Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Thanks again for the update on Mel. I do hope that the doctor's can find out what is wrong. Enjoy the butterflies.

Michelle
Hope that your dh can have answer to his problem also. This has to be frustrating.

Annie
Sounds like it may be time for Curtis to go to the doctor. Good idea for sleeping on the couch. No point in both of you getting sick. This wasn't my light bill but people in the city are complaining big time that their's is too high.

It was like a Spring day yesterday but it's still January. More rain is on it's way. Even the tree's are thinking it's Spring.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #182  

Morning all. I wrote a short post on the train but lost it when my battery died. This will be quick since I already spent a few minutes writing to complain to Jimmy Johns (sandwich shop). I went there for lunch yesterday and the music was entirely too loud. I decided to ask the employee at the counter to turn it down. I returned to my table, but nope - they didn't turn it down. I could barely hear what I had playing through my headphones and I gave up on that. Not that it was any easier focusing on the book I was reading. I've notice a lot of restaurants doing that now. It's annoying. Can't seem to get peace and quiet anywhere these days.

Tonight will be the movie "The Iron Lady", about Margaret Thatcher.

Loving this mild weather. However, I did smell skunk on my walk to the train this morning. We'll have to be careful when we let doggy outside during these warm temps. I recently heard on a radio show that spreading moth balls around areas where skunks like to spend time (like under decks, etc.) will keep them away. But those things are toxic and I don't want them leaching into the soil or being around where Coal spends his time in the yard, and then getting it on his paws. I haven't had moth balls in the house for years and I'd like to keep it that way.

Okay, I'll have to do personals another time. Everyone have a great day.

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #183  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Laura...is the "under neath the deck" blocked enough that the doggies cannot get under..if so..throw the moth balls under the deck rather than around the deck...same effect.

CHELLE...not really tired of hearing/talking about it from friends and neighbors...just SICK of the local news being consumed by it. MOVE ON...I know it is a HUGE event, but really????

CEEJAY...not only are the trees thinking it is spring, but so am I and HELLA B. She sees the sun shining and wants to go out then gets out there and realizes it is not what she expected and scratches on the door...she is so gullible...

Curtis was still in bed when I got home from work with the door to the bedroom shut...kind of like when I was living alone...I come home and do my own thing...lol....God love him....I think he might be a bit better, but still has a low grade fever. He did take an anti-poo med, hopefully that will kick in.....I think his tummy now hurts from being empty rather than this flu thing he has going on. He said he ate some of the jello I made for him and a couple of pieces of dry toast.....that is all he has had since Saturday....not enough....

Gonna fix some dinner even if it is only me tonight....leftovers are good!

Oh and Chelle...on FB I saw your post about protein shakes...they are all gross and nasty...it is just a matter of finding the least gross and nasty one. Sorry to dissappoint...but the facts are there...bleckie...blah...gross...nasty...yuk...and all the other.

Gotta get busy...

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #184  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Short post since I am trying to get a few things done before I have to pack up and go to the airport to fly home.

The butterflies are flitting around, there are some different ones today. Got a photo of one of them. Let me see if I can post it.
No, can't do much with it here. I will see if I can tidy up when I get home. I tried to identify it and the closest I can come is to a Pale Green Triangle butterfly however it is almost see through and I thought it was a glasswing butterfly but can't find it on that list. Anyway, no doubt someone will put me right or tell me where to go. They always do.

So I'll catch up again tomorrow. Might have some news from Mel at then as well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #185  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day ladies -

This week is going so slow. I can't believe it's only Wednesday. DH has an appointment with a pulmonologist today and I'm anxious to hear what he has to say. DH sent his CT films, xrays, and reports to our friend who is a ultrasound/xray tech in CA. She had a radiologist with a great deal of expertise look at them. Essentially the CA doc was able to rule out a few diseases and said it is likely a fungal infection. Anyway, we'll know more today, I hope. And hopefully, the doc will give him an effective treatment plan.

I have one afternoon meeting today, and aside from that, I'll be working on my self-review or Java CBTs. I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils. The bowling event was okay. I wish I would've been able to bowl...it would've been more fun that sitting there watching. Oh well. Maybe next year. When I went home and was hoping to enjoy the gorgeous weather and take the dogs for a walk, but by the time I gave them all their meds, etc., the sun was going down and there was a chilly wind. So I did 25 min. of Wii Fit instead (when I probably should've only done about 15 or 20 min.). My back and legs were sore afterwards (mostly my legs), and they're sore today. I've got to get back to regular exercise and really control my portions. I'm thinking about using a meal replacement program for a quick jumpstart...but I haven't decided yet.

I'm fighting a losing battle against a migraine today...but since I can't miss the afternoon meeting, I guess I may have to tough this one out.

I will be implementing reports on Friday night and Sunday morning, and the rest of the weekend may be taken up with website work.

Ceejay - Glad to hear you're getting the Spring like temps too. I hope that's not messing with your allergies too much. And I hope the rain isn't causing any flooding.

Laura - I've also noticed that fast food restaurants crank up the music, which I guess is okay if you like their taste in music...but often I don't. And quite often, I want peace and quiet. And when you can't hear what's playing on your headphones over their blaring music, it is annoying. How was "The Iron Lady"? The previews looked really good. I hope you, bf and Coal are able to stay away from the skunks.

Annie - I can understand how you could be sick of all the media hype for the "Big Game". DH and I will be watching the game, but not as intently as if the Packers were playing. We are curious to hear whether or not Peyton Manning will play again, and if so, will he play for the Colts. Sounds like a big soap opera. I hope Curtis feels better soon. Can you get him to drink some Ensure? DH's mom drinks that to help get nutrition when she has difficulty eating/keeping food down. Sending lots of wishes to him. Thanks for the warning on how protein shakes taste.

Shad - Are you home now? How's the garden and the castle coming along? I'm so envious of you seeing the butterflies. When DH and I lived in CA, we went to Yosemite National Park one spring and timed it perfectly so that we were there during the Monarch butterfly migration...there were literally THOUSANDS of the beautiful creatures flying and flitting about. It was a spectacular sight!

Lots to get done today, so I'd better get to it.

Big and to all!

Love ya's,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #186  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Hope you're enjoying the Spring in January, and not getting flooding.

Shad - So nice you've been seeing butterflies right out your window. So this was a short trip?

Annie - Re the moth balls/skunks - we don't have a deck, that was just an example. The skunks pass through our yard, but I don't believe they've taken up residence...though they might decided to because we have a growing pile of branches and brush way in the back that might serve as shelter for them. Not sure how inviting it would be for them to settle in since the dog is always out there. Anyway, there isn't a spot where I could spread the moth balls where the dog couldn't get at them or be exposed to them. I hope Curtis is feeling better soon!! And that you don't catch whatever he has!!

Michelle - Sorry you couldn't bowl yesterday, and that the event didn't allow you to get home and out for a walk w/ the doggies. I hope your migraine eases up so you can focus on the training and the meeting. Good luck to dh w/ the pulmonologist.

Hellos to Happy & Mel!!
---
I went to the theater last night and bought my ticket, surprised that the movie started 10 min. earlier than I'd thought. I warned a fellow movie gal via text, and she pointed out it started 10 min. later at another theater. Turns out, there had been a change of theater and I'd totally overlooked it in the e-mail, haha. I ended up watching "The Iron Lady" by myself. Meryl Streep was very good (as usual), as was the actor Jim Broadbent, who played her husband. The movie itself was alright. Naturally there wasn't enough time to delve into anything in any real depth. The movie was framed around Thatcher as an elderly woman and told in flashback, and that was interesting, if sad. I think I would have gotten more out of it had I known more about Margaret Thatcher and Britain’s system of government and history. I will make a broad generalization and say that I don’t think people in the US pay much attention to other countries, or rather certainly not as much attention as other countries pay to the US.

That’s about it. Going to my Pilates class tonight. This is the 2nd day that the muscles on the lower front of my calf/ankle are sore. I’m stumped as to why. I haven’t been walking any more than I usually do. It might have been the shoes I wore the other day. Huh.

It wasn't a late night yesterday, but I'm just weary today. Doing this software implementation on top of my usual work is getting old, even though this is a low period for my usual stuff. But there is an end to this project...at which point my usual work will start kicking into high gear again. Sigh. I need to be grateful for my job and the opportunity to be working on this project.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #187  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Bummer that you ended up at a different theater than the rest of the group. I think you're correct that people in the US don't pay nearly as much attention to other countries as other countries pay to the US. Which is probably why I don't get all the jokes told by standup comedians and talk show hosts on BBC America. I've had the lower front calf/ankle pain before and what I did was elevate it and ice it when I was laying down, and go gentle flex and extend stretches when sitting. I hope the weariness passes. My co-worker had some Excedrin, so my migraine is easing up a bit.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #188  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Folks,

It's February. Need to come up with a new thread. Let me think a minute and I will do it.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #189  
Creating a Healthier Me

@Happy - I like your Frassin' February title you came up with a couple days ago.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #190  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

ask and you shall have...

Take Me to the new February Thread
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote