shepherdgirl

S/C/G: 252.2/ticker/126

Height: 5'2

Default Hello!

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Southeast US, Appalachia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: full-time student, currently working on a Veterinary Technician degree (it's like a nurse for animals)

Pets: My family lives on a farm and we have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a rabbit, sheep and cattle. Pretty much everything except the cattle you could call pets.

Hobbies/Interests: animals (& livestock), reading, literature, science, photography, spending time outdoors--such as walking, hiking & camping, baking, movies, plays, music

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brunette/I'm not sure--my mom says they are blue, but other people have said grey and green. I like my eye color, whatever it is.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 6, 2012

Starting Weight: 242 lbs. (my highest ever was 252.2 lbs)

Present Weight: 235.2 lbs.

Goal Weight: 126 lbs. (will have lost half of my highest weight)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: perseverance I've attempted to lose weight seriously on at least half a dozen times, and started out motivated, but it never lasted (and I always gained it back, plus some). I'm trying to make this the time that I stick with it!

Following any specific plan: Calorie-counting (avg. 1600 cals a day) with some mild exercise (mainly walking). I'll increase the exercise once I get some of this bulk off. I keep a daily food journal by using a free website called nutrimirror (google it) and it is great for tracking calories and nutritional info (such as fat, sodium, etc.). Anyone doing calorie counting should check it out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Simple: I'm not going to quit. I'm also trying to focus just on 10 lbs. at a time, which is a lot more achievable than 100 lbs!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just thought I'd introduce myself and I hope to post on here occasionally--I don't know how much, with the demands of school and everything. This looks to be a great resource that will help keep me motivated.

Long term goal:

Last edited by shepherdgirl : 01-31-2012 at 04:25 PM.
shepherdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote