting. I google researched it to death when I was experiencing the same thing. The good news is that it does go away, it just may take a week or two.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #14  

thanks EVERYONE for all the great advice! i will be drawing on it in the days and weeks ahead... GREAT NEWS!! mystery solved. hopped on the scale this morning and am down 3.5 lbs (after nothing for over a week!) whew! what giant sigh of relief! i am feeling better today and no wonder after that giant shift in fluids yesterday. crazy TOM! i am learning much about my body and how things work on this diet. next i feel so lethargic i will be looking forward to a tip in the scale next day. hugs to you all!! chin up and marching forward.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261.3/253/200

Height: 5.3

If you feel hungry, please eat a packet. It's better to eat an extra packet and to go off the program. An extra packet will not make you gain.

Good Luck
Sucree is offline   Reply With Quote